Page 164 of 168 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2516

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    That isn't the cause though because they were awarded their own Star Wars trilogy last Fall, when Season 7 was done, when Season 8 was already written, filmed, and in post-production. George Lucas had also visited the set last year but before they got their trilogy --maybe he recommended them to Kathleen Kennedy?

Many years ago, they decided that it would run seven seasons, and it ended up being about that -- slightly more at 73 instead of 70 episodes. If they had added an extra seven episodes for a nice round number of 80, it might have helped, but only marginally. They don't know how to write a sensible and cohesive story (this was immediately and painfully clear when they wrote the lousy Dorne arc in Season 5) and they really needed outside help, like from GRRM himself.
    agree

they got the star wars gig years ago.

i still am entertained by game of thrones and it will always be a favorite

HBO offered DnD extra episodes but they reportedly said - no thanks- we can do it in 6
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I would have liked that better in terms of how Rheagal dies.

IMO Missandei execution was the event that flipped the switch. Not just the actual event itself with Missandei last word but also the lack of counsel from her and others.

Lot of other things piled on (Jon not returning her love and her claiming then it will be fear for example) but I knew the city was going to burn to the ground when Missandei's head hit the ground after hearing Missandei's last word.
    Did you watch the "Previously on Game of Thrones," clip which preceded the episode? There was a slew of voices (representative of Dany's internal conflict) going off while Daenerys reacted to Missandei's murder:

• "He has a better claim to the throne." (Varys)
    • "Every time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin." (Cersei)
    • "The Mad King gave his enemies the justice he thought they deserved." (Ser Barristan Selmy)
    • "Children are not their fathers." (Tyrion)
    • "Be a dragon." (Olenna Tyrell)
    • "You have a gentle heart." (Jorah Mormont)
    • "A Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing." (Maester Aemon)
    • "You don't want to wake the dragon, do you?" (Viserys Targaryen)

Missandei's death was pivotal to be sure, but no one thing caused Dany to flip in that moment. Sequentially, Jon's romantic rejection of her was the final straw --when she decided to embrace a rule by fear, but really it was more a final ingredient that went into the pressure cooker, and she snapped later when the bells rang while looking at the Red Keep.

The recipe:

1. Targaryen inbreeding created a potential for madness to manifest.
    2. Half of Dany's personality is ruthless as she burns her enemies.
    3. Her executions and intentions crossed moral lines a few times in Mereen and in Westeros (against the advice of her counselors).

4. The people of Westeros (in the North) rejected her.
    5. She lost all of her counselors who checked and tempered her worst impulses: Selmy, Jorah, and even Tyrion --whose track record as Hand is a string of failures, and he didn't come to her immediately after hearing from Sansa and told Varys so she doesn't trust nor heed him at all --he's basically another loss.
    6. Varys betrayed her.
    7. She's lost two of her dragon "children" now.
    8. Beloved Missandei's brutal execution and (very uncharacteristic) final word of advice.
    9. Jon can't reciprocate her love and "betrayed" her by telling Sansa, a perceived "enemy".
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-15-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by JT24Champ View Post
    agree

they got the star wars gig years ago.

i still am entertained by game of thrones and it will always be a favorite
    I was mistaken, I thought they got the Star Wars gig last Fall. It was February of 2018. Lucas visited the set while they filmed the season premiere "Winterfell" and even directed a scene between Jon and Dany! Liam Cunningham (Davos) reported that Lucas also met with D&D but this was in 2017 before they got their gig from Disney.

I too love Game of Thrones despite its flaws in seasons 5-8.

I wholeheartedly agree........

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/15/game-of...-season-8-hbo/

And I want game 7 of the Nuggets-Blazers remade while they're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree........

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/15/game-of...-season-8-hbo/

And I want game 7 of the Nuggets-Blazers remade while they're at it.
    "Once upon a time, if you didn’t like a movie or TV show, you complained about it to your friends (or just people who would listen) and that was that. But what a wondrous age we live in now! Frustrated fans can commiserate together, or send their complaints directly at the despised work’s creators, through social media. Or if they really want to get the creators’ attention, they can mobilize that ultimate weapon: the online petition."

"Of course, the idea that HBO would remake the biggest and most logistically complex season of television ever conceived is ludicrous."

Yes back to earth and reality...

I am looking forward to the prequel spin-offs --without D&D, thank you. I want Valyria and Asshai!!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    HBO offered DnD extra episodes but they reportedly said - no thanks- we can do it in 6
    Their minds were made up on the length of the series a while ago and they were already planning and writing their ill-advised Confederate series announced in 2017.

I was mistaken, I thought they got the Star Wars gig last Fall. It was February of 2018. Lucas visited the set while they filmed the season premiere "Winterfell" and even directed a scene between Jon and Dany! Liam Cunningham (Davos) reported that Lucas also met with D&D but this was in 2017 before they got their gig from Disney.

I too love Game of Thrones despite its flaws in seasons 5-8.
    sorry rumors a couple years ago

official - last year like you said

Their minds were made up on the length of the series a while ago and they were already planning and writing their ill-advised Confederate series announced in 2017.
    and were offered more budget for the show. im sadddddddddddddd hahah

oh well with the books and the show we will have an amazing story

Red 98

So - place your bets

....... who sits on the throne after tomorrow night?

I hope it's Jon but I have a feeling DnD are gonna be cute and put Tyrion up there
    Red 98

Did you watch the "Previously on Game of Thrones," clip which preceded the episode? There was a slew of voices (representative of Dany's internal conflict) going off while Daenerys reacted to Missandei's murder:

• "He has a better claim to the throne." (Varys)
    • "Every time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin." (Cersei)
    • "The Mad King gave his enemies the justice he thought they deserved." (Ser Barristan Selmy)
    • "Children are not their fathers." (Tyrion)
    • "Be a dragon." (Olenna Tyrell)
    • "You have a gentle heart." (Jorah Mormont)
    • "A Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing." (Maester Aemon)
    • "You don't want to wake the dragon, do you?" (Viserys Targaryen)

Missandei's death was pivotal to be sure, but no one thing caused Dany to flip in that moment. Sequentially, Jon's romantic rejection of her was the final straw --when she decided to embrace a rule by fear, but really it was more a final ingredient that went into the pressure cooker, and she snapped later when the bells rang while looking at the Red Keep.

The recipe:

1. Targaryen inbreeding created a potential for madness to manifest.
    2. Half of Dany's personality is ruthless as she burns her enemies.
    3. Her executions and intentions crossed moral lines a few times in Mereen and in Westeros (against the advice of her counselors).

4. The people of Westeros (in the North) rejected her.
    5. She lost all of her counselors who checked and tempered her worst impulses: Selmy, Jorah, and even Tyrion --whose track record as Hand is a string of failures, and he didn't come to her immediately after hearing from Sansa and told Varys so she doesn't trust nor heed him at all --he's basically another loss.
    6. Varys betrayed her.
    7. She's lost two of her dragon "children" now.
    8. Beloved Missandei's brutal execution and (very uncharacteristic) final word of advice.
    9. Jon can't reciprocate her love and "betrayed" her by telling Sansa, a perceived "enemy".
    As you have mentioned before I think the recipe is longer list that this post.

To me I do nothing unless I have multiple reasons to support my decision...ultimately there is one thing that was the "straw the broke the camel's back"

Any of the things mentioned here and in other posts could have been the straw. I just stated my opinion based on my understanding of the character.

I think it was in one of the post episode extras that one of the show makers even mentioned it was really effecting Daenerys that she seemed to have to follow a certain code, Cersei did not follow that code and it really bothered Daenerys that Cersei seemed to be getting advantages because Cersei did not follow that code. I think this played a big part in setting Daenerys into her feelings so that when the moment came she was not very rational in her decision making.

There was definitely a large number of things that had Daenerys on the path of full-filling her fathers wish to burn the city down. Some external forces, some choices Daenerys made and some just random events.

That may have actually been her destiny...to actually destroy the city and the center place of the "Wheel" that she was trying to destroy.

Daenerys Targaryen : Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell they're all just spokes on a wheel. This ones on top, then that ones on top and on and on it spins crushing those on the ground.

Tyrion Lannister : It's a beautiful dream, stopping the wheel. You're not the first person who's ever dreamt it.

Daenerys Targaryen : I'm not going to stop the wheel, I'm going to break the wheel.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches