Page 136 of 168 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Enh...My youtube recomended videos have already screwed me spoiler wise...I was already spoiled by some reddit trolls anyway. At this point the episode is 100% ruined for me...Just sucks. I might aswelk watch the best version i can find...
    Feel for you cb.........

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    It was a great episode..... ya I watched it with no feeling of guilt....
    To experience guilt, one must first have a conscience.......

j/k Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    GRRM has stated that the books came out years before the show and anyone could have read it and known what was generally coming. So it's not too big of a surprise that spoilers aren't hurting the ratings.
    True Free.
    But now we are way beyond the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    They aren't which is why it is strange that this weeks leak was actually HBO leaking it and not hackers leaking it.
    Sad event Frey.
    Accidental airing in Spain.
    HBO had it shut down quickly.
    All it took was one hour.
    Spread faster than Cersei's wildfire at the Sept

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

GRRM has stated that the books came out years before the show and anyone could have read it and known what was generally coming. So it's not too big of a surprise that spoilers aren't hurting the ratings.
    What he said there was:

"It’s sort of amusing that people would be in a big panic about the scripts being leaked before the show has come out considering that for the first entire five seasons my books were out and anyone could read my novels and find out what was going to happen. Just knowing something is going to happen is not the same as experiencing it and enjoying it."

Yeah his books "spoiled" the core events of seasons 1-5 (sans the things they changed obviously), but not 6 & 7. Surprise is really the only edge the latter seasons have since D&D aren't better writers than GRRM and have less time to do it.

While I did really enjoy watching Episode 6 (which, btw, is officially titled "Beyond the Wall", not "Death is the Enemy" as many sites were calling it), I would have preferred to be surprised by the big stuff because I know I would have soiled myself over it! Figuratively. I regret spoiling myself and that's my fault -lesson learned. I really thought that most of what I read was a load of bunk (as many spoilers out there are!) because some items just seemed too outrageous and even ridiculous to believe.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

As long we we support the original broadcast and show I wouldn't feel guilty. Hell, if they came out with some box cover blu-ray that came out with a huge ridiculous Valyrian steel dagger I'd buy it
    While they probably won't make such a bundle it might be worth buying the replica separately. For $230 you can get one made of Damascus steel and 24k gold:

http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/sw...e/prod_20.html

Longclaw for 250 might be more fun though -death to the White Walker's big weeds in the backyard!

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    What he said there was:

"It’s sort of amusing that people would be in a big panic about the scripts being leaked before the show has come out considering that for the first entire five seasons my books were out and anyone could read my novels and find out what was going to happen. Just knowing something is going to happen is not the same as experiencing it and enjoying it."

Yeah his books "spoiled" the core events of seasons 1-5 (sans the things they changed obviously), but not 6 & 7. Surprise is really the only edge the latter seasons have since D&D aren't better writers than GRRM and have less time to do it.

While I did really enjoy watching Episode 6 (which, btw, is officially titled "Beyond the Wall", not "Death is the Enemy" as many sites were calling it), I would have preferred to be surprised by the big stuff because I know I would have soiled myself over it! Figuratively. I regret spoiling myself and that's my fault -lesson learned. I really thought that most of what I read was a load of bunk (as many spoilers out there are!) because some items just seemed too outrageous and even ridiculous to believe.
    Yeah I know. I probably could have worded that better but the date of the article is still recent and the show is still pulling in massive audience numbers. People are always gonna tune in because the experience of the show is gonna trump reading a blurb on reddit.

As far as personally, I'm right there with you guys. I have ruined many other movies and shows in the past so yeah, I can't read spoilers either. That's probably why I downloaded it because i can't stand spoilers. Just this morning I witnessed some people dropping the episode's big bombshell in a random unavoidable thread. HBO needs to control their content.

Also, I made the mistake of thinking I was in the clear and reading some posts on r/freefolk. Yeah don't go there
    You've got to know when to sack em...

While they probably won't make such a bundle it might be worth buying the replica separately. For $230 you can get one made of Damascus steel and 24k gold:

http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/sw...e/prod_20.html

Longclaw for 250 might be more fun though -death to the White Walker's big weeds in the backyard!
    Oh wow. $250 is not bad at all. Hmmm....

I wonder if there's anywhere I can watch it online here in the U.K tomorrow.
    Normally I watch on Sky Atlantic on Monday night but am away for a couple of nights and won't be able to see the ep till Wednesday night otherwise.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I wonder if there's anywhere I can watch it online here in the U.K tomorrow.
    Normally I watch on Sky Atlantic on Monday night but am away for a couple of nights and won't be able to see the ep till Wednesday night otherwise.
    Maybe HBO Now?

https://order.hbonow.com/

Maybe not LM.

"HBO NOW is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories......"

If you are really have to have to, watch it like all these guys did already.
    Otherwise, wait until you get back.
    Just don't read any newspapers, listen to the radio, watch TV or go online.
    Sorry Jawsie.
    Hope that you enjoy your excursion though.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Well, I'd talk about the ep, but errbody watched it already. lol.

It was all predictable, but still pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Well, I'd talk about the ep, but errbody watched it already. lol.

It was all predictable, but still pretty damn good.
    Yeh...MEH is my initial reaction.

I watched it live but was spoiled about a week ago...

Just wasnt what i was expecting from all the hype...

Really don't understand why Jon would bend the knee when she was clearly on his side just from seeing the NK and his army

I've never been more disappointed in this show than after the last two episodes. Everything has felt so forced lately, and the only unpredictable things that have happened have been frustrating, not exciting. I didn't care much about the time gaps before, but the dragons showing up to save them was just an impossible ask, yet they forced that in there anyway. How is Gendry sprinting back, getting a raven to Dany, Dany deciding immediately to go, and getting to them just in time even an option the writers thought was appealing? Yes, I understand Jon and the gang were probably stranded there for an extended period of time, but given the conditions and their lack of food and water, it couldn't have been more than a day or two. You're telling me all that happened in that short period of time?

That, and the fact that this whole plan in the first place was ridiculous. Two episodes ago was incredible. Last episode was fine, but things like Jaime just escaping magically and then Jon coming up with this plan and acting on it was silly. Everything that happened this episode was disappointing. I feel like I've been holding a giant balloon of excitement for this finale and the show just popped it before we got there.

I wish GRRM had finished the books before the show got here, it almost certainly would've been way better.
    Administrator

I think the future should be interesting. All of a suddenly, Qyburn's scorpion (w/dragonglass bolts) looks pretty good. I wonder if Bran can warg into something undead? Thing is, since no one knows it exists, there has to be a surprise battle where the good guys lose first before they come up with a plan.

I also found it interesting that the walkers chose to camp all night instead of throwing javelins at the guys sitting there on the rock.

Wasn't a fan of the plot at Winterfell. Just nonsensical dialogue from Arya. Probably one of those things that don't make much sense till they spring it on you.

Could definitely feel a huge shift in writing this year, it's too bad. Still enjoying the ride though.

I think the future should be interesting. All of a suddenly, Qyburn's scorpion (w/dragonglass bolts) looks pretty good. I wonder if Bran can warg into something undead? Thing is, since no one knows it exists, there has to be a surprise battle where the good guys lose first before they come up with a plan.

I also found it interesting that the walkers chose to camp all night instead of throwing javelins at the guys sitting there on the rock.

Wasn't a fan of the plot at Winterfell. Just nonsensical dialogue from Arya. Probably one of those things that don't make much sense till they spring it on you.

Could definitely feel a huge shift in writing this year, it's too bad. Still enjoying the ride though.
    Yeah I don't get the Arya story anymore. Where is all this hate coming from? Really doesn't make sense. I used to just love Arya but now they've made her into this short sighted, jaded, self centered little something.

I definitely feel the quality slipping because of this 'jam it all in and in less episodes' plan was decided. Really a shame. Everyone's motivations seem all over the place. They're not letting probably deaths happen anymore. Used to be no matter how important the character - he could die. It almost seems like the runners are sick and tired of doing it and are ready to move on. harsh words I know - because I can still say I was thoroughly entertained north of the wall here in episode 7 I think it is.

But I'm not gonna let it turn me off completely. Because it's still pretty damn entertaining - you just have to let some things go. It's a shame because until recently we haven't had to let anything go really. It was crafted that masterfully. Some aspects are still cutting edge, but others are really leaning all over them
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Really don't understand why Jon would bend the knee when she was clearly on his side just from seeing the NK and his army
    I think the thing with Jon is that - it's really always been his train of thought to make that sacrifice for his people. Like he tried to convince Mance to do. And since Mance didn't, Jon likely felt like he'd have to follow suit. But after the discussion with Tormund, it might have freed him up to do what he thinks is right - or best.... or least worst lol. Remember Tormund said something like - Mance Raider the King who didn't kneel. How many of his people died because he wasn't willing to kneel
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Yeah, I thought about that. It does play into the love theme conveniently, but I think the fact that she just saved his life while risking hers made it work a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I've never been more disappointed in this show than after the last two episodes. Everything has felt so forced lately, and the only unpredictable things that have happened have been frustrating, not exciting. I didn't care much about the time gaps before, but the dragons showing up to save them was just an impossible ask, yet they forced that in there anyway. How is Gendry sprinting back, getting a raven to Dany, Dany deciding immediately to go, and getting to them just in time even an option the writers thought was appealing? Yes, I understand Jon and the gang were probably stranded there for an extended period of time, but given the conditions and their lack of food and water, it couldn't have been more than a day or two. You're telling me all that happened in that short period of time?

That, and the fact that this whole plan in the first place was ridiculous. Two episodes ago was incredible. Last episode was fine, but things like Jaime just escaping magically and then Jon coming up with this plan and acting on it was silly. Everything that happened this episode was disappointing. I feel like I've been holding a giant balloon of excitement for this finale and the show just popped it before we got there.

I wish GRRM had finished the books before the show got here, it almost certainly would've been way better.
    While I was watching the episode, I thought about how their mission beyond the wall is such a major plot point, but still sort of silly. It almost feels like they needed to check all of that stuff off the list, and the mission beyond the wall was the best avenue they could think of. For the record though, I don't think it's all that bad. It's just one of those things you question while you're watching it.