Page 138 of 168 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It probably is true..Stupid trolls.
    Yeh it probably is...Nothing i hadn't seen coming but still.

I never had problems in 5 years of watching the show and the past 2 weeks have been terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    spoiler alert

tear came to my eyes when the dragon was hit ..... I dunno it was one of the more moving episodes for me despite it's shortcomings

Bill Murray, "Who cried when Old Yeller got shot at the end?"

Dizzy, you pulled the Ol' Yeller card !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Jon: I need to send a message asap!

Raven: Say no more!

Nice NA !!!
    Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I enjoyed it, wasn't quite battle of the bastards. However, I thought it was pretty good.

It was pretty good.
    I can still see that dead bear charging at me like in 3D !!!

Here I am thinking it was one of the better episodes of the show and every's like "Man I hated it"

They have a freaking ice dragon now!

I don't know why Dany named him after her brother, never did.
    Her brother turned on her, now Viserion will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    There were a ton of deaths this episode. Thoros of Myr (which means Dondarion is on his last life), Coldhands (Benjen Stark), and Viserion. It opens up a lot of questions. Will Dany listen to Tyrion's advice about riding into battle on her dragons after seeing the death of one of her dragons? Will Dondarion be more reserved since he knows he will permanently die without Thoros?

Thoros was a drunk, his liver was falling out. Coldhands was already half-dead.
    As far as Beric being more "reserved", I think not.
    Beric and Jon had that conversation about mortality shortly after Thoros died.
    Essentially they agreed to keep on keeping on,
    Defending those who cannot defend themselves.
    The basic Warrior's creed.
    Go out flaming !!!

Now if you're counting wights falling into the ice, yes there were a ton of deaths.
    I don't count wights because they are already dead.

The only character that "died" and affected the story line was Viserion.

Introducing the Band w/o Brothers early this season was a way for the writers to get the Hound back in the story line.
    Maybe Clegane, Jorah, Beric and Gendry(?) form some kind of new Band ?
    The writers evidently are listening to the fans, they brought back Gendry.
    Maybe they will have the Mountain/Hound "Cleganebowl" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    I noticed that too, and it might be the pathway to the resolution with this. We all know LF is a lying and conniving bastard, but that gives the show/audience a recent concrete example. And, once Arya puts LF and Sansa to the question, and discovers the truth... he's a goner. And, we might just get to see Arya wear Littlefinger's face next season. That should be fun.

Yes, M~n~G, that was surprising that LF said that.
    Maester Wolkan brought Baelish the scroll and Arya saw and heard them.
    Whether Maester Wolkan was in on it or not, all he has to do is cave to Sansa
    And then you can stick a fork in Littlefinger. Even if LF gets rid of Maester Wolkan,
    It will still seem awful suspicious and Arya will see right through that.
    Can't figure out why LF would say that with Maester Wolkan as a witness.
    LF is usually not that careless which makes me wonder if LF is one step ahead.

Your're right M~n~G, LF is a goner.
    I just hope we do not have to wait until Season 8 .

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Sooo i just received a PM on reddit, wich if true the season finale has just been ruined for me....
    Too bad cb, you've had some bad luck lately.
    Feel sorry for you man !

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-21-2017 at 04:31 PM.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Dizzy, you pulled the Ol' Yeller card !!!

Nice NA !!!
    Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”

It was pretty good.
    I can still see that dead bear charging at me like in 3D !!!

I don't know why Dany named him after her brother, never did.
    Her brother turned on her, now Viserion will too.

Thoros was a drunk, his liver was falling out. Coldhands was already half-dead.
    As far as Beric being more "reserved", I think not.
    Beric and Jon had that conversation about mortality shortly after Thoros died.
    Essentially they agreed to keep on keeping on,
    Defending those who cannot defend themselves.
    The basic Warrior's creed.
    Go out flaming !!!

Now if you're counting wights falling into the ice, yes there were a ton of deaths.
    I don't count wights because they are already dead.

The only character that "died" and affected the story line was Viserion.

Introducing the Band w/o Brothers early this season was a way for the writers to get the Hound back in the story line.
    Maybe Clegane, Jorah, Beric and Gendry(?) form some kind of new Band ?
    The writers evidently are listening to the fans, they brought back Gendry.
    Maybe they will have the Mountain/Hound "Cleganebowl" ?

Yes, M~n~G, that was surprising that LF said that.
    Maester Wolkan brought Baelish the scroll and Arya saw and heard them.
    Whether Maester Wolkan was in on it or not, all he has to do is cave to Sansa
    And then you can stick a fork in Littlefinger. Even if LF gets rid of Maester Wolkan,
    It will still seem awful suspicious and Arya will see right through that.
    Can't figure out why LF would say that with Maester Wolkan as a witness.
    LF is usually not that careless which makes me wonder if LF is one step ahead.

Your're right M~n~G, LF is a goner.
    I just hope we do not have to wait until Season 8 .

Too bad cb, you've had some bad luck lately.
    Feel sorry for you man !

At this point i am cursed...

At this point i am cursed...
    Don't buy any lottery tickets cb....

I'm sorry it got spoiled for you, although if there's any consolation a friend of mine thought the same thing happened to him last week and it turned out not to be true. I'm feeling a little better after a day, but still really disliked the direction the show has taken the last two episodes. Really hoping the finale makes up for it, but as for those comments about the writers listening to the fans--I think that spells trouble. The show is at the best when they're doing what they think is best for the plot and show, not when they're trying to appease certain fans.
    Administrator

Don't buy any lottery tickets cb....

Maybe i should lol with my luck so far i'd get the numbers early .... ::

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I'm sorry it got spoiled for you, although if there's any consolation a friend of mine thought the same thing happened to him last week and it turned out not to be true. I'm feeling a little better after a day, but still really disliked the direction the show has taken the last two episodes. Really hoping the finale makes up for it, but as for those comments about the writers listening to the fans--I think that spells trouble. The show is at the best when they're doing what they think is best for the plot and show, not when they're trying to appease certain fans.
    Yeh, it could, but it made sense so i dunno. I'll just try to forget it and i closed my reddit PM untill after i see the ep.

I also feel better, but like you im not loving the general direction the show has taken. I trust D&D to get the finale right however.

I think the thing with Jon is that - it's really always been his train of thought to make that sacrifice for his people. Like he tried to convince Mance to do. And since Mance didn't, Jon likely felt like he'd have to follow suit. But after the discussion with Tormund, it might have freed him up to do what he thinks is right - or best.... or least worst lol. Remember Tormund said something like - Mance Raider the King who didn't kneel. How many of his people died because he wasn't willing to kneel

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I'm not sure if she's faking the outrage or if she's sincere. It is Littlefinger's scheming that is causing it. I don't know if Sansa and Arya are just playing the "role" to get Littlefinger to reveal himself or if it's sincere. Arya was out of character before as well when the Waif was hunting her down, yet Arya was prancing around Braavos like a rich noblewoman with no care in the world.
    Arya and Sansa could be playing Littlefinger, at least that's my hope.
    And where is Bran during all this sibling rivalry ?
    Bran could sort it out in a jinute.
    So much doesn't make sense with these girls.
    Unless they are planning to do in LF.
    I have to believe that Sansa has zero confidence in LF.
    He was there when she was coerced to write that scroll.
    LF pushed her into that relationship with Ramsay.
    She has to hate LF.

Littlefinger has really pushed his chips to the middle of the table on this bluff. He out and out said with no equivocation - "I don't know" when asked how she got the raven message or where she got it from.

That could come back to bite him even if it also bites a Stark.
    When Sansa told Baelish that she was concerned with Ayra, he advised her that as long as Brienne was there Sansa shouldn't worry.
    Littlefinger told Sansa that Brienne is sworn to protect both of Catelyn's daughters and would intervene if Ayra posed a threat.
    So, naturally, Sansa orders Brienne to King's Landing.
    That said to me Sansa and Arya are setting a trap for Baelish.
    (I hope.)

~~~

The Hound threw a nice jaw breaker here:

~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    I think the future should be interesting. I wonder if Bran can warg into something undead?

If so Free, the dragon rider theory could still be possible....

The further we get into this show, the more difficult of a time I am having picking a favorite character. Used to be that Tyrion was the obvious choice. Now there's the hound, Tormund, Jorah and even odd as it is Jamie to compete for that top spot.

If so Free, the dragon rider theory could still be possible....

I think there is a good chance Viserion is technically "alive" so the undead status may not apply. The freezing water may be enough to keep Viserion in a barely alive type of state, and the Night King raised him not as a wight (as he does when people die), but as a white walker.

I think it would be a cool way for the three-eyed raven to have an impact in the series final moments.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

The further we get into this show, the more difficult of a time I am having picking a favorite character. Used to be that Tyrion was the obvious choice. Now there's the hound, Tormund, Jorah and even odd as it is Jamie to compete for that top spot.
    I try to stay away from pulling for characters. I was a huge Oberyn fan...that didn't end well. If I had to pick one though, it would be either Bronn, Jon, or Jaime. Arya is growing on me big time this season.

Can we recruit the Knight King to be our QB please? What an arm!

Here I am thinking it was one of the better episodes of the show and every's like "Man I hated it"

They have a freaking ice dragon now!
    I definitely enjoyed the episode including the major changes with the dragon.

The action was great.

But I do agree with people that a lot of things didn't seem to make sense.

Arya is beyond obnoxious but I've never been a fan of hers. So the show spends 6 seasons bringing the stark family back together and now they may not even be on the same side. I'm not even sure I'm pulling for any of them anymore except Jon.

And then I've mentioned a couple of weeks ago how the show doesn't have the galls to kill anyone big anymore. And they cop out on two big deaths twice this episode. Instead opting for people we barely know or haven't seen since the show began.

That said I still liked the episode like you though. It's entertaining this season for sure. But it doesn't seem like what we are used to.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 08-23-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I definitely enjoyed the episode including the major changes with the dragon.

The action was great.

But I do agree with people that a lot of things didn't seem to make sense.

Arya is beyond obnoxious but I've never been a fan of hers. So the show spends 6 seasons bringing the stark family back together and now they may not even be on the same side. I'm not even sure I'm pulling for any of them anymore except Jon.

And then I've mentioned a couple of weeks ago how the show doesn't have the galls to kill anyone big anymore. And they cop out on two big deaths twice this episode. Instead opting for people we barely know or haven't seen since the show began.

That said I still liked the episode like you though. It's entertaining this season for sure. But it doesn't seem like what we are used to.
    Yeah Blood, Ayra is "acting" weird but I think that the writers are playing games with us.

I'm not convinced that Arya is what she appears to be. I think she is letting LF think he is gaming her.

I rewatched Ep 6 and when Sansa went into Arya's quarters, the sound track deliberately amplified the door creaking as Sansa entered.

Then, as Sansa was browsing through Arya's faces, Arya appeared inside the room with the door closed, startLing Sansa. No door creaking there.

Arya was well trained in stealth techniques in Braavos, I think there would be no way LF could catch her unless she wanted him to. That coupled with the fact Sansa sent Brienne away tells me that the Stark girls are up to something.

I'm hoping Baelish gets his face removed this Sunday.

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-24-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: starting to startling. phone autocorrect :grrr:

Yeh...MEH is my initial reaction.

I watched it live but was spoiled about a week ago...

Just wasnt what i was expecting from all the hype...

Really don't understand why Jon would bend the knee when she was clearly on his side just from seeing the NK and his army
    "MEH"? This was your "Hardhome" episode, CB!

How many years has the world waited to see grown dragons finally take on the Army of the Dead? Seeing that and the Night King taking down Viserion then resurrecting him as his new wight steed was something to behold, even if it was set up in a sloppy manner. I was spoiled months ago, but I still enjoyed seeing most of it.
    Last edited by L.M.; 08-24-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I would love it if Arya and Sansa were somehow playing LF, but I just donít think thatís the case. GRRM has the luxury of using the subtlest of hints to foreshadow a later event, but because of the constraints and limitations of putting this on screen the show canít, and for the most part, hasnít done that. All it would take would be a quick look between the sisters when LF is present, or an ambiguous line Ė something relatively subtle to let us in on it, but we havenít had any of that. What we have as ďevidenceĒ for this theory isnít really evidence at all, but just ideas that make certain things fit to a desired end. The show has to be more direct with these kinds of things, IMO.

There are other reasons why I donít think this is whatís happening, but thatís the main one.

What we do have from this last episode is them highlighting a flat-out LF lie to Sansa about how Arya got that letter. We also have them bringing up Aryaís ability to detect lies with the whole Game of Faces thing. Thatís where this is headed. Sansa is already noticeably less trusting of LF as of late, and once Arya confirms that Sansa is being truthful and LF is lying then thatís the beginning of the end for LF. And, who knows what other lies will be uncovered in this process.

In the end, it wonít matter; Littlefinger is toast. Theyíre trying very hard to make us believe that theyíre be some sort of confrontation between Arya and Sansa, and maybe even trying to lead us to believe that one of them will off the other. (i.e. Aryaís threatening-like creepiness, Brienne the protector being sent away, etc.) The so-called twist to this will be Littlefingerís plan to pit sister against sister backfiring on him. Theyíll unite and bring LF down. I do wonder how it will happen though. Will Sansa be the one to actually kill LF, or will it be Arya, or maybe a combination? Will they do it publicly in front of all the lords of the North. Or, will it be done behind closed doors (possibly allowing Arya to wear Littlefingerís face in the future.) <-- thatís my wishful thinking

Some of the so-called problems with this season are to be expected. All the show runners have now is a basic outline of what will happen. No inner thought details from the books to go off of, no time-tested theories with lots of evidence, or tangents to take that will lead back to the main plot in some clever way. George gave them an outline (of stuff that nobody knows) and theyíre rolling with it. The result is less character development, some pacing irregularities, timing issues, and of course, less subtlety in the plot development.

All in all, Iím still very pleased with the show, and just like previous seasons, Iíve been thoroughly entertained. Theyíve done an incredible job with something that was written to be ďinadaptableĒ. The acting, special effects and cinematography have all continued to get better and better. I just canít wait to see how some of this is handled in the books.
    Winter is Coming!