Page 144 of 168 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

It's time to binge the whole series again....

1 Episode per weekday and you're all caught up just in time for the season. Looks like I have a routine till the season starts
    You've got to know when to sack em...

This was the ONLY good thing about that rotten Superbowl.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I was feeling the itch for some battle, so I rewatched the "Battle of the Bastards" Season 6, episode 9 last night. Man, that was SUCH an insane episode. Battle of Mareen Bay AND an absolutely AMAZING battle sequence, plus some gut wrenching moments. Probably my favorite of all the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I was feeling the itch for some battle, so I rewatched the "Battle of the Bastards" Season 6, episode 9 last night. Man, that was SUCH an insane episode. Battle of Mareen Bay AND an absolutely AMAZING battle sequence, plus some gut wrenching moments. Probably my favorite of all the episodes.
    I'm not a big fan of that battle. Jon lost control and led his forces to assured destruction but for the last minute Vale forces intervening, so that was kind of a hollow victory.

My favorite battles are s2e9 "Blackwater", s4e9"The Watchers on the Wall", s5e8 "Hardhome.", s7e4 "Spoils of War" and s7e6 "Beyond the Wall".

Hopefully the best is yet to come ...in 47 days, 5 hours and 34 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I'm not a big fan of that battle. Jon lost control and led his forces to assured destruction but for the last minute Vale forces intervening, so that was kind of a hollow victory.

My favorite battles are s2e9 "Blackwater", s4e9"The Watchers on the Wall", s5e8 "Hardhome.", s7e4 "Spoils of War" and s7e6 "Beyond the Wall".

Hopefully the best is yet to come ...in 47 days, 5 hours and 34 minutes.
    I thought it was well done. A lof of characters on this show meet their demise because of their traits (Ned and his honor). Jon was brave like he always is but grossly underestimated Ramsay who played him like a fiddle. I thought Sansa really grew up around here and she was right, there was no way they were ever getting Rickon back alive. I'm a little hazy as to why Baelish jumped in, was it to marry Sansa and secure his stranglehold on the North? I'm coming up on this in a rewatch. It's crazy how Baelish has fingerprints over damn near every major event in this show.

Damn near everything in this show is good (though the last season was definitely the weakest)

Just 5+ weeks!
    Last edited by Freestyle; 03-04-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    I thought it was well done. A lof of characters on this show meet their demise because of their traits (Ned and his honor). Jon was brave like he always is but grossly underestimated Ramsay who played him like a fiddle. I thought Sansa really grew up around here and she was right, there was no way they were ever getting Rickon back alive. I'm a little hazy as to why Baelish jumped in, was it to marry Sansa and secure his stranglehold on the North? I'm coming up on this in a rewatch. It's crazy how Baelish has fingerprints over damn near every major event in this show.

Damn near everything in this show is good (though the last season was definitely the weakest)

Just 5+ weeks!
    On the technical level, the BotB was well-made, very epic in scale, but my favorite part of the episode was the shorter Battle of Mereen Bay segment.

Yes Jon got played and part of that was not just Ramsay goading him, but Sansa not telling her brother about the Vale forces -after scolding him like a schoolboy in the war council. Those were not positives on her character development. Though she apologized for the secrecy afterwards she continued to argue with Jon about policy and decisions.

And yes, Littlefinger came because he saw an opportunity to win Sansa back for himself and seize the North in his climb to power.

I understand why they did what they did in the BotB battle-- it had to be a difficult win with a moment of extreme jeopardy and potential loss to make it more exciting. I was just disappointed that it was at Jon Snow's expense, as a rash and emotionally-out-of control character, more like his Season 1 teen self that almost deserted the Night's Watch to join Rob, not this seasoned (and wiser) veteran self who even died and was resurrected. And LF and the Knights of the Vale getting almost all the credit and laurels, a story antagonist and some forces we don't really care about. Contrast them with Theoden and the Rohirrim at the Pelennor fields -we care about all of them at that point in LOTR. Anyway, it was what it was -not my favorite.

40 days 17 hours 4 minutes.

Just released today!

Just released today!

Stoked!!!

10char
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

well i'm watching the entire series for a third time, i'm on season 3 getting ready for season 8!

I need more of The Hound.

Season 8 Episode Running Times:

April 14, 2019 EP1 54min
    April 21, 2019 EP2 58min
    April 28, 2019 EP3 1hr
    May 5, 2019 EP4 1hr 18min
    May 12, 2019 EP5 1hr 20min
    May 19, 2019 EP6 1hr 20min

410 minutes/6.83 hours total

Season 8 Episode Running Times:

April 14, 2019 EP1 54min
    April 21, 2019 EP2 58min
    April 28, 2019 EP3 1hr
    May 5, 2019 EP4 1hr 18min
    May 12, 2019 EP5 1hr 20min
    May 19, 2019 EP6 1hr 20min

410 minutes/6.83 hours total
    Excellent!

I still don't get the 6 episode thing. There's just not enough time to flesh everything out, Idt. Ever since they got caught up with the books, it's like they're just trying to slam everything together and get it over with. I know I'm complaining, but I think it's a legitimate gripe. I'm not one of those people who complained about medieval war tactics in BotB, because I get that there are shadow demons crawling out of people's rear ends and dragons flying around incinerating people. I get it. I'm just saying that, maybe paint with a broader brush and build a little suspense. It's only the main reason everyone has HBO right now. Spend a little extra money on the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I still don't get the 6 episode thing. There's just not enough time to flesh everything out, Idt. Ever since they got caught up with the books, it's like they're just trying to slam everything together and get it over with. I know I'm complaining, but I think it's a legitimate gripe. I'm not one of those people who complained about medieval war tactics in BotB, because I get that there are shadow demons crawling out of people's rear ends and dragons flying around incinerating people. I get it. I'm just saying that, maybe paint with a broader brush and build a little suspense. It's only the main reason everyone has HBO right now. Spend a little extra money on the damn thing.
    I believe GRRM said they could have done 10 full seasons, maybe upwards of 13. D&D was just done for some reason. If we had more books maybe it would have lasted longer. The pacing later on definitely sucks, it's like an RPG where people rush the main quest after exploring the side ones first.

6 episodes is short. It's gonna be done in a little over a month. I just hope HBO can keep their content secure this season because that kind of ruined it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    They have been spending more per episode as the seasons have progressed with the most on these final two seasons because of all of the post-production work, especially CGI intensive battles with dragons, etc. Remember, it took several years to make just one of the three-hour Lord of the Rings films and they are having to produce the same quality with less money and with less time to deliver a decent final product. This is why the final season was broken up into two seasons--there was going to be just seven seasons total at one point.

And Freestyle is right, if GRRM had finished the books, there might be more episodes, though it would still take a long time to complete them and we might be waiting until next year for the final season. The story would certainly be better so it's a shame GRRM couldn't hunker down and write it instead of touring the world and doing tons of side projects. D&D aren't that good of writers IMO, and the tone of their last interviews on this subject was of wanting to just get this overwith and move on.