Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143
Results 2,131 to 2,134 of 2134

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    Interesting tidbit here about a deleted scene from the finale where Sansa comes to Bran seeking his help in her conflict with Arya.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...bran-and-sansa

I'm guessing they probably cut that scene to both draw out the tension between Arya and Sansa and to increase the shock factor when Sansa actually accuses Littlefinger. But, this tells me that the sisters probably weren't playing LF the whole time (i.e. the conflict between them was "real" up until the 11th hour). I wasn't particularly fond of the whole thing, and regardless of the spoilers, you could tell where this was headed. I enjoyed the end result, and it was great to see that the Stark kids worked together (we actually didn't see them working together until after the fact) so the ultra-coy lead up left a bit to be desired imo. I suppose that without all the details the writers still have to find ways to surprise the audience, but even George telegraphs many of his surprises; you just have to be very attentive to catch them.

Also, this talk of the Jon/Dany/Tyrion thing reminds me of a Faulkner quote that GRRM loves and speaks of frequently.
    Good points. The other thing is that with only 6 episodes left, it would've been a pain in the rear to resolve any unresolved issues between Arya and Sansa in the final season. And I agree with you about why they deleted that scene. Would've killed some of the suspense. It did play out a lot like Arya and Sansa had predetermined the outcome, though.

Interesting tidbit here about a deleted scene from the finale where Sansa comes to Bran seeking his help in her conflict with Arya.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...bran-and-sansa

I'm guessing they probably cut that scene to both draw out the tension between Arya and Sansa and to increase the shock factor when Sansa actually accuses Littlefinger. But, this tells me that the sisters probably weren't playing LF the whole time (i.e. the conflict between them was "real" up until the 11th hour). I wasn't particularly fond of the whole thing, and regardless of the spoilers, you could tell where this was headed. I enjoyed the end result, and it was great to see that the Stark kids worked together (we actually didn't see them working together until after the fact) so the ultra-coy lead up left a bit to be desired imo. I suppose that without all the details the writers still have to find ways to surprise the audience, but even George telegraphs many of his surprises; you just have to be very attentive to catch them.

Well thanks M~n~G, this certainly changes my opinion that the Stark girls and Bran worked together to snare Baelish before the 11th hour.
    You blew my Stark girls playing LF theory out of the water.
    I'm glad Arya sliced him albeit too swiftly.
    I'm also glad that we won't have to see that weasel Baelish again.............Or will we ?
    Now that she's probably has LF's face in her bag, let's see who she can get close to now.

Also, this talk of the Jon/Dany/Tyrion thing reminds me of a Faulkner quote that GRRM loves and speaks of frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Faulkner
    The only thing worth writing about is the human heart in conflict with itself.

Because Jon is so moral and honest, he will struggle between his true heritage and his relationship with Dany.
    This, plus being the true heir to the Iron Throne will cause some bumps in their romance road.
    Dany has said recently that she can not bear children.
    After the first time I didn't think much but after the second time.....
    I said to myself, this seems odd that the writers would be so redundant.
    Jon's last reply, after asking Dany who has been telling her this, was something like "Maybe you're getting bad opinions".
    Yes, I'm predicting right now that Dany is already with child and the baby boy will be named AEGON !!!

Agree entirely with your assessment regarding the Faulkner quote M~n~G.
    The writers will have fun toying with us while wringing the hearts of Jon and Dany next season.
    Who knows what the final outcome will be ?
    This is GoT, should we expect a happy ending ?

By the way, House Targaryen has had many Aegons so what's a couple more ?

https://poly-m.deviantart.com/art/Ho...Tree-614284707
    Click link for blow up of Targ Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    The fact the forest people were with the Three Eyed Raven and the forest people created the White Walkers tells me there is some link between the Three Eyed Raven and the White Walkers yet to be revealed. I do not buy into a lot of the internet theories but I do buy into the show trying to tell us things long before it is actually revealed with small hints here and there.

One thing we have learned from the worg ability is the power does seem to have grown stronger and stronger in Bran. Who really knows the limits...if there are any...besides Bran learning what he can do.

In addition are the White Walkers really dead themselves? They were once human. Are they changed enough to be immune to the worg ability?

My opinion is if we look at it from a non-drama stand point the dead should win from here on easily. They should sack town after town and each town getting more and more wights....also gathering animals for the wight army. TNK has a dragon and probably the best weapon against other dragons in his arm.

Even before the Wall was melted I am not sure how the living would have won with what we know now. Since the Wall has been bypassed with no fight....the living are screwed. All TNK has to do is stay on his dragon far away from harm but close enough to keep him minions going and he will win.

My guess is things will turn for the worse even more for the living before it gets better.

Something needs to happen for the living....maybe Bran and his worg ability evolving again is part of the story.

Bran definitely will play a major role in Season 8.
    They may wait until the last Ep again lol but he is definitely a huge part of the story line.
    Bran is The Three-Eyed Crow !!!

You are absolutely correct about the NK and his Army of the Dead.
    I'm just hoping that next year this does not turn into a zombie apocalypse season.
    GRRM and George Romero were contemporaries
    GRRM has dabbled quite well in horror fiction.
    I love GRRM's Sci-Fi/Fantasy work.
    I'm not a huge fan of any horror fiction.
    Sorry all of you undead fans, I don't care for zombies. Never have.
    That wight may have frightened Cersei but I thought the bear was a lot scarier.

~~~
    Remember when Jorah was trying to convince Dany to fly ?
    Jon wanted her to take the land route.
    Jorah said something like " All it would take is one guy with a crossbow to see your silver hair".
    Then I thought Jorah would make a comment about Dany's purple eyes.
    I'm so glad the writers gave Dany blonde hair and blue eyes !!!

~~~
    Remember when Dany bought all the Unsullied for the price of a dragon ?

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-30-2017 at 06:24 PM.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

True but something went wrong with their implementation. They were trying to fool us all with Arya's aggression, but it wasn't believable.

I guess that's what makes George exceptional. Yes, he telegraphs, but he leaves clues that make sense. This Arya thing just really never had it's own legs. So yea - I agree. Not very well done.

Personally I can't help but lose some respect for the way they rushed this season. All their reasons just sound like excuses to me. See it through to the end. Not enough money? No way.......... I'd invest if I could
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I was wondering why Tyrion had that seriously concerned look when he knew Jon and Danaerys were getting busy. Is he fearful of losing his position, or does he think they will team up and kill his family, which he seemed to not want to happen? Hate to have to wait that long for answers.
    Tyrion is The Hand. He needs to know what's going on so he can be prepared to offer the best advice. He is already considering the ramifications of a Jon/Dany union. His wheels will really spin when he finds out about Jon's true ancestry.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus