Page 103 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2515

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Also i have my last 2 summer class exams on monday, and i wont watch the ep on sunday, because i have to study and well, iw ould be way to hyped up to sleep lol.

This SUUCKS haha
    I sympathise as I have to wait until at least Wednesday night to watch as I'm away for a few days.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

SPOILER WARNING (dunno if this is necc but here it is anyways)

Finally -

Loved the episode and I know that's just the understatement of the season. In my opinion they really did wait too long to let us have some of what we wanted, though.

I have to comment on the wonderful cinematic direction in this episode. It reminded me of 300 at times with the slo mo. There was a scene where the horses were charging at each other in slo mo and it was just a work of art for 3 seconds. There was another memorable scene before the battle where Davos picks up a figurine from the fire and he looks over the edge of a precipice with the wind blowing his cape back. Just pretty beautiful artwork.

As for Ramsey - Finally the tail wags the dog.

If anyone didn't already love Sansa, are you falling for her now? Wow she's really blossoming into a real player. Remember the sweet innocent little thing in season 1 who couldn't wait to meet the king? She's no child anymore.

Seriously though they could have given us Merrinne last week and the Bastards this week right? Well, whatever - they must have their reasons. Things are really starting to aim toward some sort of resolution finally though. After what 4 years?

Fun night to be a Game of Thrones fan

Screw the Rulers
    Screw the Boltons
    Screw the Waif

Shame Rickon didn't make it, but hey - at least it didn't cost Snow his life. And at the same time - he can always say he did all he could (even though it was pretty dumb)

Why do all the Giants die?

The one in the battle at the wall
    The one in this episode
    The one called Hodor.....

C'mon man, they aint wearing redshirts
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Not gonna lie i might have shed a tear or 2

God i hope it turns out good for the starks, cant wait to watch the episode

Beautiful. Thanks cb !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I sympathise as I have to wait until at least Wednesday night to watch as I'm away for a few days.
    Don't read anything in this thread until after you watch Wednesday night !!!
    Enjoy your holiday !

~~~

dizzolve: That figurine was made by Ser Davos and given to Shireen.
    She carried it with her when her father, Stannis, sacrificed her.
    That's why that was such a touching moment for Ser Davos.

~~~

LM had me thinking that Dany was going to rip Tyrion a new one and ban him.
    She played it very cool considering she returned to her house on fire.
    This shows us just how important Tyrion is to her and the entire story line.
    Also, Tyrion just happened to mention the stores of underground Wildfire.
    He even specifically mentioned the Sept. No coincidence there.

In the pre-battle plan scene, Jon and Ser Davos stressed how important it was to make Ramsay charge first.
    They tried to explain to Tormund what flanks were lol.

Great way to pass the time waiting for the battle at dawn.
    Cut back to Meereen and witness the Dany/Yara alignment.
    Very witty dialog.
    Yes LM, more women power building up !

The battle plan didn't work out well. Jon went nutz, exactly as Sansa warned about Ramsay's ways.
    We all knew the Knights of the Vale would come in at the last second, no surprise there but.....
    The filming was absolutely spectacular !!! The Vale crashing through the pikes and shields.
    The T-boning of cavalry, archers and swordsmen. Has to be one of the best battles ever filmed !

Back to Winterfell at last for some Starks ! Long time coming !!!
    Good for Jon not finishing Ramsay off.
    Sansa now has some closure evidenced by the twinkle in her eye and the small grin as she left.
    Sansa = More woman power for GOT !

Jon said Rickon was to be buried in the Winterfell crypt next to their father Eddard.
    Could the crypt provide the reveal for the R+L=J ?

We see in the preview the set up for next week and next season.
    Freys and Lannisters. Dany and Tyrion. Jon and Sansa.
    We also see briefly a shot of Bran.
    Wondered how he's been doing out there with Coldhands.

And, of course, Cersei's "trial".

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    LM had me thinking that Dany was going to rip Tyrion a new one and ban him.
    She played it very cool considering she returned to her house on fire.
    This shows us just how important Tyrion is to her and the entire story line.
    Yep I whiffed it on that one. And Tyrion banished doesnt support the endgame. If we had eight more seasons then exile might have been an option.

Also, Tyrion just happened to mention the stores of underground Wildfire.
    He even specifically mentioned the Sept. No coincidence there.
    It's pretty obvious what's being set up. Obvious to us Throniacs who read every spoiler and morsel we can get, not so much to the masses.
    Cut back to Meereen and witness the Dany/Yara alignment.
    Very witty dialog.
    Yes LM, more women power building up !
    Um yeah and competition for Daario! lol

We all knew the Knights of the Vale would come in at the last second, no surprise there but.....
    it was all predictable but well-executed. No Manderlys or Flints darnit and there was even a casting call for a fat Northern lord =Wyman Manderly! Ah well.

Back to Winterfell at last for some Starks ! Long time coming !!!
    I got a little emotional seeing Stark banners unfurled on the walls!
    Jon said Rickon was to be buried in the Winterfell crypt next to their father Eddard.
    Could the crypt provide the reveal for the R+L=J ?
    They've already been down there talking about it twice now, but who knows maybe third's a charm? But I think we really need Bran's vision of the ToJ, he has to return to Winterfell to tell Jon, and maybe Howland Reed needs to pop in for a confirmation call to get that validated.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post

If anyone didn't already love Sansa, are you falling for her now? Wow she's really blossoming into a real player. Remember the sweet innocent little thing in season 1 who couldn't wait to meet the king? She's no child anymore.
    Sophie's victory dance:

Seriously though they could have given us Merrinne last week and the Bastards this week right?
    That was alot more Mereen than they could have squeezed in last week by a good fifteen minutes. And I thought it was a kickass way to begin the episode with dragons burning ships and the Dothraki charging in! It was a good counterbalance to offset all the action in the North. Last season Hardhome was the big battle and that was only 25 minutes, much less than the North tonite but just as effective!

Game of Thrones Season 6: Inside the Episode #9 (HBO) :

That was intense.

Side note: I think the meeting between Theon and Varis will be very interesting.

Wow what an episode. That might be my favorite of all time. I had nonstop chills for an hour

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    That was intense.

Side note: I think the meeting between Theon and Varis will be very interesting.
    LOL

dats funny
    Red 98

The dragon attack on the slavers' fleet was awesome, but a little unnerving since I am monitoring a nearby forest fire at the present.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Although a little too predictable, last night was still incredible. What a great night of television between that and the NBA Finals. Loved every bit of it, even though I said going into the episode I'll be annoyed if they're losing the battle and then the Vale comes in to save the day last minute. They've done it every season and while I didn't want to see it, it did make for a much better battle scene and kept you a little more on edge about the outcome.

So for that, I don't totally mind it. Incredible season so far, can't wait for the finale!
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    Although a little too predictable, last night was still incredible. What a great night of television between that and the NBA Finals. Loved every bit of it, even though I said going into the episode I'll be annoyed if they're losing the battle and then the Vale comes in to save the day last minute. They've done it every season and while I didn't want to see it, it did make for a much better battle scene and kept you a little more on edge about the outcome.

So for that, I don't totally mind it. Incredible season so far, can't wait for the finale!
    Exactly what I said aloud to myself as well. And like you, I really did enjoy the ep.

I have to admit that I did get lost in the moment and forgot about Littlefinger during the shield compress maneuver. That was an interesting part of that battle. I can see not being able to breath because of bodies and soldiers on TOP of you, but just by being pushed inward...... maybe it's possible but the way they directed that part didn't really jive somehow. Nonetheless - I was so into the whole vibe of the moment that it didn't matter much - and because of that strange scenario, it allowed me to forget my prediction that LittleFinger might show up at the 11th hour.

Even though it was predictable, I had my doubts on whether or not Jon Snow would make it out of there yet again. Even he himself seemed resigned to the fact that 'this is it' and nodded his head as he drew his sword as the cavalry rushed his lone presence in the middle of the battlefield. A bit far fetched again - that he didn't get hit by any of those arrows OR mounted knights racing past him. But once the battle started, anything can happen and the fog of war is plenty reason for any one person to survive - and he did get lucky during that battle.

I still think the series could have given us more of this great stuff earlier in the season.
    Last edited by dizzolve; 06-20-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    Red 98

It's more the after ep that scares me. Knowing myslelf i would spend half the night on reddit and youtube rewatching scenes from the episode. My hype level would be threw the roof and i probably wouldn't sleep
    That's what I do with The Flash... I spend have the night in the post-thread on /r/flashtv talking about it for hours on end...

Thankfully I'm 4 seasons behind on GoT (Been watching an episode a night all week) so I won't catch up before the seasons over.

While I enjoyed the episode overall, especially the dragons attacking the fleet, there are a couple of things which bothered me.

I had hoped that the Stark/wildling army would have conducted their battle more intelligently and incurred losses on the Boltons with a few surprises. It looked as though they may have had a somewhat intelligent battleplan in place initially, but Jon ruined it. I understand that he was upset about Rickon and sometimes people are irrational when they are upset, but what he did by charging ahead by himself was just plain stupid and suicidal! Add to that he seems to be another Superstark like Arya -how many volleys of arrows missed him? Without the save by the Vale knights, the Stark forces would have been utterly annihilated and slaughtered by this stupid mistake, with complete victory to Ramsay, the "superior battle commander" and that irks me! Sure Jon got to pound on Ramsay, and Sansa fed him to his own hounds (fitting), but the victory feels a little tainted. I wish Jon and his forces had been written/portrayed differently, still overwhelmed by superior numbers -fine, but smarter and stronger in their own right, not rendered as helpless, encircled meat for the butchers. I would have also felt a little bit better about the save if the dang Manderlys and maybe the eastern Flints had contributed to this so as to add some more support from Northern houses to the Stark cause and diminish Littlefinger's credit a tad.

Hopefully once the Starks consolidate their power in the North once again, they will muster together better forces that don't need to be friggin' "saved".
    Last edited by L.M.; 06-21-2016 at 10:12 AM.