Page 108 of 168 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

I'm a HUGE Wimbledon fan but glad I sacrificed the first hour of play to watch the finale!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

the only part i am confused about was what was margaery's plan?

she told her brother in prison not to confess and to stay strong. she did the same and then all of a sudden became religious and did a 180. but then she gave her grandma the flower note which meant she had a plan. just seemed odd that she went on the side of the priest

Quote Originally Posted by JT24Champ View Post
    the only part i am confused about was what was margaery's plan?

she told her brother in prison not to confess and to stay strong. she did the same and then all of a sudden became religious and did a 180. but then she gave her grandma the flower note which meant she had a plan. just seemed odd that she went on the side of the priest
    She was faking it.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    They did a great job getting a ton of material in the short time.... Great episode, but I was looking for the Hound or White Walkers. Overall no complaints, Cersie was her usually intelligent self, and now she will face her little brother who is more intelligent. Arya has a name, but the skills of the nameless lol. Now I have literally nothing to watch!!!
    Cersei is not truly intelligent. As she admitted, she does things because they "feel good", not because she's rationally evaluated the consequences. Her remaining child is dead because of her. House Tyrell is dead set on her destruction, as are the Dornes. Even Jamie is hardly pleased with her. I'd describe her as conniving.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    Cersei is not truly intelligent. As she admitted, she does things because they "feel good", not because she's rationally evaluated the consequences. Her remaining child is dead because of her. House Tyrell is dead set on her destruction, as are the Dornes. Even Jamie is hardly pleased with her. I'd describe her as conniving.
    After being controlled for so long by the 7 and the disciples & seeing how she pretty much eliminated all of her major enemies in Kings Landing for the time being I consider her witty. She's been a step ahead most of the time in this series imo. She doesn't need to worry about Dorne or the Tyrells, only the dragon lady. Cersie knows her fate, sge knew she'd lose her children & she knows Dany is coming. She knows she'll die by the hands of her little brother. Whether that's Jamie or Tyrion, she knows her fate.

I'll be honest, I like all the plots, but the North is clearly far above all the others. I am a little nervous about how closely it echoed Ron's scene (we saw how that played out).

Also Lady Mormont is the future

What a great season. And a great season finale. Can the new season be here already?

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    After being controlled for so long by the 7 and the disciples & seeing how she pretty much eliminated all of her major enemies in Kings Landing for the time being I consider her witty. She's been a step ahead most of the time in this series imo. She doesn't need to worry about Dorne or the Tyrells, only the dragon lady. Cersie knows her fate, sge knew she'd lose her children & she knows Dany is coming. She knows she'll die by the hands of her little brother. Whether that's Jamie or Tyrion, she knows her fate.
    It was Cersei who caused the problem with the HS in the first place, by making short sighted deals with the Church and caring more about personal loyalty to her than competence. Thinking solely in terms of bloodthirsty short sighted vengeance is not the characteristic of anything resembling a competent ruler.

She definitely isn't dumb. Her ire is just so powerful it gets in her way ....... and everyone else's
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

She was faking it.
    so what was her plan? it was obvious she was faking it when she gave her grandma the rose. but why fake it without a plan when she told her brother not to break and confess and she wouldnt either. She then went and confessed.

i dont get her plan at all.

Maybe her plan was just to get the hell out of that dungeon first. Then implement being herself again.

But Death came first
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by JT24Champ View Post
    so what was her plan? it was obvious she was faking it when she gave her grandma the rose. but why fake it without a plan when she told her brother not to break and confess and she wouldnt either. She then went and confessed.

i dont get her plan at all.
    We don't know her plan (which was likely a long con), because Cersei acted too quickly for her to carry it out. But what was her alternative? Not confess and be tortured? How would that have been better for her?

It was Cersei who caused the problem with the HS in the first place, by making short sighted deals with the Church and caring more about personal loyalty to her than competence. Thinking solely in terms of bloodthirsty short sighted vengeance is not the characteristic of anything resembling a competent ruler.
    She let her own arrogance get in the way at times, but she's been playing people like a fiddle since the series started. The proof is in the film man. Don't get me wrong cause I'm no Cersie fan, but she is one step ahead of most.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

We don't know her plan (which was likely a long con), because Cersei acted too quickly for her to carry it out. But what was her alternative? Not confess and be tortured? How would that have been better for her?
    I think her ultimate plan was to get rid of Cersie and run the show, I think that was her plan all along, no matter who the king.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.