Page 115 of 168 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    They'll drag it out as long as they can, but they don't have many episodes left to drag it out lol. With as little of time the show has left they are going to be all over the place imo.
    I know there was A LOT of fan theory that I'd read discussing that links to his lineage are in/around the crypt of Lyanna Stark, proving that he's both a Stark and a Targaryen

They'll drag it out as long as they can, but they don't have many episodes left to drag it out lol. With as little of time the show has left they are going to be all over the place imo.
    They could drag it out over the course of this upcoming season with little Bran timetravel snippets and the reveal in the season finale.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Yeah there is definitely a whole lot of detail that probably needs to go into the unveiling. No idea how they will present that. Not to mention who will emerge as the hero of Westeros, will there be a sad twist, and George RR Martin trying to be unpredictable, it almost seems like 14 episodes (?) isn't enough.
    Martin said the ending will be bittersweet. To me that means we lose the rest of the Stark family (except Jon, they already killed him once, so he'll live) and all of the direwolves, and maybe Dany if she goes fully despotic like her dad. But who knows if D&D will stick to Martin's plot resolution or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I know there was A LOT of fan theory that I'd read discussing that links to his lineage are in/around the crypt of Lyanna Stark, proving that he's both a Stark and a Targaryen
    Like what, a note inscribed on the lid?

"Hi Jon! Guess what man -you are actually the son of my sister and Prince Rhaegar! That's right, you're actually Bill Targaryen! Hope you get this! Yours, Uncle Ned"

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Like what, a note inscribed on the lid?

"Hi Jon! Guess what man -you are actually the son of my sister and Prince Rhaegar! That's right, you're actually Bill Targaryen! Hope you get this! Yours, Uncle Ned"
    There are a ton of theories out there, ranging form him finding his own (future prepared tomb) to opening Lyanna's

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainme...heory-41389937

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016/...odor-spoilers/

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...ing_secret_in/

Plenty to get lost in. Everything from a cloak and harp contained in Lyanna's tomb, to Jon finding his own tomb with this:

How would he know his lineage just from visiting the crypt? The only way he's going to find out is when Bran shows up and tells him, and Bran has yet to go back to Jon's birth scene to get the whispered words, and then he'll probably need to go to the tourney at Harrenhal, the subsequent elopement of Rahaegar and Lyanna, and Jon's conception. I bet they'll drag this out.
    Maybe he went to the crypts after Bran tells him so he can finally have a mom even if its just a tomb.

Also i am sure bran figured it out already. He knows Rheagar took liana, saw her give birth, saw the baby, heard lyana make Ned promise her something because roberts would try to kill the baby...Its pretty clear this baby is Jon

And like others have said there are a bunch of thoerie about the crypt, maybe Ned had Jon's tomb pre made with his mother's name on it ?!

I do think Bran will go back to see some more, but i think he figured it out already, look at the scene again you see a sense of realisation on his face..

How would he know his lineage just from visiting the crypt? The only way he's going to find out is when Bran shows up and tells him, and Bran has yet to go back to Jon's birth scene to get the whispered words, and then he'll probably need to go to the tourney at Harrenhal, the subsequent elopement of Rahaegar and Lyanna, and Jon's conception. I bet they'll drag this out.
    They could drag it out over the course of this upcoming season with little Bran timetravel snippets and the reveal in the season finale.
    Martin said the ending will be bittersweet. To me that means we lose the rest of the Stark family (except Jon, they already killed him once, so he'll live) and all of the direwolves, and maybe Dany if she goes fully despotic like her dad. But who knows if D&D will stick to Martin's plot resolution or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    That is definitely in Dragonstone !

I have a theory on Jon, even tho this was probably just filmed as a promo, i bet Jon is coming from the crypt after visiting Ned and Lyana's grave and finaly understanding his rightful place in the world. He DOES have stark blood AND targ, and he is on a mission !
    I agree cb, Jon is coming out of the crypt and entering the great hall at Winterfell.
    Looks like someone put all the tables back in place.
    As of right now, that youtube has 13330k hits. Wow !

You're right ELWAY421, not much time and so much intertwined.
    A lot to untwist !!!

My theory is that the next season will deal will all the potential alliances and a lot of warfare.
    Yara and Theon are with Dany.
    Euron will naturally side with Cersei.

What will happen to Jaime and Cersei's thing ?
    Will Jaime go rogue ?

Dorne and the Sand Snakes with Dany ?

I'm sure the producers didn't waist our time introducing Sam's dad Randyll Tarly.
    Will his ally's Houses side with Cersei ?

The Tyrells and their allies, we think Varys has them lined up for Dany.

Up North, I think we see the Starks pitted against Littlefinger and friends.
    We know Melisandre swore allegiance to John. She says Jon's the one.
    Brienne fulfilled her promise to Lady Stark. Will her loyalty remain with the Starks ?

Meanwhile the wall is crumbling and you know who is on the other side.

Then there are the unknown factors and what impact will they have in the storyline.
    Ayra will be a player for sure and should reunite with Jon and Sansa eventually.
    Forget about Gendry, I hope.
    It appears that Jaqen H'ghar helped Ayra all along. Will he continue to do so ?.

What about that new priestess that popped up in Meereen ? She says Dany's the one.
    Could Tyrion be the Mad King's son ?
    Could Aegon emerge ?

Will Benjen Coldhands be back ?
    The Children of the Forrest ?

The key player is, of course, Bran. What powers will he develop ?
    I agree with LM, through Bran, Jon will discover his lineage.

Next season will be Dany versus Cersei at first. Gotta be Cersei's last season, I hope.
    The Khaleesi takes King's Landing and sets her sights on the Starks who now control the North.
    Bran re-unites with Jon, Sansa and Ayra toward the end of this season.

Jon and Dany realize they're besties and join forces to take on the White Walkers.
    That will be the last season;
    Fire and Ice to the MAX !!!

(Samwell, currently mentored by the Grand Maester;
    Could Sam be a major player in the final season ?
    That's the only logical reason the writers tortured us these years lol.)

Ok, LM. Rip me apart !

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 04-04-2017 at 08:56 PM.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

I'm a little curious if Jon and Dany will end up getting married (following that incestual Targaryen tradition). However, she is supposedly barren now. So, it probably wouldn't make a ton of sense based on not being able to birth an heir.

Also, there are some fan theories that an ice dragon is sleeping in the crypts below Winterfell. I haven't read the books, so I'm out of the loop in regard to a lot of these fan theories. I cannot wait for the new season. AAAAH!

There are a ton of theories out there, ranging form him finding his own (future prepared tomb) to opening Lyanna's

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainme...heory-41389937

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016/...odor-spoilers/

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...ing_secret_in/

Plenty to get lost in. Everything from a cloak and harp contained in Lyanna's tomb, to Jon finding his own tomb with this:

The 2nd link isn't really about this, it's all about the possibility that the Great Other (a White Walker lord) was anciently imprisoned beneath Winterfell? Interesting theory but I don't think the producers are going to go that way -the horned Night King seems to be established as the chief baddie.

As for the others... I like the idea of Rhaegar's harp hidden in her crypt or within the statue or beneath the statue, which seems to be unique --being the only statue for a female Stark down there. I can see Jon's investigation as being more the effect of finding confirming evidence AFTER getting the story from Bran... though alternatively he could have his own weird dreams that lead him down there, he finds some evidence, but doesn't really understand it until Bran shows up and tells him.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Maybe he went to the crypts after Bran tells him so he can finally have a mom even if its just a tomb.

Also i am sure bran figured it out already. He knows Rheagar took liana, saw her give birth, saw the baby, heard lyana make Ned promise her something because roberts would try to kill the baby...Its pretty clear this baby is Jon

And like others have said there are a bunch of thoerie about the crypt, maybe Ned had Jon's tomb pre made with his mother's name on it ?!

I do think Bran will go back to see some more, but i think he figured it out already, look at the scene again you see a sense of realisation on his face..
    Yeah he may be connecting some of the dots, but I don't think he knows for sure, or much about the father or how this really happened, so yeah I think we may see the grand tournament at Harrenhal, their secret marriage, and maybe Rhaegar's death at Robert's hands in the Battle of the Trident which would be soooo cool!!!

As for the crypts, I'm skeptical of the theory about Jon's tomb with his true lineage carved on it. That would be extremely dangerous to make! King Robert went down there ya know! Except maybe as part of dream that Jon has...

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    What will happen to Jaime and Cersei's thing ?
    Will Jaime go rogue ?
    Warning, my thoughts are potentially spoilerish! Don't read further if you don't want to know.

Jaime will not leave Cersei and he will watch with increasing alarm as she spirals down into new depths of cruelty and madness now that all her children are gone! I'll bet that Jaime is the sibling foretold to end her life --the Valonqar? It will be a tragic reenactment of his killing of the Mad King Aerys and for the same reason! Hence all the flashbacks and visions about that last season! Cersei will choose to burn King's Landing by detonating the rest of the secret wildfire caches rather than surrender and be taken alive, and even though Jaime is warped by his incestuous passion, he is still basically a good person who will not allow an innocent population to be so spitefully murdered! So he will become the "Queenslayer" (per force of his conscience), and then kill himself afterwards.

I would bet money that this is how it plays out. It's too perfectly tragic and poetic to resist.

Dorne and the Sand Snakes with Dany ?
    With Dany feeding the Sand Snakes to her dragons after they begin to annoy her? Or maybe they're a secret weapon who will slay all before them using their awful lines!

I'm sure the producers didn't waist our time introducing Sam's dad Randyll Tarly.
    Will his ally's Houses side with Cersei ?

The Tyrells and their allies, we think Varys has them lined up for Dany.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. The Tarlys are loyal bannermen of House Tyrell, in the Southern Reach by the border of Dorne and their fief would be a small, besieged "island" isolated from any support from the Crownlands and Westerlands if they allied with Cersei by themselves. They would need to convince a lot of other bannermen to break their ancient loyalties to House Tyrell and join them in a grand rebellion for such an alliance to work out favorably --is this what you are suggesting? That seems unlikely. On the other hand though... House Tyrell is all but extinct (unless Margaery and Loras have cousins with a legitimate claim to lordship once Lady Olenna passes) so maybe this could spark a civil war for control of the Reach...

I see Randyl more as a personal antagonist in the Sam storyline though rather than a major player in the political drama, but who knows.

Up North, I think we see the Starks pitted against Littlefinger and friends.
    Part of Littlefinger's strategy is to let others smash each other to bits and then he will swoop in and take theThrone when the other players' armies are decimated. This line of thinking was revealed when he wished to seize the North after Stannis and the Boltons fought. However, the North is now fully rallied under Jon, and suddenly turning the Vale forces on them doesn't really serve Littlefinger's ultimate aims, IMO. Also his control of the Vale army is dependent upon his manipulation of Robin who he just convinced to help Sansa, but now he would have to convince him to turn against her? I don't know about that!
    We know Melisandre swore allegiance to John. She says Jon's the one.

Ayra will be a player for sure and should reunite with Jon and Sansa eventually.
    Forget about Gendry, I hope.
    It appears that Jaqen H'ghar helped Ayra all along. Will he continue to do so ?.
    Mel is banished though and on her way south where she will probably bump into Thoros and co. She foretold that she would meet Arya again who may still wish to kill her for taking Gendry away. Mel was on Arya's old death list -is she still marked for revenge? Perhaps after Arya finds Gendry free of her clutches and living in Fleabottom she won't care about killing Mel anymore. I'm curious to see how that plays out.

As for Jaqen, I don't know, he's a weird character with weird motives. Perhaps at the conclusion of Arya's revenge agenda he will suddenly show up and claim her for the Faceless God.

Brienne fulfilled her promise to Lady Stark. Will her loyalty remain with the Starks ?
    I think so, as Sansa's faithful protector? I don't see her becoming a knight under Cersei, but who knows --she could serve as an interesting complication in the King's Landing court, and then Cersei gets jealous and has her murdered which contributes toward Jaime's inevitable betrayal?
    I also wonder if there will ever be a rematch between Brienne and the Hound, or is he slated to fight his Frankenbrother next? People seem to want that a lot!

Then there are the unknown factors and what impact will they have in the storyline.

What about that new priestess that popped up in Meereen ? She says Dany's the one.
    Could Tyrion be the Mad King's son ?
    Could Aegon emerge ?

Will Benjen Coldhands be back ?
    The Children of the Forrest ?
    1. She's hot, I do hope we see her again. Did she join the expeditionary force? Or will she be part of the Jorah storyline in Essos?
    2. I don't like that theory.
    3. I think they're leaving him out of the show from what I gather...
    4. Maybe, when the final battle against the Walkers happens, or when the Wall goes down.
    5. Are there any left? I thought the last of them perished when the Walkers took the Three-eyed Raven's lair?

I'm curious about Jorah. I like the idea of his returning to Qarth to see the mysterious Quaithe for advice on a cure, and then back to Valyria to find that whereupon he accidentally stumbles upon an ancient armory hidden in the ruins-- and chalk full of (badly needed) Valyrian Steel weapons!!!

The key player is, of course, Bran. What powers will he develop ?
    I agree with LM, through Bran, Jon will discover his lineage.

Next season will be Dany versus Cersei at first. Gotta be Cersei's last season, I hope.
    The Khaleesi takes King's Landing and sets her sights on the Starks who now control the North.
    Bran re-unites with Jon, Sansa and Ayra toward the end of this season.

Jon and Dany realize they're besties and join forces to take on the White Walkers.
    That will be the last season;
    Fire and Ice to the MAX !!!

(Samwell, currently mentored by the Grand Maester;
    Could Sam be a major player in the final season ?
    That's the only logical reason the writers tortured us these years lol.)

Ok, LM. Rip me apart !

Last edited by L.M.; 04-07-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Yeah he may be connecting some of the dots, but I don't think he knows for sure, or much about the father or how this really happened, so yeah I think we may see the grand tournament at Harrenhal, their secret marriage, and maybe Rhaegar's death at Robert's hands in the Battle of the Trident which would be soooo cool!!!

As for the crypts, I'm skeptical of the theory about Jon's tomb with his true lineage carved on it. That would be extremely dangerous to make! King Robert went down there ya know! Except maybe as part of dream that Jon has...
    The crypt theory revolves around him getting to a blockage (maybe to look like a cave-in) in the tombs. Jon sees it and considers turning back, but there is a voice that is coaxing him to continue (whether this is Bran tapping in, or just his internal conscience). So, he begins to clear the passage to find his and his brother's and sister's tombs.

The idea is that the blockage was created to protect the secret

The crypt theory revolves around him getting to a blockage (maybe to look like a cave-in) in the tombs. Jon sees it and considers turning back, but there is a voice that is coaxing him to continue (whether this is Bran tapping in, or just his internal conscience). So, he begins to clear the passage to find his and his brother's and sister's tombs.

The idea is that the blockage was created to protect the secret
    Yeah I read that when I read through all your links, I just forgot that detail when I replied to CB.

So if these tombs are blocked off and they are to be used later when the kids die, who's left alive that knows that they're even there? When was Ned ever going to show his kids that they too have tombs? Especially when he isn't going to outlive them? Such a plan requires Ned to remain alive deep into old age, which is unrealistic in such a dangerous world.

Regardless of how that could work out, I don't really care for this theory one bit and I really hope they don't do it, because what then is the point of Bran's visions about this stuff if Jon will learn the truth some other way? There's an immense anticipation behind every reunion between the long-sundered Stark family members, but the suspense of Bran's meeting up with Jon to reveal such a monumental truth ramps that anticipation up to incredible levels and that would be utterly destroyed by this tomb-tells-all theory. SMH Why would the producers choose to do away with or diminish a device more gripping?
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-07-2017 at 09:01 AM.

I'm curious about Jorah also.
    Meant to include him.
    I like your theory about Jorah finding a cache of Valyrian weapons.
    That would work in well as we head into the final 2 seasons.
    ~~~
    I doubt the writers will make the plot lines anymore complicated than they already are.
    Instead, I see them trimming the fat, so to speak.
    Unraveling and unwinding all the twisted intertwined story lines and so little time.
    The writers will want to shed a lot of dead weight.
    There will be a lot of eliminations this season to focus on the main protagonists for the final season.
    ~~~
    It was a toss up for me between Jaime and Tyrion fulfilling Mag's prophecy.
    However, after reading your take, I'm definitely leaning toward Jaime.
    Good one LM !
    ~~
    We're still going to need 3 dragon riders.
    Will Bran warg one of them ?
    Jon and Dany will be the other 2 ?