Page 142 of 168 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Finale was alright. More of a big setup future episodes. The North loses Viserion, but gains Jamie Lannister. I wonder what role he'll play with one good hand.

Petyr's mind games with Arya only went so far since she had an all knowing brother . You don't really need to read people when that is on your side.

Not sure why Tyrion was at the bottom of the stairs outside of Daenerys' room. It may be something that wasn't shown between him and Cersei.

Yeah he definitely looks undead. Just not sure if that status would stop a warg from happening or not. He was also touched by the night king rather than raised, but who knows. Viserion could also be taken down by brute force. One of the other dragons, or Jon Snow, or Bran or something. Just as long as it has dramatic effect and the story is good.

We're back at square one when it comes to content. Hopefully HBO controls it better. It was nice to sit down Sunday night and watch it spoiler-free this weekend.
    a dragonglass arrowhead
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It looked like hurt jealousy. Maybe he was starting to fall in love with her as well.
    Isn't he still married to Sansa?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Isn't he still married to Sansa?
    Since it wasn't consummated I don't think it's still legally valid or binding. This enabled her to marry Ramsay Bolton later.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I think with Tyrion it was a combination of things.

I think he was jealous and hurt because let's face it. Who wouldn't be after months/years with her?

Two I also think he felt he was starting to have power of persuasion or manipulation over the most powerful woman in the world. And now he probably fears he is going to lose that the more Jon gets involved with her emotionally. He may fear this will be the end of Danesrys having so much power.
    He was jealous and hurt.
    He's been looking at Dany and Jon with a frown for a while now.
    Tyrion knew it was inevitable.
    I thought his persistent lingering at the bottom of the stairwell was a little pervy.

Tyrion has been celibate for a long time considering his carnal history.

He'll have to get over it.
    He will still be Dany's Hand.

I don't think the Dany/Jon thing will be a big deal to Dany. Despite being Jon's aunty, the Targs have quite a history of that type of thing.

Jon's morality may impact the relationship.

Then there's the political issue.
    Since Jon is legitimately the true heir to the Iron Throne, how will Dany handle that news ?

Jon has hooked up with Dany, he wouldn't want to give that up ever !
    Who in their right mind would ?

Jon doesn't even care about being king.
    He could abdicate the Throne to Dany.
    Who knows ?
    We'll see how the very last Season 8 goes.
    ~~~

Season 7 was the penultimate season.
    So sad.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

I'm not sure what to think about Tyrion yet. In past scenes with Dany it's evident that he cares about her, sure, but I haven't seen any evidence in the body language or the lines he's spoken that this caring is any sort of secret, romantic longing for her.

The Game of Thrones: Cast Commentary on A Union of Fire and Ice (HBO) briefly interviews Kit, Emilia, Isaac (Bran), and Peter Dinklage on this union and Peter says (of his character, Tyrion) that he knows it's "dangerous", "not good" and doomed, and this concern may be all we are really seeing there.

Last edited by L.M.; 08-28-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

D&D also underline how utterly complicated this union is now in the Inside The Episode feature:

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

A very satisfying episode, including Jon Snow's bottom!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Really enjoyed this weeks episode. I had a hunch the dragon would melt the wall. I also thought that Arya would cut off LF face, so didn't really see the Arya/Sansa thing playing out like that (but glad it did!).

Interested to see how the Jon/Dany thing plays out.
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I think with Tyrion it was a combination of things.

I think he was jealous and hurt because let's face it. Who wouldn't be after months/years with her?

Two I also think he felt he was starting to have power of persuasion or manipulation over the most powerful woman in the world. And now he probably fears he is going to lose that the more Jon gets involved with her emotionally. He may fear this will be the end of Danesrys having so much power.
    I think it goes back to his conversation about establishing a line of heirs. He wanted it to be something everyone agreed on....now it is on a path of emotion and birth which I do not think he wanted.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    Really enjoyed this weeks episode. I had a hunch the dragon would melt the wall. I also thought that Arya would cut off LF face, so didn't really see the Arya/Sansa thing playing out like that (but glad it did!).

Interested to see how the Jon/Dany thing plays out.
    I was kinda worried about Sansa but was sure Arya had her family's back. IMO that is what the dagger scene was all about in the prior episode....Arya showing she was loyal in her odd and unique way.

Really loved how the three Stark kids worked together using their skills learned since season 1 to bring about a public trial and execution of the man who held his knife to their fathers throat and telling Ned he should not have trusted him.

When Arya looked at Sansa and asked if Sansa was sure she wanted to proceed I got so excited I could not hold it in. That moment of the Stark kids coming together using skills they had learned on their long hard roads was one of the best moments of the season for me. All three of them are "damaged" from their journey but ultimately they are family and will stick together.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I'm pretty sure a warg target has to be living in the normal sense of the word. The mystical undead state is generated by the Night King's magic and puts all creatures in this state under the control of the White Walkers. The enchantment North of the Wall (or within a certain radius of the Night King more likely) raises all corpses into the Army of the Dead if they aren't burned by nightfall. As demonstrated at Hardhome, the Night King has a "manual override" on this enchantment and can make wights "on demand". He most certainly raised Viserion to be his wight steed this way; wights and White Walkers have the signature blue eyes.

I think they may fashion bolts tipped with dragonglass for the scorpion ballistas as a means for bringing Viserion down. Then finish him on the ground with Longclaw or Heartsbane.
    The fact the forest people were with the Three Eyed Raven and the forest people created the White Walkers tells me there is some link between the Three Eyed Raven and the White Walkers yet to be revealed. I do not buy into a lot of the internet theories but I do buy into the show trying to tell us things long before it is actually revealed with small hints here and there.

One thing we have learned from the worg ability is the power does seem to have grown stronger and stronger in Bran. Who really knows the limits...if there are any...besides Bran learning what he can do.

In addition are the White Walkers really dead themselves? They were once human. Are they changed enough to be immune to the worg ability?

My opinion is if we look at it from a non-drama stand point the dead should win from here on easily. They should sack town after town and each town getting more and more wights....also gathering animals for the wight army. TNK has a dragon and probably the best weapon against other dragons in his arm.

Even before the Wall was melted I am not sure how the living would have won with what we know now. Since the Wall has been bypassed with no fight....the living are screwed. All TNK has to do is stay on his dragon far away from harm but close enough to keep him minions going and he will win.

My guess is things will turn for the worse even more for the living before it gets better.

Something needs to happen for the living....maybe Bran and his worg ability evolving again is part of the story.

Interesting tidbit here about a deleted scene from the finale where Sansa comes to Bran seeking his help in her conflict with Arya.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...bran-and-sansa

"There was a scene that we ended up getting rid of, Iím not sure why, where Sansa came to Branís chambers and said 'I need your help,'" Hempstead-Wright told IGN. "The way I understand it, Bran didn't know what was going on." According to the actor, Bran stayed out of the conflict between the two Stark girls until Sansa approached him about the situation. "It was a battle between Sansa and Arya really, and it wasn't any of Bran's business until Sansa thought 'why don't I fact check this with the best fact checker in the universe' and Bran was like 'Littlefinger did this and this and this,'" he explained.
    I'm guessing they probably cut that scene to both draw out the tension between Arya and Sansa and to increase the shock factor when Sansa actually accuses Littlefinger. But, this tells me that the sisters probably weren't playing LF the whole time (i.e. the conflict between them was "real" up until the 11th hour). I wasn't particularly fond of the whole thing, and regardless of the spoilers, you could tell where this was headed. I enjoyed the end result, and it was great to see that the Stark kids worked together (we actually didn't see them working together until after the fact) so the ultra-coy lead up left a bit to be desired imo. I suppose that without all the details the writers still have to find ways to surprise the audience, but even George telegraphs many of his surprises; you just have to be very attentive to catch them.

Also, this talk of the Jon/Dany/Tyrion thing reminds me of a Faulkner quote that GRRM loves and speaks of frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by William Faulkner
    The only thing worth writing about is the human heart in conflict with itself.
    Winter is Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    Interesting tidbit here about a deleted scene from the finale where Sansa comes to Bran seeking his help in her conflict with Arya.

I'm guessing they probably cut that scene to both draw out the tension between Arya and Sansa and to increase the shock factor when Sansa actually accuses Littlefinger. But, this tells me that the sisters probably weren't playing LF the whole time (i.e. the conflict between them was "real" up until the 11th hour). I wasn't particularly fond of the whole thing, and regardless of the spoilers, you could tell where this was headed. I enjoyed the end result, and it was great to see that the Stark kids worked together (we actually didn't see them working together until after the fact) so the ultra-coy lead up left a bit to be desired imo. I suppose that without all the details the writers still have to find ways to surprise the audience, but even George telegraphs many of his surprises; you just have to be very attentive to catch them.

Also, this talk of the Jon/Dany/Tyrion thing reminds me of a Faulkner quote that GRRM loves and speaks of frequently.
    Good points. The other thing is that with only 6 episodes left, it would've been a pain in the rear to resolve any unresolved issues between Arya and Sansa in the final season. And I agree with you about why they deleted that scene. Would've killed some of the suspense. It did play out a lot like Arya and Sansa had predetermined the outcome, though.

Well thanks M~n~G, this certainly changes my opinion that the Stark girls and Bran worked together to snare Baelish before the 11th hour.
    You blew my Stark girls playing LF theory out of the water.
    I'm glad Arya sliced him albeit too swiftly.
    I'm also glad that we won't have to see that weasel Baelish again.............Or will we ?
    Now that she's probably has LF's face in her bag, let's see who she can get close to now.

Quote Originally Posted by William Faulkner
    The only thing worth writing about is the human heart in conflict with itself.

Because Jon is so moral and honest, he will struggle between his true heritage and his relationship with Dany.
    This, plus being the true heir to the Iron Throne will cause some bumps in their romance road.
    Dany has said recently that she can not bear children.
    After the first time I didn't think much but after the second time.....
    I said to myself, this seems odd that the writers would be so redundant.
    Jon's last reply, after asking Dany who has been telling her this, was something like "Maybe you're getting bad opinions".
    Yes, I'm predicting right now that Dany is already with child and the baby boy will be named AEGON !!!

Agree entirely with your assessment regarding the Faulkner quote M~n~G.
    The writers will have fun toying with us while wringing the hearts of Jon and Dany next season.
    Who knows what the final outcome will be ?
    This is GoT, should we expect a happy ending ?

By the way, House Targaryen has had many Aegons so what's a couple more ?

https://poly-m.deviantart.com/art/Ho...Tree-614284707
    Click link for blow up of Targ Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    The fact the forest people were with the Three Eyed Raven and the forest people created the White Walkers tells me there is some link between the Three Eyed Raven and the White Walkers yet to be revealed. I do not buy into a lot of the internet theories but I do buy into the show trying to tell us things long before it is actually revealed with small hints here and there.

One thing we have learned from the worg ability is the power does seem to have grown stronger and stronger in Bran. Who really knows the limits...if there are any...besides Bran learning what he can do.

In addition are the White Walkers really dead themselves? They were once human. Are they changed enough to be immune to the worg ability?

My opinion is if we look at it from a non-drama stand point the dead should win from here on easily. They should sack town after town and each town getting more and more wights....also gathering animals for the wight army. TNK has a dragon and probably the best weapon against other dragons in his arm.

Even before the Wall was melted I am not sure how the living would have won with what we know now. Since the Wall has been bypassed with no fight....the living are screwed. All TNK has to do is stay on his dragon far away from harm but close enough to keep him minions going and he will win.

My guess is things will turn for the worse even more for the living before it gets better.

Something needs to happen for the living....maybe Bran and his worg ability evolving again is part of the story.

Bran definitely will play a major role in Season 8.
    They may wait until the last Ep again lol but he is definitely a huge part of the story line.
    Bran is The Three-Eyed Crow !!!

You are absolutely correct about the NK and his Army of the Dead.
    I'm just hoping that next year this does not turn into a zombie apocalypse season.
    GRRM and George Romero were contemporaries
    GRRM has dabbled quite well in horror fiction.
    I love GRRM's Sci-Fi/Fantasy work.
    I'm not a huge fan of any horror fiction.
    Sorry all of you undead fans, I don't care for zombies. Never have.
    That wight may have frightened Cersei but I thought the bear was a lot scarier.

~~~
    Remember when Jorah was trying to convince Dany to fly ?
    Jon wanted her to take the land route.
    Jorah said something like " All it would take is one guy with a crossbow to see your silver hair".
    Then I thought Jorah would make a comment about Dany's purple eyes.
    I'm so glad the writers gave Dany blonde hair and blue eyes !!!

~~~
    Remember when Dany bought all the Unsullied for the price of a dragon ?

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-30-2017 at 06:24 PM.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

True but something went wrong with their implementation. They were trying to fool us all with Arya's aggression, but it wasn't believable.

I guess that's what makes George exceptional. Yes, he telegraphs, but he leaves clues that make sense. This Arya thing just really never had it's own legs. So yea - I agree. Not very well done.

Personally I can't help but lose some respect for the way they rushed this season. All their reasons just sound like excuses to me. See it through to the end. Not enough money? No way.......... I'd invest if I could
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese