Page 145 of 168 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    They have been spending more per episode as the seasons have progressed with the most on these final two seasons because of all of the post-production work, especially CGI intensive battles with dragons, etc. Remember, it took several years to make just one of the three-hour Lord of the Rings films and they are having to produce the same quality with less money and with less time to deliver a decent final product. This is why the final season was broken up into two seasons--there was going to be just seven seasons total at one point.

And Freestyle is right, if GRRM had finished the books, there might be more episodes, though it would still take a long time to complete them and we might be waiting until next year for the final season. The story would certainly be better so it's a shame GRRM couldn't hunker down and write it instead of touring the world and doing tons of side projects. D&D aren't that good of writers IMO, and the tone of their last interviews on this subject was of wanting to just get this overwith and move on.
    That's pretty much where I'm at with it. I don't think they're bad writers, I just think they don't really know how to round their story arcs out better. That's where I think the plot feels mashed together. GRRM is really good at building characters and lore with minor events and dialogue. While the characters are already established, for the most part, there's still a lot of substance you can add to support their actions. Because that's really not there any more, it feels inconsistent. Like you're watching a condensed version of the story's ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I was feeling the itch for some battle, so I rewatched the "Battle of the Bastards" Season 6, episode 9 last night. Man, that was SUCH an insane episode. Battle of Mareen Bay AND an absolutely AMAZING battle sequence, plus some gut wrenching moments. Probably my favorite of all the episodes.
    Yeah I thought the cinematics were gorgeous ......especially when they show the Vale charging in on their horses ......

I didn't buy the pile of bodies they were fighting on though. There weren't that many fighting to start with
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

The end of this epic saga begins in only two short weeks!

Does anyone here have any predictions for which characters will remain alive at the end, and which one of those will sit on the Iron Throne?
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Ice king takes it all!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

The end of this epic saga begins in only two short weeks!

Does anyone here have any predictions for which characters will remain alive at the end, and which one of those will sit on the Iron Throne?
    - Varys and the Red Woman die per their conversation on the cliffs of Dragonstone
    - Bronn gets his castle. Maybe Highgarden.
    - Cersei gets swatted down rather easily in the first half of the season
    - the Ironborn also goes down along with Cersei and are forever ignored by everyone in Westeros
    - Theon dies a hero somehow
    - we learn more about the White Walker invasion and "The prince that was promised"
    (Azor Ahai). The TV version anyway.
    - Dany dies. Her death will save the world. Jon sits on the Iron Throne.
    Last edited by Freestyle; 03-31-2019 at 06:49 PM.

��

Lol, I think it's the real....
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    ��

Lol, I think it's the real....
    it's real and bad ass! i can't wait to make a sig from this!

I wonder if he's going to be an undead or possibly a dothraki warrior?

Season 8 Episode Running Times:

April 14, 2019 EP1 54min
    April 21, 2019 EP2 58min
    April 28, 2019 EP3 1hr
    May 5, 2019 EP4 1hr 18min
    May 12, 2019 EP5 1hr 20min
    May 19, 2019 EP6 1hr 20min

410 minutes/6.83 hours total
    Correction E03 will be 82 minutes long bringing the season total to 7hrs 12m -- approximately the same length ( only 8 minutes shorter) as SE07 despite having one less episode.

I've been watching the series on loop to catch up on Vaughn.live .... well here's a link https://vaughn.live/gameofthronestv1 and I'm so ready for this season

Like most of you we probably have exhausted all our sources of GOT snippets while we wait but here's on for those who haven't seen this yet. HBO has a nice page to sum up each of a few main characters travels to this point...... with illustrations, videos, making's of, etc....... it's pretty decent little whistle wetter ........here: http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/?...acter+Journeys

I read the GOT team has filmed several endings to spoil proof the series so predictions might be a waste of energy although it is fun to try. I personally have no idea who makes it. After all the Starks have been through though I don't want to see a single one more go but - it might have to happen. I hope Jamie survives......... I hope Tormund gets the 'Big Woman' lol before he goes.

My question is who gets the kill Cercei.......... so many have the motivation - could it be Jamie of all people? The KingSlayer kill a Queen too - not to mention his sister. Could it be Tyrion? Arya? Any of them would be satisfying - but I think Jamie doing it would be poetic

one ween from Sunday.

Thanks for the links LM
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese