Page 146 of 168 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    it's real and bad ass! i can't wait to make a sig from this!

I wonder if he's going to be an undead or possibly a dothraki warrior?
    First off I'm a Bosa fan because he's a Buckeye. Second, I thinks it's awesome. The band mastodon was in the episode hardhome a couple seasons back.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Yeah I thought the cinematics were gorgeous ......especially when they show the Vale charging in on their horses ......

I didn't buy the pile of bodies they were fighting on though. There weren't that many fighting to start with
    'Hills' of bodies 15-20 feet high was absurd. D&D's priorities seem to be on dramatic, spectacular, shocking and even poetic visuals at this point, and at the expense of reason and sensibility. I ranted about this at length here during Season 7.

Jon has also had immensely thick plot armor. In the BotB, he survived two hails of arrows and the Bolton cavalry charge untouched.

That said though, I believe that Jon's plot armor reaches its expiration date very soon and I do not believe that "Aegon" will survive to sit on the Iron Throne. He's my favorite character and I'd like nothing better than for him to win it all, but I wouldn't bet a cent on it happening at this point...
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-06-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    - Varys and the Red Woman die per their conversation on the cliffs of Dragonstone
    - Bronn gets his castle. Maybe Highgarden.
    I hope so.

- Cersei gets swatted down rather easily in the first half of the season
    The more pressing threat is the Army of the Dead invading the North and that will be the priority of the first half of the season as most of the characters were headed that way the last we saw. So who's down in King's Landing to take out Cersei while that's happening?

- the Ironborn also goes down along with Cersei and are forever ignored by everyone in Westeros
    I was never a big fan of them or House Greyjoy either.

- Theon dies a hero somehow
    - we learn more about the White Walker invasion and "The prince that was promised"
    (Azor Ahai). The TV version anyway.
    - Dany dies. Her death will save the world. Jon sits on the Iron Throne.
    Okay so you predict Jon wins the I.T. Will any other characters besides Jon and Bronn survive the finale?
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-04-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I've been watching the series on loop to catch up on Vaughn.live .... well here's a link https://vaughn.live/gameofthronestv1 and I'm so ready for this season

Like most of you we probably have exhausted all our sources of GOT snippets while we wait but here's on for those who haven't seen this yet. HBO has a nice page to sum up each of a few main characters travels to this point...... with illustrations, videos, making's of, etc....... it's pretty decent little whistle wetter ........here: http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/?...acter+Journeys

I read the GOT team has filmed several endings to spoil proof the series so predictions might be a waste of energy although it is fun to try. I personally have no idea who makes it. After all the Starks have been through though I don't want to see a single one more go but - it might have to happen. I hope Jamie survives......... I hope Tormund gets the 'Big Woman' lol before he goes.

My question is who gets the kill Cersei.......... so many have the motivation - could it be Jamie of all people? The KingSlayer kill a Queen too - not to mention his sister. Could it be Tyrion? Arya? Any of them would be satisfying - but I think Jamie doing it would be poetic

one ween from Sunday.

Thanks for the links LM
    Yes, I think so. The Mad King's old caches of wildfire still remain under the Red Keep and around the city, and Cersei has all of the characteristics for being a "Mad Queen" who would rather burn everything and everyone than surrender, and so Jaime will be brought full circle to save the city again by slaying her.

Tyrion would also be a good bet as the valonqar (High Valyrian for "little brother") from Maggy the Frog's prophecy to young Cersei. However, the showrunners excluded this part of the prophecy (shown to us at the very beginning of SE05E01) so it doesn't have to be a relation -- Arya could do it!
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-04-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    First off I'm a Bosa fan because he's a Buckeye. Second, I thinks it's awesome. The band mastodon was in the episode hardhome a couple seasons back.
    so was scott ian.

I recently was watching the final episode broadcast S7E7 and was wondering why - at the big 'truce' meeting in King's Landing why Bronn and Pod went for a drink so I did a little research.

My best answer was not what I was expecting at all. While watching it seemed they were setting up some kind of plot to come this season upcoming. But -and keep in mind it's kind of a rumor but - the reason Bronn and Pod left the big meet has nothing to do with Game of Thrones at all.

If you're curious check this out LOL

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/...breakup-2017-8
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

watch who's in the audience

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    "no ballers"

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I thought in the short segments he was in, he seemed intelligent, strong, humble, etc.

Maybe that is the big surprise! Cersei, Daenerys, and Jon Snow get caught in an epic battle and end up killing each other, as humble Gendry strolls into the ruins of Kings Landing and it's revealed to everyone that where the entire story started, is the same place it's going to end. The reason why multiple "hands of the kings" died is the revelation of this young man.

I like the twist of Arya being Queen though. King Gendry and Queen Arya Baratheon... also it circles back to season 1 and Robert B. telling Ned that they were going to join houses and have their children wed!!! It all happened, in an odd sort of way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I wanted to revisit this, since you had responded to me. My wife and I are rewatching the entire series and last night we watched the episode in Season 3 where the brotherhood picks up Gendry.

My co-worker and I were discussing how in the books, foreshadowing is MASSIVE within Martin's writing/story telling style. The Red woman tells Gendry:
    "You are more than they can ever be. They are just foot soldiers in a great war. You will make kings rise and fall."

Gendry definitely will have a role to play and she specifically says "Kings," so he will definitely be responsible for more than 1. I'd say this is proof that he won't only come back, but will have a MASSIVE role to play in the storyline.
    While I disagreed with you at the time on the minor points about the hands of the kings, and Mel's comments about the kings (and I still do), I now believe that your instincts about Gendry ending up on the Iron Throne were correct! CP's! I think he'll be with Sansa though, not Arya, and there's a good reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    The more pressing threat is the Army of the Dead invading the North and that will be the priority of the first half of the season as most of the characters were headed that way the last we saw. So who's down in King's Landing to take out Cersei while that's happening?

Okay so you predict Jon wins the I.T. Will any other characters besides Jon and Bronn survive the finale?
    I'm leaning towards Arya. The show runners deliberately left the "valonqar" prophecy out of the show for a reason. Littlefinger is a great big prize, but he isn't the last big name Arya is gonna take out in the show. She is gonna get someone else in season 8. I like to think Jamie or Tyrion could still do it and kill Cersei, but I think they will go in another direction. If I'm wrong, well... just a guess

I'm kind of on the fence on when Cersei will die. She is far weaker and the Lannister armies while equipped (and respected), lose quite a bit in the show. She could and should die early but she may pull off one last move to piss all the viewers off.

The more and more I think about it, the more I realize that the writers have a lot of options to take lol. There has to be conflict, this can't be a perfect little fairy tale type story, so there has to be few survivors in the end. The North will take the most casualties, and a lot of people will go (Brienne of Tarth, Tormund, Podrick, Jamie Lannister, everyone from Dany's side, etc), and in the South (the Mountain, Qyburn, pretty much every major name there).

Surprisingly I think Sansa lives. She has already been through two monsters and will rule the North, though I really disliked her story to be honest. All the Stark children that are alive now will live. Perhaps Gendry who can keep House Baratheon alive (or bring it back technically if Jon legitimizes him).

Also, when it comes to "the prince that was promised", I really hope the writers do a good job explaining whatever prophecy they are trying to present, and give us a satisfying conclusion. If it is someone random, and they try to explain why with some quick flashbacks like some crappy detective show, I'm gonna throw my remote.
    Last edited by Freestyle; 04-09-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

I'm leaning towards Arya. The show runners deliberately left the "valonqar" prophecy out of the show for a reason. Littlefinger is a great big prize, but he isn't the last big name Arya is gonna take out in the show. She is gonna get someone else in season 8. I like to think Jamie or Tyrion could still do it and kill Cersei, but I think they will go in another direction. If I'm wrong, well... just a guess

I'm kind of on the fence on when Cersei will die. She is far weaker and the Lannister armies while equipped (and respected), lose quite a bit in the show. She could and should die early but she may pull off one last move to piss all the viewers off.

The more and more I think about it, the more I realize that the writers have a lot of options to take lol. There has to be conflict, this can't be a perfect little fairy tale type story, so there has to be few survivors in the end. The North will take the most casualties, and a lot of people will go (Brienne of Tarth, Tormund, Podrick, Jamie Lannister, everyone from Dany's side, etc), and in the South (the Mountain, Qyburn, pretty much every major name there).

Surprisingly I think Sansa lives. She has already been through two monsters and will rule the North, though I really disliked her story to be honest. All the Stark children that are alive now will live. Perhaps Gendry who can keep House Baratheon alive (or bring it back technically if Jon legitimizes him).

Also, when it comes to "the prince that was promised", I really hope the writers do a good job explaining whatever prophecy they are trying to present, and give us a satisfying conclusion. If it is someone random, and they try to explain why with some quick flashbacks like some crappy detective show, I'm gonna throw my remote.
    A lot of setting up to do in 6 episodes. It all sounds legit, I just don't know how they would've found the time to make any intricate plot points work. I expect it to be rather straight forward. One thing I do know is the final battle is going to be massive in scale. I read an article that said they spent over twice the time on just the outdoors portion than on BotB. The "outdoors" part is kind of vague, because "indoors" could mean a lot of things. I know it was shot in Northern Ireland, where they do the Winterfell stuff.

That leads me to believe that if Cersei gets it, it'll likely be a non-White Walker element that does it.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 04-10-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    A lot of setting up to do in 6 episodes. It all sounds legit, I just don't know how they would've found the time to make any intricate plot points work. I expect it to be rather straight forward. One thing I do know is the final battle is going to be massive in scale. I read an article that said they spent over twice the time on just the outdoors portion than on BotB. The "outdoors" part is kind of vague, because "indoors" could mean a lot of things. I know it was shot in Northern Ireland, where they do the Winterfell stuff.

That leads me to believe that if Cersei gets it, it'll likely be a non-White Walker element that does it.
    my prediction is the white walkers get killed but everyone of importance dies in the battle while Cersei hides in the throne room with the mountain. just before the show ends joey bosa's character shows up, kills the mountain, then kills Cersei and then he does his shrug while sitting on the iron throne!

I agree that Arya could kill Cersei, but it's obvious that Cersei is the last antagonist and that the approaching Army of the Dead is first priority. I don't see Arya -now a great fighter- leaving to go down to KL when a threat to her home at Winterfell is rapidly approaching, nor missing her reunion with Jon! He's the reason why she changed directions and rode north instead of south to kill Cersei after Hotpie informed her.

As for her list...Ser Ilyn Payne the royal executioner used to be on it, but that actor got terminal cancer and was written out. Somehow he survived it and has been ready to return to the show so that's one more possibility for her revenge. The Mountain is reserved for the Hound though. I also suspect that we may see Jaqen H'ghar in Westeros again to tell "a girl" that it's time to pay the Faceless God back! Expect the unexpected and surprise twists!

I agree that Sansa will live, but I don't think that there will be anyone left in the North to rule, that it will be overrun and the survivors will retreat to The Neck where the continent narrows to make their stand. Then we may see Greywater Watch, the marshy stronghold where Meera Reed lives with her father Howland. He's Ned Stark's old bud and the last surviving witness to the Tower of Joy, so he can confirm Jon's true parentage... if Jon won't believe Bran.

Edmure Tully (as perhaps another loose end that needs to be tied up) could muster some troops from the Riverlands to help them fight off the Dead there.

The losses from the war against the Night King's army will be heavy and may equalize the odds for the final battle against Cersei. She will have Euron's Ironborn and the Golden Company (with war elephants?) and that's a considerable force.

I think Gendry is legitimate and trueborn and I'll explain that in detail in another post.

As for the Prince that was Promised...I'm really excited to see how this plays out! Perhaps Sam will read about him in one of those old tomes that he stole from the Citadel, and then Bran will travel back to witness how that happened. Bear in mind a couple of key scenes from the past two seasons:

"Daenerys Stormborn is the one who was promised. From the fire she was reborn to remake the world. Her dragons are fire made flesh, a gift from the Lord of Light. The dragons will purify nonbelievers by the thousands, burning their sins and flesh away."

-Kinvara, High Priestess of R'hllor from Volantis s06e05 "The Door"

MELISSANDRE: "The prince who was promised will bring the dawn."
    DAENERYS: "I'm afraid I'm not a prince."
    MISSANDEI: "Your Grace, forgive me, but your translation is not quite accurate. That noun has no gender in High Valyrian, so the proper translation for that prophecy would be, 'The prince or princess who was promised will bring the dawn'."

s07e02 "Stormborn"
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-10-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post

It can't and won't go at the pace of earlier seasons (1-6), but seven hours is plenty of time, enough to make a trilogy of Hollywood films even with intricate plot points -- most of which have already been set up. Pacing it more like a movie, and cutting down on extraneous, non-essential dialogue will make it work.

And I think we are getting at least two big battles.