Page 151 of 164 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2460

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    One outcome that's certain, Arya will survive the coming battle!

true story, I Don't think she dies just yet if at all.

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    true story, I Don't think she dies just yet if at all.
    I don't think Beric's gunna get it either, unless he does something spectacular first. Sandor had a line in the last episode reminding us how many times he's been resurrected. Had to be for good reason.

Considering what we've seen, and what the likes of Bran, Jon and Edd are supposed to know, I think that it's insanely stupid to put people down in the crypts beneath Winterfell --where the Starks have been storing their dead for centuries! How many corpses are down there awaiting reanimation, I wonder?

Since Season 1, we've known there is a general enchantment in the North which turns corpses into wights after nightfall, and it's in a limited radius from the Night King as the source of this enchantment. We also saw at Hardhome that he can produce this effect manually, on the fly, during the day:

Jon and Edd witnessed this!

The Night King also placed a similar enchantment around the lair of the 3ER which activated skeleton wights when Bran's party crossed a mystic tripwire. So I think it's reasonable to expect that the Night King can direct the same effect onto the grounds of Winterfell and awaken the dead down in the crypts, much as it went in this scene:

I'm sure a lot of the corpses down there are just bones, but in our world, some ancient corpses have held together fairly well in Egypt and South America when they were interred in cool, dry, dark places and not directly in the dirt. Ancient sarcophagi are typically stone lids simply placed atop coffins, their weight holding them in place, and in the cases where some primitive cement was used to "seal" them, such quickly became crumbly and retained no adhesive integrity at all.

As we've seen, many of the wights are also just skeletons, and they possess considerable strength! The one wight which was transported to King's Landing had to be secured in a box locked with steel chains! So if the wights were strong enough to literally burst out of the frozen ground as they did in the scene above, then they can also push coffin lids off!

But I also suspect that the way out may be down there as well. Back in Season 2, when Theon and the Ironborn were besieged at Winterfell by Ramsay and the Boltons, Maester Luwin told Theon that there are secret ways out of Winterfell and I think these are about to become necessary!

THEON: "I won't make it to the Wall. I won't make it 10 feet past the Winterfell gates."
    MAESTER LUWIN: "There are ways. Hidden passageways built so the Lords of Winterfell could escape."

s02e10 "Valar Morghulis"

No he doesn't want the IronThrone, he wants to create another AotD in south so even if Bran escapes the North, here they come from the south.
    Well brother your theory that the Night King goes to King's Landing (and/or Oldtown too) is gaining some traction.

I just read about it on Mashable here:

Why the Night King won't be at the Battle of Winterfell on 'Game of Thrones'

sourced to a reddit here:

My 'Night King is not stupid' Theory

I had quite forgotten about Bran's visions in Season 4 which included one of a ruined, snowy throne room (which Dany also saw in the House of the Undying in Season 2) and the shadow of a dragon over King's Landing, both things which haven't yet come to pass. I initially thought that the throne room vision might have been purely symbolic.

Last edited by L.M.; 04-23-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Adding to the above, this could be why the dialogue about the million residents of King's Landing kept coming up before. Jon told the audience at the Dragon Pit: "Lord Tyrion tells me a million people live in this city. They're about to become a million more soldiers in the Army of the Dead." Prophetic words, perhaps...?

There's been some confusion about the nature of undead Viserion and his breath weapon -is he an "ice dragon" now breathing cold, or weird, concussive force blasts that look like fire but aren't?

The director of Se7Ep7 The Dragon and the Wolf, Jeremy Podeswa said:

The way I looked at it was, when the sept burned down, that was green fire, and so then the dragon is going to have some kind of blueish fire, he said. Its certainly still fire it has the ability to burn the Wall and melt snow. But its going to have a different kind of magical quality to it, because its coming from an undead dragon.

So this is the magic that defeated the Wall's enchantments, but melted into it as well so it can certainly set the wooden structures of King's Landing alight. However, fire is the bane of wights, so using that to make more has folks scratching their heads. When the USA used incendiaries on Tokyo during WWII, 100K residents were reduced to ash in the firestorm. But perhaps those people of KL who aren't completely incinerated, those who die from smoke inhalation or collapsing buildings in zones peripheral to direct strikes from Viserion will be enough to begin a new wight army, spreading out from the city like a plague?

If it wasn't for the visions that Dany and Bran had of the ruined Throne Room

and a single dragon's shadow over King's Landing

and the "million citizen" lines, I wouldn't lend any credence to this theory at all. But this seems just like the kind of twist they'd pull on us --show us an ominous shadow flying over the city followed by a scene of Viserion aiming fire at the Red Keep --the roof debris falling around the Iron Throne and Cersei with an "OH CRAAAP!" expression on her face!

Adding to the above, this could be why the dialogue about the million residents of King's Landing kept coming up before. Jon told the audience at the Dragon Pit: "Lord Tyrion tells me a million people live in this city. They're about to become a million more soldiers in the Army of the Dead." Prophetic words, perhaps...?

There's been some confusion about the nature of undead Viserion and his breath weapon -is he an "ice dragon" now breathing cold, or weird, concussive force blasts that look like fire but aren't?

The director of Se7Ep7 “The Dragon and the Wolf”, Jeremy Podeswa said:

“The way I looked at it was, when the sept burned down, that was green fire, and so then the dragon is going to have some kind of blueish fire,” he said. “It’s certainly still fire — it has the ability to burn the Wall and melt snow. But it’s going to have a different kind of magical quality to it, because it’s coming from an undead dragon.”

So this is the magic that defeated the Wall's enchantments, but melted into it as well so it can certainly set the wooden structures of King's Landing alight. However, fire is the bane of wights, so using that to make more has folks scratching their heads. When the USA used incendiaries on Tokyo during WWII, 100K residents were reduced to ash in the firestorm. But perhaps those people of KL who aren't completely incinerated, those who die from smoke inhalation or collapsing buildings in zones peripheral to direct strikes from Viserion will be enough to begin a new wight army, spreading out from the city like a plague?

If it wasn't for the visions that Dany and Bran had of the ruined Throne Room

and a single dragon's shadow over King's Landing

and the "million citizen" lines, I wouldn't lend any credence to this theory at all. But this seems just like the kind of twist they'd pull on us --show us an ominous shadow flying over the city followed by a scene of Viserion aiming fire at the Red Keep --the roof debris falling around the Iron Throne and Cersei with an "OH CRAAAP!" expression on her face!
    I might be looking too much into it but the NK's dragon has wings that are ripped almost, with holes in them. The shadow of the dragon in that little clip in your post doesn't seem to have that.

I wont quote all your posts as they are long but id like to add.

NK Passing WF heading to KL
    nice research some of that I forgot about and wasn't on my mind when I had the thought. Again my theory is rooted from the fact that the NK is supposed to be the big bad not Cersei, I just couldnt imagine they would make her the final boss, so to mee that means they cant defeat the NK just yet. (this is more of a hope that turned into theory i guess) And also how they specifically didn't show the NK at the end of ep 2, I think that is significant.

I forgot about the desolate throne vision, but I did mean to post the dragon flying over KL vision yesterday but never got a chance.
    Jon told the audience at the Dragon Pit: "Lord Tyrion tells me a million people live in this city. They're about to become a million more soldiers in the Army of the Dead." Prophetic words, perhaps...?
    Forgot about this quote also but also seems significant.

The Crypts of Winterfell
    I agree they said the crypts are the safest place way to many times, something is happening.

There is things from the books to help support this and is also a major theory around the interwebs. I don't remember the show touching on it much but they may have. The Starks have a tradition of laying an iron sword on every tomb to keep their ghost at rest. The theory is this is more literal then symbolic and that the ancient starks used this to keep from turning to white walkers, if the NK ever invaded. However during Theons raid and the Stark and Reed flight from WF, the took some of the Iron swords as the escaped.

Old Nan nodded. "In that darkness, the Others came for the first time," she said as her needles went click click click. "They were cold things, dead things, that hated iron and fire and the touch of the sun, and every creature with hot blood in its veins.

Old Nan says the Others hate iron and fire.

During the prologue of AGOT, it is noticed that the Others had resurrected a wildling's village's dead inhabitants but they had left back a double bladed iron axe.

Also the crypts of Winterfell contain the Kings having iron swords placed on their laps to repel evil spirits a.k.a. White Walkers.
    This is a post from reddit that has a quote from old nan the says they hated both fire and iron.

Obviously Iron doesn't kill them or their regular swords would be enough, but they may have an aversion to it if it is used a certain way? its kind of weak but there is a connection.

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

Quote Originally Posted by OurHouse View Post
    I might be looking too much into it but the NK's dragon has wings that are ripped almost, with holes in them. The shadow of the dragon in that little clip in your post doesn't seem to have that.
    That scene is also not Wintery and there are green trees down there. Additionally, the symbol over the throne in the vision is the seven-pointed star, but Cersei just changed that to the Lannister lion sigil.

However, I think that all these discrepancies just mean that the producers didn't plan ahead with all the various details very well as we saw with the flashback to Jaime killing the Mad King in the Great Hall which was redecorated by Joffrey at the beginning of Season 2:

And it should have looked like this:

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

I think its pretty obvious he dies next ep protecting Bran.

Enough complaining, are there any death predictions fro ep 3?

In ep 3 i got :

Theon dying protecting Bran.

Brienne Dying protecting Jaime

Sandor dying BUT Berric resurrecting him most like giving his life to do it. (the Clegne Bowl has to happen, even better if they both died once already!)

Davos and Poderick dying
    I wouldn't be so sure Bran ends up being protected (or said differently -he dies)........ which doesn't mean Theon wasn't as heroic as he could be - but ........

....... as much as we all can't wait for this episode - I truly believe we're going to wish it never happened. And now we have only to wait some 12 hours
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I think its pretty obvious he dies next ep protecting Bran.

Enough complaining, are there any death predictions fro ep 3?

In ep 3 i got :

Theon dying protecting Bran.

Brienne Dying protecting Jaime

Sandor dying BUT Berric resurrecting him most like giving his life to do it. (the Clegne Bowl has to happen, even better if they both died once already!)

Davos and Poderick dying
    I think Jamie will die protecting Bran. Bran knows this and it is why he said something to the effect that he was silent so that Jamie could fight for them. I think it is also why Bran was present when Jamie showed up. Bran knows Jamie plays a significant role and wanted to make sure no one killed Jamie when he showed up to WF.

I also think someone else very major will die in this episode. I do not want it to be anyone but this has been the kind of show to kill someone major every so often and imo we are due.
    Last edited by Hadez; 04-28-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I think Jamie will die protecting Bran. Bran knows this and it is why he said something to the effect that he was silent so that Jamie could fight for them. I think it is also why Bran was present when Jamie showed up. Bran knows Jamie plays a significant role and wanted to make sure no one killed Jamie when he showed up to WF.

I also think someone else very major will die in this episode. I do not want it to be anyone but this has been the kind of show to kill someone major every so often and imo we are due.
    Jaime won't be with Bran, he's with Brienne's forces outside Winterfell. Jaime will probably live to kill Cersei.

Theon will be protecting Bran and he's almost surely dead meat.

Jaime won't be with Bran, he's with Brienne's forces outside Winterfell. Jaime will probably live to kill Cersei.

Theon will be protecting Bran and he's almost surely dead meat.
    The ending I always anticipated for Cersei. Doubt Jaime could live with himself, though. Cersei would have to do something completely atrocious for him to justify it.