Page 162 of 168 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2516

Thread: Game of Thrones

I haven't been much of a fan of this season. I've been rather harsh in my opinion of it. However, that was probably the best episode of this season, IMO. Back to mayhem, death... some unexpected twists.

I think there is a chance that Dani kills Tyrion and Jon. Arya went to KL to shut "green eyes," which everyone was thinking was Cersei. It seems obvious that it's Dani now, but that will be a pretty interesting twist.

Quote Originally Posted by JT24Champ View Post
    visually was an amazing episode.
    dont mind the mad queen arc but execution is poorly. see breaking bad with how they did it

jaimes arc was horrrrrrrrible.
    I agree!

If they would have switched places with Messandi and Jorah I would be better with Danny snapping, Let Messendi die at WF and Jorah be captured and executed at KL. I think that would give more reason for her to snap, but instead she snaps because D&D wanted her to, just awful writing.

What arc, there was no arc, he is the same person he always was apparently.

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    I agree!

If they would have switched places with Messandi and Jorah I would be better with Danny snapping, Let Messendi die at WF and Jorah be captured and executed at KL. I think that would give more reason for her to snap, but instead she snaps because D&D wanted her to, just awful writing.

What arc, there was no arc, he is the same person he always was apparently.
    i actually just read a sweet rewrite by a fan.

he said to have rhaegal die at KL instead of episode 4. have the bells ring and for some way euron or cersei betray the false surrender and kill rhaegal. it would have made a more sense of dani burning the whole city

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    I had to binge the first seven seasons to catch up so Iím not as emotionally attached as some are.

I donít see Jaimie as reverting back to who he was. I see it as him accepting his love for sister as part of who he is, despite the changes he went through. What he said to Brienne before he left Winterfell was just an easy way to explain his guilty conscience and justify his returning to Cersei.

Cleganebowl would have been better if Gregor wasnít the undead. It also would have been better if Sandor had lived, at least long enough to celebrate his victory.

I understand the one sided ass whooping. They needed Cersei to lose and the only way for that to happen logically was for Drogon to dominate the Scorpions. They could have made it a more interesting fight if they hadnít killed Rhaegal before episode five. If they went into the fight with two dragons, they could have killed off Drogon and let the dragon named after Danaerysís brother be the one to save the day.

I think Arya sets her sights on Danaerys but I wonder if Jon gets in the way.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    That's what happens when you have only 6 episodes in your last season. Things kinda just happen. They can hit rhaegal from hundreds of feet in the air but all of sudden they get storm trooper syndrome and can't hit anything.

Clegane bowl was ok. It was hyped for a long time and maybe would've been better if the mountain wasnt a zombie.

Also jaime's story arc was disappointing. Went from selfish horrible man to honorable and caring back to how he was. Seemed like a huge waste of time. He killed the mad king because he cared about the innocent people then says he never really cared about the innocent people... ummm ok? Lazy writing.

I really hope the books dont end this way.
    It was underwhelming. Not the way I would've ended it. Just brainstorming here off the top of my head, but here's an idea. Most of you would probably disagree, but I'm just throwing this out there:

Jaime arrives ahead of Sandor. In order to do this you have to tweak the events leading up to their arrival in the Red Keep. In this scenario, Daenerys hasn't gone mad yet. She's right there, though. Her army has entered the city, and what they don't know is Cersei has wildfire at the ready to obliterate them, her own army, and some civilians. Qyburn is standing next to her and her Queen's Guard. He's advising her to give the order on the wildfire. Jaime enters, and starts the negotiation for her to stop and leave with him. She's conflicted. Jaime attempts to approach, which he nearly does, but Gregor stops him. As Gregor is choking the life out of him, Cersei is going through a major meltdown of emotional conflict. This is resolved when Sandor rolls in. Now, in order to get Sandor alone, you'd have to figure out a way to remove Arya from the equation. The threat of impending death in the Red Keep's collapse isn't available yet. Anyways, Gregor drops Jaime and gets Clegane Bowl rolling. Qyburn DOES NOT die in this instance. Cersei comes to Jaime's side to speak with him, and Qyburn chimes in again about the wildfire situation. Jaime implores her to forget it, and leave with him. She takes an emotional moment, and I think anger is the one, possibly explaining her justification before she lays it on him. There is no child (she told him that to control him). Burn them all. Jaime kills her with a dagger or what have you, and lays there holding her with an emotional outburst. It order to make it more believable, maybe Cersei is forlorn. She tells Jaime out of affection that there is no child, and diligently gives the command. Maybe gives him a kiss before hand, and throw some Lannister theme song in there.

So here we go. Qyburn zips past the Clegane Bowl, even though we probably don't see it on camera. He tells his little minions to do the deed. Remember the bells? Well, that's the signal for them to light the wildfire. Jon thinks that all is well, and tells everyone to stand down. I don't know if this exact moment would be best served during the stalemate, combat, or after the Lannister Army surrenders, but the wildfire goes off none the less. Daenerys sees this, and officially loses it. She destroys the entire city. Though the visual of Cersei watching the city be destroyed by the Dragon is a good one, it would be more difficult, in my scenario, to use the threat of wildfire as a plot device with Drogon having already torched everything. You could still have Cersei dying as she sees it all go down, but she and Jaime still die together in the end.

I'm sure there are a lot of holes in that scenario that would need to be resolved, and I'd have to really play it out in my mind to know how well it would work. Just my amateur take on things.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 05-13-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    It was underwhelming. Not the way I would've ended it. Just brainstorming here off the top of my head, but here's an idea. Most of you would probably disagree, but I'm just throwing this out there:

Jaime arrives ahead of Sandor. In order to do this you have to tweak the events leading up to their arrival in the Red Keep. In this scenario, Daenerys hasn't gone mad yet. She's right there, though. Her army has entered the city, and what they don't know is Cersei has wildfire at the ready to obliterate them, her own army, and some civilians. Qyburn is standing next to her and her Queen's Guard. He's advising her to give the order on the wildfire. Jaime enters, and starts the negotiation for her to stop and leave with him. She's conflicted. Jaime attempts to approach, which he nearly does, but Gregor stops him. As Gregor is choking the life out of him, Cersei is going through a major meltdown of emotional conflict. This is resolved when Sandor rolls in. Now, in order to get Sandor alone, you'd have to figure out a way to remove Arya from the equation. The threat of impending death in the Red Keep's collapse isn't available yet. Anyways, Gregor drops Jaime and gets Clegane Bowl rolling. Qyburn DOES NOT die in this instance. Cersei comes to Jaime's side to speak with him, and Qyburn chimes in again about the wildfire situation. Jaime implores her to forget it, and leave with him. She takes an emotional moment, and I think anger is the one, possibly explaining her justification before she lays it on him. There is no child (she told him that to control him). Burn them all. Jaime kills her with a dagger or what have you, and lays there holding her with an emotional outburst. It order to make it more believable, maybe Cersei is forlorn. She tells Jaime out of affection that there is no child, and diligently gives the command. Maybe gives him a kiss before hand, and throw some Lannister theme song in there.

So here we go. Qyburn zips past the Clegane Bowl, even though we probably don't see it on camera. He tells his little minions to do the deed. Remember the bells? Well, that's the signal for them to light the wildfire. Jon thinks that all is well, and tells everyone to stand down. I don't know if this exact moment would be best served during the stalemate, combat, or after the Lannister Army surrenders, but the wildfire goes off none the less. Daenerys sees this, and officially loses it. She destroys the entire city. Though the visual of Cersei watching the city be destroyed by the Dragon is a good one, it would be more difficult, in my scenario, to use the threat of wildfire as a plot device with Drogon having already torched everything. You could still have Cersei dying as she sees it all go down, but she and Jaime still die together in the end.

I'm sure there are a lot of holes in that scenario that would need to be resolved, and I'd have to really play it out in my mind to know how well it would work. Just my amateur take on things.
    No baby doesnít make sense.

Why make Euron Greyjoy believe thereís a baby when he didnít think there already was one but made it clear he wanted to make one?

It also doesnít seem logical for Jaimie to kill his sister, especially if it doesnít save the city from destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    No baby doesn’t make sense.

Why make Euron Greyjoy believe there’s a baby when he didn’t think there already was one but made it clear he wanted to make one?

It also doesn’t seem logical for Jaimie to kill his sister, especially if it doesn’t save the city from destruction.
    Of course, I would've been using the fake baby thing as a plot device the whole time. It's true though that it might not play out well if we're just talking S8 EP5.

The logic behind Jaime killing her is to maintain continuity with the progression of Jaime's character. In other words, he realizes what she is, and the baby thing is a modifier. It's a good point though. It might not play out believably. Maybe there would have to assurance that killing here would save the city.

No baby doesnít make sense.

Why make Euron Greyjoy believe thereís a baby when he didnít think there already was one but made it clear he wanted to make one?

It also doesnít seem logical for Jaimie to kill his sister, especially if it doesnít save the city from destruction.
    but the book has a little brother killing her!

I know. There's just way too much poetic justice for me to pass it up. It's just a matter of how you get there, and that's where GRRM comes in.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    That was uncalled for. Iím trying to read the books. I havenít even gotten to Ned dying yet.
    Iím almost to that point though.

That was uncalled for. I’m trying to read the books. I haven’t even gotten to Ned dying yet.
    I’m almost to that point though.
    it hasnt happened yet. its in the maggie prophecy. so who knows if it will actually follow through. its all speculation at this point based on the prophecy.

the show left out the little brother part and kept her 3 kids dying

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post

That would be much better then what we got1

BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I haven't been much of a fan of this season. I've been rather harsh in my opinion of it. However, that was probably the best episode of this season, IMO. Back to mayhem, death... some unexpected twists.

I think there is a chance that Dani kills Tyrion and Jon. Arya went to KL to shut "green eyes," which everyone was thinking was Cersei. It seems obvious that it's Dani now, but that will be a pretty interesting twist.

I think Dany dies by either Tyrion or Jon, i think by Jon after she tries to burn him but he walks through unharmed or Danny cries Dracary's but drogon wont attack a Targ. Jon will be given the throne, will reject it and try to move home, sansa will have none of it and send him packing and he will end up with tormund. He will give Davos the throne before he leaves if he agrees to leave the north alone. Tyrion and Sansa consummate the marriage and rule the north. I think Arya saw the light and is riding off on Bran the Horse to have Gendrys baby, either that or ends up on the iron islands where her and Yara sail off together to the west.

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    I think Dany dies by either Tyrion or Jon, i think by Jon after she tries to burn him but he walks through unharmed or Danny cries Dracary's but drogon wont attack a Targ. Jon will be given the throne, will reject it and try to move home, sansa will have none of it and send him packing and he will end up with tormund. He will give Davos the throne before he leaves if he agrees to leave the north alone. Tyrion and Sansa consummate the marriage and rule the north. I think Arya saw the light and is riding off on Bran the Horse to have Gendrys baby, either that or ends up on the iron islands where her and Yara sail off together to the west.
    jon has been burnt though before

when he killed his first wight at the commander's room. he touched the lantern and threw it at the wight and he yelled and wrapped his hand because it was burnt.

but that was before he was killed soooooo

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016