Page 165 of 168 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by JT24Champ View Post
    agree

they got the star wars gig years ago.

i still am entertained by game of thrones and it will always be a favorite
    I agree it is my favorite show all time

Starting to agree with the concept that most of what I love about the show came from the books and the more the show went away from the books the less things drew me into the story.

It will be very interesting to see what they do with their Star Wars gig. I hope they get to build their own story with new characters. It may have Jedi or Sith or other things we know about but I want to see how they build characters that we all love and hate.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    So - place your bets

....... who sits on the throne after tomorrow night?

I hope it's Jon but I have a feeling DnD are gonna be cute and put Tyrion up there
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Daenerys Targaryen : Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell they're all just spokes on a wheel. This ones on top, then that ones on top and on and on it spins crushing those on the ground.

Tyrion Lannister : It's a beautiful dream, stopping the wheel. You're not the first person who's ever dreamt it.

Daenerys Targaryen : I'm not going to stop the wheel, I'm going to break the wheel.
    I think there's a possibility that there won't be an Iron Throne nor a united realm under central leadership when all is said and done, and things may go back to separate kingdoms as it was before Aegon the Conqueror.

If not, then my money's still on Gendry.

Joe Dempsie, who plays Gendry Baratheon, had a similar experience. "At the top of every script there is a cast list for every character involved in that episode. A few of us were tempted to check if we were in the last one," he told the Sunday Times. "Look, Gendry's the last surviving blood Baratheon. He's got to have a pretty strong claim. But I don't even trust the fact that I have the answers in my brain. It feels like you're walking around with a secret that the whole world wants to know."

https://www.glamour.com/story/game-o...-show-theories
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

So.....is this it for GoT??!!

As someone who has never watched a full episode, is it cool to watch the finale....and if so, who do I pull for??

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So.....is this it for GoT??!!

As someone who has never watched a full episode, is it cool to watch the finale....and if so, who do I pull for??

No, I don't think so, bud. The significance of the events will be totally lost upon you, and it won't work like a standalone, self-contained movie in any way. This is a complex drama with a lot of characters that's built up over the years and no clear battle lines for some epic confrontation at all. It doesn't follow most good vs. evil standard tropes and it subverts expectations.

It's a good series and I would recommend loading up Season 1 Episode 1 and seeing whether it pulls you in.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    No, I don't think so, bud. The significance of the events will be totally lost upon you, and it won't work like a standalone, self-contained movie in any way. This is a complex drama with a lot of characters that's built up over the years and no clear battle lines for some epic confrontation at all. It doesn't follow most good vs. evil standard tropes and it subverts expectations.

It's a good series and I would recommend loading up Season 1 Episode 1 and seeing whether it pulls you in.
    I understand. Was looking for some "he/she better than he/she" outcomes. Should I be looking for more Starbucks?

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post

The Mad Queen must die!

I'm going to miss it! It was one hell of a ride!

At the end of the day, though all of the seasons Ned Stark is still my favorite character....

Never forget: 'A mad man sees what he sees' - Ned Stark

What's the point of having a Knights Watch anymore ......
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    What's the point of having a Knights Watch anymore ......
    There isn't a Knights Watch imo. Bran & the rest of the Starks played them like a fiddle. John & the Wildlings went to live north of the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    There isn't a Knights Watch imo. Bran & the rest of the Starks played them like a fiddle. John & the Wildlings went to live north of the wall.
    Yea he's basically ruling the free folk Mance Rayder style. Still hated it.... Not a fan of the finale...but ah well.

After all the angst about what a horrible ending it would be, I feel satisfied. Anyone can say he would have done this or that differently, but that doesn't mean it would be better. The ending of GOT is light years better than the ending of the likes of Lost and Dexter.

It's funny that the episodes are longer, a whole lot of major events happen, and it still feels like there's little plot Good luck with the Star Wars gig Weiss and Benioff. Really hope you have a great writer to lean on, or you dont lose interest halfway though.

That said, I'll miss the characters and actors. The cinematography has been great as well. They kept up the quality when other parts checked out.

I'm "meh" on the ending. Might be better for those who want to binge and can do it start to finish, because any twist that can happen you probably wont have the time to see coming.

Dany's mad queen turn was not the best. I blame that more on the execution of the story though. The seeds for the turn was so plentiful and obvious, but a good writer could have still wowed everyone.

Even though it is Game of Thrones, you wanted to cheer for Jon Snow to have a good ending. Roaming the north somewhat works I guess. Pretty much the definition of bittersweet.

Dont like Sansa ruling the North. She is just a different kind of annoying now as compared to earlier seasons.

It was funny to see Emilia give a "ehhh" response in regards to how she felt about the finale. Oh well. I still cant wait for the 4k box set when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    After all the angst about what a horrible ending it would be, I feel satisfied. Anyone can say he would have done this or that differently, but that doesn't mean it would be better. The ending of GOT is light years better than the ending of the likes of Lost and Dexter.
    I liked it too.
    Loved what happened to the throne and I think everyone ended up where they belong.

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

The ending was good, but I would have preferred that Jon at least be King in the North, if not the seven Kingdoms.

I would have liked the Unsullied to have been burned by Drogon at Jonís command.

I did like how Grey Worm was given the middle finger by having Jon go to the north under the pretense of joining the Nightís Watch, only for him to join the free folk like he wanted.

I wish Ned Stark had lasted longer, I think the series could have been much better, if he had gotten closer to the end, if not all the way.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!