• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samparnell
    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by raymoe View Post
    I realy don't approve that Maester George R.R. Martin is taking so long... now, IF I start reading the books I don't think I will have the patience to wait for him to finish. Anyway, if he finishes, I don't think he won't stay on the bottom of this list: http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ors-worldwide/
    A week ago yesterday, he had a bi-lingual preview screening of the first episode of the fourth season of Game of Thrones at the Jean Cocteau Cinema in Santa Fe.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• assassin216
      Starter
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by raymoe View Post
      I realy don't approve that Maester George R.R. Martin is taking so long... now, IF I start reading the books I don't think I will have the patience to wait for him to finish. Anyway, if he finishes, I don't think he won't stay on the bottom of this list: http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ors-worldwide/
      Mar. 8th, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Fans of fake history rejoice. I am finally done with the Iron Islands.

And why does that make me so pleased? Well, because it was the last little bit I had to write for our long-awaited and much-postponed concordance, THE WORLD OF ICE & FIRE. Which we've been working on (along with many other things) lo, these many years. ((And yes, yes, it's late, what else is new? Please do not blame my faithful collaborators, Elio Garcia and Linda Antonsson. They finished their part ages ago, and tossed the ball to me. What can I say? I remain as slow as ever. And I added a lot.))

Anyway, it's done at last. At least the writing part. Now it is all in the hands of the artists, and our valiant editor Anne Groell. (This will be a coffee table book, heavily and lavishly illustrated, so there's LOTS of art)).

grrm - the new blog in LiveJournal. There should be new interesting records soon.
      I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• RunYouOver
        Admin
        • Jan 2005

A little slow to start with a good finish as usual. However, I do believe that will be the slowest episode of the season. Based off the previews for next week, and knowing what's ahead...I'm very much looking forward to next Sunday
        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Den615
          Playmaker
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
          A little slow to start with a good finish as usual. However, I do believe that will be the slowest episode of the season. Based off the previews for next week, and knowing what's ahead...I'm very much looking forward to next Sunday
          Agreed. Glad I have another Sunday night distraction. In the season preview they show a dragon's shadow flying over the city. To me it looks like King's Landing, but a friend of mine disagreed. Any other opinions out there?

Comment

• Mount-n-Groan
            Epithetically Challenged
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
            Agreed. Glad I have another Sunday night distraction. In the season preview they show a dragon's shadow flying over the city. To me it looks like King's Landing, but a friend of mine disagreed. Any other opinions out there?
            Oh, it's definitely King's Landing. Check out the first few seconds of the trailer posted by Charlie Brown upthread. Pause it at 4 seconds. Definitely King's Landing.

Loved the premiere. Expected the usual lull while wading through some introductory/tie-in stuff, but Oberyn's intro was excellent. Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) is growing as an actor and his "trial" was well done. Wasn't all that fond of Daario and Grey Worm's game, but Drogon snapping at Dany (and the dragon CGI work in general) saved that part from being just so-so.

And, Arya... What can you say? You naturally want to root for her, but there's something sad about her descent into darkness too. And speaking of the new Winds of Winter chapter - - anyone that read it surely recognized the similarities between the last scene in that chapter and the last scene in the season premiere.

Would love to talk more with you fine folks, but I'm too busy and really I just came here to announce that, after the premiere's strong showing, HBO has expectedly renewed Game of Thrones for season 5. What was unexpected is that they also threw in a season 6 too!!!

That's right, people - we get to see AT LEAST two more seasons of this!

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
              earthling
              • May 2004

Ayra and the Hound !
              What a duo !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• RunYouOver
                Admin
                • Jan 2005

That's what I thought was going to happen this week

Great episode.
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Jaws
                  The Immortal Madam Chomp
                  • Oct 2004

I think I may just tune in to this for the first time ever tonight.
                  Hope I can follow and am not too lost.

Comment

• RunYouOver
                    Admin
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                    I think I may just tune in to this for the first time ever tonight.
                    Hope I can follow and am not too lost.
                    Starting with Season 4 episode 2, or from the beginning? Good luck following along with the 100s of characters starting from the middle
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• ELWAY421
                      Football Immortal
                      • Dec 2007

Good Riddance is all I can say lol............ Good Episode........

Comment

• JakeNbake
                        Baby Football Mod
                        • Jul 2008

That's what I thought was going to happen this week

Great episode.
                        I kind of thought they'd do it in the next episode. But it was enjoyable as always.
                        sigpic
                        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                          Captain
                          • Apr 2009

My suspected plot line is going as exoected
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• dizzolve
                            Orange Rush
                            • Mar 2009

That felt good - but not good enough. I didn't know this was going to happen.

During the feast I was fantasizing about how Tyrion will get his revenge in his way. But it turns out, he's not going to get his revenge, but he's going to pay for it just the same.

Sansa seemed to actually warm to her husband through empathy since she's gone through that 10fold. I loved the look on Geoffry's face once dead.

The Jester trying to get Sansa to leave to 'stay alive' was peculiar if not down right suspicious that maybe Sansa herself was responsible for the poisoning? Maybe he just had enough sense to put 2 and 2 together seeing as how she DID touch the cup- and Tyrion would be blamed if not both of them. I know some of you readers know who is responsible. Sansa has plenty of motive. The queen regent is as Cercei as ever. She retains her title?

Maybe it was the foreigner? Obviously he was up to no good. You book readers are probably laughing at my theories lol.

I thought it was funny to see the reply to Kingslayer when he intimated that Cercei's fiance would NOT marry her - 'neither will you' ROFL

Brienne is in love with Kingslayer and she is so honorable she can't even lie. Poor gal. Can't wait for next week.

I never thought I'd say I'd miss Geoffry but I just might - but there are plenty of other horrible human beings in GOT that can carry the torch

EDIT: Of course It might not have been wine- it could have been the pie. It could have been Margerie or her mom. That is if Margerie remains Queen. Not sure how all that shakes out. But if Margerie remains Queen, it could have been Oleena. After all, Marge fed him the pie - which was 'dry' and needed washing down.

If any of the Lannisters were smart they'd have secured both the pie and the goblet to test on a commoner (game of thrones way) to see what the poison was in! But they all seemed to act purely on emotion. Especially Cerecei
                            Last edited by dizzolve; 04-15-2014, 01:43 AM.
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Jaws
                              The Immortal Madam Chomp
                              • Oct 2004

Starting with Season 4 episode 2, or from the beginning? Good luck following along with the 100s of characters starting from the middle
                              Yup, season 4 ep 2. Have to say I enjoyed it very much. Lots to catch up on!

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                                earthling
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                                Yup, season 4 ep 2. Have to say I enjoyed it very much. Lots to catch up on!
                                You'd better hurry up and ketchup !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                                X