Page 58 of 168 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

A week late but this is what we all wanted to see right? (note the jazz)

Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

dizzolve,

Loved your write-up and I'm going to try to answer a few questions, if that's okay.

It's a little odd that the Night's Watch on the show has so few members atm. Granted, in the books their numbers are fewer than 1000 (spread out over 3 castles, with Castle Black having the most), but the show creators must really want to drive the point home that the Wall is scarcely manned. Regardless, most people outside of the North have no idea what's going on at the Wall and even fewer care. At times it had over 10,000 members and was a much more noble service. Now, with The War of the Five Kings and the removal of the Starks, the NW is basically screwed. Simply put, there are no reserves.

I won't talk about some of the things you wrote, but sadly I think that some of these story lines are done for the season. Not all, but it's my opinion that we've seen the last of at least one of the characters you mentioned for the season.

Yes, Sansa's direwolf (Lady) was killed (by Ned) in season 1. It was after Nymeria (Arya's direwolf) attacked Joffrey, and Cersei demanded that a wolf was killed. It was good to see Ghost last night, but I would love it if the wolves were a bigger part of the show. I understand all the difficulties, but it's just too bad. Things ARE happening with them, and I think they're important to the characters, and maybe we'll get more in future seasons, but...

There was a certain event that I thought would happen last night that didn't. It's going to happen, but it'll be next week - - which makes next week's episode even more packed than I thought it would be. I don't know how they're going to do it, but it should be awesome. Oh, and next week's episode is longer too. 66 minutes I think.

Oh, and that chain & anchor last night... which wasn't in the books... was pretty freakin' awesome.

Winter is Coming!

yeah that chain was epic
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    There was a certain event that I thought would happen last night that didn't. It's going to happen, but it'll be next week - - which makes next week's episode even more packed than I thought it would be. I don't know how they're going to do it, but it should be awesome. Oh, and next week's episode is longer too. 66 minutes I think.

This...

Finallly caught up what an awesome show jon snow is probably my favorite character next to bronn, the hound, grey warm, jorah, and tyrion

I cant wait every week so I think im just going to buy the books

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    This...
    I'm so conflicted right now. On one hand I know that expectations are a female dog and many (sullied) viewers have had episodes "ruined" for them because something that they were expecting didn't happen. On the other hand I know (from various sources) what will definitely be in the finale, and those things alone will make this episode one of the greatest. However, I'm becoming more and more skeptical about them including a certain event/scene and I just hope that I can temper any disappointment should they not include it.

The show runners are extremely proud of this episode (that none of us have seen yet). Yesterday they submitted their list for possible nominations for the Emmy's (these are not nominations yet). They have 3 entries for episode 10. One of them is for writing and it is their ONLY submission. For directing, it is one of three. That tells you something. The last one is for prosthetic make-up. Unfortunately, as much as I want to read something into it, there's still no hint on whether we'll get the scene in question or not.

Either way, one thing's for sure: this final episode will be vastly different than any GoT finale we've seen yet.

Can't wait!

•Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series: “The Children”
    •Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series: Alex Graves (“The Children”), + 2 others
    •Outstanding Prosthetic Make-up: “The Children”

If you want to see the rest of the submissions you can go here:
    http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/09...ions-season-4/
    Winter is Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Finallly caught up what an awesome show jon snow is probably my favorite character next to bronn, the hound, grey warm, jorah, and tyrion

I cant wait every week so I think im just going to buy the books
    Here, I'll save you some time...

But seriously, glad to hear you're going to read the books. You won't be disappointed.

Winter is Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    Here, I'll save you some time...

But seriously, glad to hear you're going to read the books. You won't be disappointed.

Spoilers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Spoilers!!!!
    I support Kaepernick 100%

Great freakin season.

Valar Morghulis
    Arya finally cashed in the Iron coin.
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Arya finally cashed in the Iron coin.
    finally! i hope she travels there to learn how to be an assassin or something

man that fight between that tall chick and the hound was intense i wonder if thats the end of the hound

anyhow pretty great season now we gotta wait till april

Just got home from work. Getting ready to watch it, the one downfall is waiting a year for the next season. But since football season is in the middle of that year I'll live.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

That was fun

FINALLY - Tyrion gets revenge. Real revenge. Not a battle of wits. Real unadulterated revenge. But he still couldn't relish it - even being freed from Death Rowe he isn't giddy or excited. He's devastated. He learns Shay IS just a simple prostitute after all he's been through with her. Finally we get some kind of closure on the Tyrion front but was even more interesting to me 'now anyway' is Varys' motivations...

Did anyone else find it interesting that when the bells tolled Vary's decided to board the ship instead of what seemed to be his initial motivation -head back to King's Landing proper. Why?

Maybe the bells informed him of Tywin's departure and since he was in the area - maybe he'd be suspected. This was my first thought - but it seems apparent to me first blame would fall on Tyrion. Always has even when it wasn't fair. And since it coincided with his escape Tyrion most likely will be blamed.

Or more likely, maybe he sees this as the end of the Lannister reign. One thing Vary's is good at is seeing more moves ahead than the other guys. Not to mention he is the spymaster. Maybe he knows Stannis is growing in power and is backed by the Iron Bank and can see the writing on the wall that we all can see.

And to leave with nothing more than what he was wearing? Maybe I'm wrong assuming this but it sure looked like he was cutting his losses or cutting his gains. Did anyone catch where that ship was headed?

I love that Jaimie was the one to come through for Tyrion. Dunno if any of you have brothers but I have 2. They are twin boys. They're couple years younger than me. I could completely empathize with that brother loyalty. I'm not one to hold a grudge even if you're not family. Only time must pass before any issue is forgiven. Life's too short and I'm a firm believer that 'hate' has no advantage in life. Maybe if it's life and death situation but for regular day to day life, hate is nothing more than a speed~bump for whatever is my goals -if not a closed road. But I am human. Thing is - family always gets a free pass. Obviously if a family member betrays you time and again you have to protect yourself but on the random issue - free pass for family - especially brother. Back to GOT

With Tywin gone - looks like Cercei won't be forced to marry whats-his-name. But if Stannis retakes KL future doesn't look bright for her anyway. I was sad for Jaimie when Cercei seduced him again. Deep in my heart I always knew Brienne/Jaimie relationship could never work but for a while it felt healthy again when the Twincestuous pair were not getting along.

Speaking of Brienne, I think I can speak for us all that we didn't want her to lose to the Hound. I for one didn't think that fight had to happen and didn't want it to because I didn't want to see the Hound die either. And really, we don't know for sure he's gone. The scene starts with Brienne learning her horses were gone. Did Arya and Hound snag the horses? Or were there other people in the area? If there were - maybe they save The Hound. Who knows. I'd hate to see his brother out-live him.

The Mountain - under the care of the witch doctor? A stronger Mountain? Scary. Obviously we have to wait a long time to see what comes of that. Maybe he doesn't even survive the procedure - whatever that procedure is.

I knew the Snow~Rayder meeting wasn't going to be a duel. I figured it'd be a negotiation. But had no idea Stannis was to show up. I can't wait to see what happens with the Wildlings. If I take a step back and look at the big picture .... If Stannis is the new king he'll need men on that wall. The Wildlings will need room to live without being killed by 'the deads' -But the Wildlings wont kneel to any king. Perhaps they come to an agreement to allow the free people through the gate so long as they defend wall. I wanted John Snow to agree to Rayder's offer - but Stannis interrupted that. Kinda lets Snow off the hook. I really don't see why they can't come to a mutual symbiotic resolution at least for that border area.

Bran finally reached his destination. I don't have much to say about it. The skeletons were cool. Sucks JoJen (zat his name?) died. How is Bran going to get out of there? Maybe he takes over for the tree dude?

And Khaleesi is learning how being mother of dragons doesn't mean she commands dragons. They might kill for her - but they don't 'not kill' for her. She is the "breaker of chains" and clearly was conflicted having to shackle her beloved lizards. She has to protect her people though. That was sad to see her having to allow some of her people be the slaves they'd rather be - and to have to chain her dragons in the catacombs. I wonder if these dragons end up resenting being locked down. They're still kinda small but soon - maybe she herself wont even be able to approach them. Can they be reasoned with at all? - ever?

Another Stark reunion was >< this close to happening but just at the last minute -wasn't to be yet again. Arya almost mapped a new course to Castle Black but out of convenience - or fate - Bravos it is...

And now our Watch has ended. .... till next April
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    That was fun

FINALLY - Tyrion gets revenge. Real revenge. Not a battle of wits. Real unadulterated revenge. But he still couldn't relish it - even being freed from Death Rowe he isn't giddy or excited. He's devastated. He learns Shay IS just a simple prostitute after all he's been through with her. Finally we get some kind of closure on the Tyrion front but was even more interesting to me 'now anyway' is Varys' motivations...

Did anyone else find it interesting that when the bells tolled Vary's decided to board the ship instead of what seemed to be his initial motivation -head back to King's Landing proper. Why?

Maybe Tywin wasn't going to kill Tyrion. I think Vary's was in with Tywin to get Tyrion out and exiled with Tywin retaining deniability. I don't think Tywin was lying about not killing his own. But, once the bells rang Vary's knew Tywin was gone and thus the only person with the power to keep him from being accused of helping Tyrion escape. With Tywin dead Vary's knows that not only will he be accused of helping Tyrion escape but now he's helped get Tywin murdered.

The Mountain - I bet he comes back less of a man, the irony.

Jon Snow - Life never gets easy for him. I just hope he doesn't get killed off.

The Hound - Arya is cold cold cold. The hound is who he is but I think he cared. She should have stuck him.

Bran - Eh, not to hip on his whole saga yet. Skeltons were cool.