Page 63 of 168 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

And how could I forget to mention The Mountain.

I can't wait till they unveil whatever is going on under that shroud
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I'd be inclined to think the only way the first 4 could be leaked is by a Game of Thrones insider.

Heck it was probably one of the young actors. How else could this possibly happen? I bet its their own fault. They've probably lost a LOT of money over this. Especially with the exclusive medium outlet. It's probably one of their own that failed them. I roll my eyes at HBO for wagging their finger. Is this supposed to scare people?

I say get your own house in order before you start a wild goose chase
    They were rips of reviewer copies. All the major critics got them and you can read some of those reviews of 1-4 collected at Rotten Tomatoes etc. If they do it again at all, next season they will probably only release one episode in advance and limit the quantity to only the most important top critics.
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-23-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Spoilers warning

I wanted to briefly talk about Sansa Stark. Think about what she's already been through. After her adventures with Joffrey and watching he and his Lannisters kill her father, and brother and mother... being forced to wed the Imp ...... and now she has to marry probably the only person in Game of Thrones who could be considered even more 'sick in the head' for violence ........ Ramsey Bolton. What a life.
    My thought exactly -it's so horrible!

Jaimie is one of those characters that you hate, you like, you respect, you disrespect......... I think this season is aiming him down the hate/disrespect path. But it's not like he's never shocked us. We'll see.
    I read in an interview with George Martin that he LOVES "grey"characters, citing Boromir in LotR as his favorite. This is why his series is full of them; very few are wholly evil, or totally good. Even the pure sweet Sansa lied about her aunt's death to protect Littlefinger, so everyone is little bit screwed up.

EPisode 5 comments:

Finally after a month some us can get fresh doses of this 'crack' again!

The Ramsay Snow/Bolton sadistic psychopath and "Reek" scenes have disgusted me for too long! Now I pray Stannis Baratheon's army wipes out the whole Bolton clan and crucifies Ramsay at the gates of Winterfell! Please let us be rid of him completely! But that would be too simple wouldn't it? He'll probably escape dragging Sansa with him into the wilderness to make her life even more miserable, and ours too.

I loved the visit by Tyrion and Jorah to the ruins of old Valyria complete with a dragon flying overhead (Daenerys' rogue child or some other brood?) and melee with stone men! It felt like an old Robert E Howard Conan tale for a moment -loved that shift into classic fantasy!

2nd week in a row I've not had time to watch GoT!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    EPisode 5 comments:

Finally after a month some us can get fresh doses of this 'crack' again!

The Ramsay Snow/Bolton sadistic psychopath and "Reek" scenes have disgusted me for too long! Now I pray Stannis Baratheon's army wipes out the whole Bolton clan and crucifies Ramsay at the gates of Winterfell! Please let us be rid of him completely! But that would be too simple wouldn't it? He'll probably escape dragging Sansa with him into the wilderness to make her life even more miserable, and ours too.

I loved the visit by Tyrion and Jorah to the ruins of old Valyria complete with a dragon flying overhead (Daenerys' rogue child or some other brood?) and melee with stone men! It felt like an old Robert E Howard Conan tale for a moment -loved that shift into classic fantasy!
    YES! that would be too simple. I'm quite surprised how confident the Bolton's seemed to be the night pops asked son to aid him in battle. Stannis' troops looked TIGHT when they took over the Wildlings. They had that flank maneuver -came out of nowhere and it was over before it started. I don't see how the Boltons have a chance - but like you say- even if the Bolton's are overthrown, Ramsay lives - His dad's pregnant wife probably dies (at Ramsey's hand during battle) and yeah- he'll drag Sansa away kickin and screaming into the snow. Hopefully she doesn't marry before this battle.

It'll be interesting to see how Littlefinger survives his trip to HighSparrow Landing. He might be considered one of the worst offenders of all those who were killed earlier in the season. I expect he lives - he's too valuable a character (that logic doesn't really hold up when you consider PapaStark though). If he doesn't survive - I wonder if Sansa is ready to make her own destiny now.

I'm enjoying Stannis and John Snow stories. It was cool to see the King tell the Sam to keep reading - Sam making an impact with the talents he does have.
    Red 98

The HBO series is catching up with the books. The Winds of Winter may come out this year. It is my understanding it will be the penultimate novel in the series.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The HBO series is catching up with the books. The Winds of Winter may come out this year. It is my understanding it will be the penultimate novel in the series.
    There was a rumor to that effect but George Martin basically shot it down in his "Not a Blog" some months ago. He's a Jets fan and likes to write about them too, btw. I honestly don't think Winds will be done until 2016 --at the soonest...at least I wouldn't hedge bets on it seeing print this year. And the final volume A Dream of Spring (also slated to be another 1500 pg monster) likely wont see print until circa 2023 -if he lives that long. He's prone to distractions, most of those of his own making like the parties and events at his theater in Santa Fe, and numerous side projects. See:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Win...blication_date

This worries people of course, but from what I've read in interviews with him and the series writers is that they've all met numerous times in recent years and he has revealed the outcomes for most of the plotlines and resolutions for characters -to the extent that he knows them himself anyway! So the writers have enough essential content to be able to finish the series. They'll have to improvise many details to flesh it out and make their own decisions of course, but they've already been deviating from the books and doing a fine job with that so I'm confident the series will end well in season 7, or 8?

Game of Thrones Creators Confirm the Show Will Spoil the Books
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-12-2015 at 11:30 AM.

YES! that would be too simple. I'm quite surprised how confident the Bolton's seemed to be the night pops asked son to aid him in battle. Stannis' troops looked TIGHT when they took over the Wildlings. They had that flank maneuver -came out of nowhere and it was over before it started. I don't see how the Boltons have a chance - but like you say- even if the Bolton's are overthrown, Ramsay lives - His dad's pregnant wife probably dies (at Ramsey's hand during battle) and yeah- he'll drag Sansa away kickin and screaming into the snow. Hopefully she doesn't marry before this battle.

It'll be interesting to see how Littlefinger survives his trip to HighSparrow Landing. He might be considered one of the worst offenders of all those who were killed earlier in the season. I expect he lives - he's too valuable a character (that logic doesn't really hold up when you consider PapaStark though). If he doesn't survive - I wonder if Sansa is ready to make her own destiny now.

I'm enjoying Stannis and John Snow stories. It was cool to see the King tell the Sam to keep reading - Sam making an impact with the talents he does have.
    Jon Snow (probably my favorite character) and Stannis plotlines are a couple of my favorites too. Not a fan of Sam and Gilly but his lore is proving useful and he is the only one who's taken down a WW!

It's hard to say who has the greater force in the upcoming battle -Boltons or Stannis, they've seemed to suggest both! I'll give the edge to Stannis because the red witch and her shadow magic if used here, and all the Northerners who loved the Starks and hate the Boltons could be a 5th column for Stannis. It made no sense for him to drag his wife and daughter along into this battle though -how is that safer than Castle Black or Eastwatch!?

The Daenerys stuff is puzzling too. First Selmy warns her not become like her father and burn people alive, next we see her turning the Mereen elders into barbecue kibble for her dragons! THEN she intends to marry one for no real advantage that she doesn't already possess. SMH.

No King's Landing this episode for the first time since the battle of the Wall, and no Arya -she's now been in 2/5 this season.
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-12-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Itís my belief (and hope ) that The Winds of Winter will come out some time before Season 6 of the show starts.

Book 5 (A Dance with Dragons) came out in 2011, and the last 2 books have taken ~5-6 years each. That alone is enough to extrapolate out a 2016 release for Book 6. But, thereís something else too. For the most part the show is in Books 4 & 5 for this season (with some exceptions Ė e.g. Sansa). And while the show has changed details/events/characters it does seem to me that the overall arc is still in line with the books. In other words, the show isnít going to ďspoilĒ much this season.

But, next season is a completely different story. Iím pretty sure that we will be entirely ďcaught upĒ by the time this season ends. The showís 6th season will almost certainly delve into plotlines from The Winds of Winter. Even though the show runners have changed some things (and will continue to do so) it will be almost impossible to continue the story past this season without revealing major plot developments that havenít been published in the books yet.

I seriously doubt George wants that to happen, and his words and actions have said as much. The real problem will surface a year later when Season 7 of the show is upon us and Book 7 will be presumably years away from completion.

Some overzealous fans have predicted release dates based on complex formulas involving Georgeís progress reports, page counts, past writing speeds, etc., but for me Ė Iím going to be using my gut.

At the absolute earliest and still highly unlikely: Christmas of this year.
    Most likely: Some time between Christmas 2015 and March of 2016.

Now, regarding the show: Iím loving it! Theyíve changed just enough to make it unpredictable for me Ė and thus, somewhat more enjoyable and exciting. The production value and quality of acting keeps getting better too.

Something Iíve noticed lately too is that many of the non-book reading show watchers have realized that the show doesnít waste a scene or a line. Basically, if itís talked about or shown on screen then itís important. Thatís significant because thatís how the books are as well. It may not seem that way on the first read (or first viewing), but thatís the reality of this highly complex and sprawling story. Layers upon layers upon layers. With that said, the show is really hinting at some huge (so-called) fan theories, and I find that pretty exciting too.

One other thing (I could write and talk about this story endlessly)Ö Do any of you watch or listen to any of the show reviews and podcasts? If youíre interested then Iíd like to recommend a few. History of Westeros, What The Flick, Game of Owns and The Issues Guy. Look them up, but keep in mind that these are all quite lengthy discussions that provide in-depth analysis. Itís probably a little too much for some of you so if youíre looking for something a little shorter and more concise then Emergency Awesome does some nice stuff as well. There are SO MANY of these reviews out there so if youíre watching/listening to something that you really enjoy then please share it with me. Iím always looking for more discussion and new takes on the show and story.

Winter is Coming!

As always - spoilers.......

I've got to think especially after seeing the end of tonite's episode, Theon might just redeem himself at some point. He's installed inside the inner sanctum of the Bolton braintrust - albeit on a servant or lesser capacity - he still exists 'there'. Maybe Ramsay is a little over confident with Theon's rebirth into Reek. Obviously Theon was very torn to see Sansa's wedding consummation. I thought he might even stab him in the back at that very instant - in fact the credits started rolling before the act was complete so that might even still be possible but- you might think it'd have happened as a tease for the next ep.

Maybe during Stannis' attack at Winterfell will Reek find an opening to turn the tide of the entire battle. Maybe he can be a player again. Or if he doesn't even

And Tyrion -poor Tyrion. And his magic powered something. Turns out he gets to live a little longer - at least until they find that specialized merchant ROFL. There he was again though, proving his power to change the game as usual. Using his wit and intelligence to stay alive and even empower himself from a position of total loss.

more to come - i gotta burn the road up for now
    Red 98

As always - spoilers.......

I've got to think especially after seeing the end of tonite's episode, Theon might just redeem himself at some point. He's installed inside the inner sanctum of the Bolton braintrust - albeit on a servant or lesser capacity - he still exists 'there'. Maybe Ramsay is a little over confident with Theon's rebirth into Reek. Obviously Theon was very torn to see Sansa's wedding consummation. I thought he might even stab him in the back at that very instant - in fact the credits started rolling before the act was complete so that might even still be possible but- you might think it'd have happened as a tease for the next ep.

Maybe during Stannis' attack at Winterfell will Reek find an opening to turn the tide of the entire battle. Maybe he can be a player again. Or if he doesn't even

And Tyrion -poor Tyrion. And his magic powered something. Turns out he gets to live a little longer - at least until they find that specialized merchant ROFL. There he was again though, proving his power to change the game as usual. Using his wit and intelligence to stay alive and even empower himself from a position of total loss.

more to come - i gotta burn the road up for now
    So awful!!! What a way to end the episode! Theon certainly NEEDS to stab Ramsay ASAP! I was hoping the alarm would sound for Stannis' attack during the wedding to abort it -no such luck!

Rough episode on all fronts actually-- Tyrion, the Dorne mission (not sure if I'm rooting for them -I like Bronn but not Jaimie) and yet another of Cersei's evil plots coming to fruition. But I suspect this move will backfire on her and lead to her downfall...one can only hope!

Interesting to see more of Littlefinger's gameplan revealed -the Vale and the North is basically half of Westeros (south of the Wall)!
    Last edited by L.M.; 05-18-2015 at 12:44 AM.

Yeah Cercei lol. I sense her path could be coming to a close, but she's so talented at being evil, she doesn't even need much time to affect evil to her surroundings. If it is time for her, I bet she doesn't go down without taking as much with her as possible.

Up till now it's been the characters around her to reign her in just enough to make her effective while still being out of reach. But now that she's left to her own devices, there's no governor to keep her from staying outside the lines and she's too extreme to know when is too much.

Queen is in custody -wow.
    Red 98

I suspect that Cersei may soon regret restoring the Faith Militant and that could be part of her undoing due to her own considerable sins. The Tyrells could ensure that charges of incest are brought against her as retribution, and cousin Lancel in the Faith may be forced to tell the truth of it in another inquiry!

Her hatred for Margaery has made her blind to the fact that she's bitten the hand that feeds her! An embargo of desperately needed resources from the Reach or worse, an army from High Garden marching on King's Landing, slaughtering the Faith Militant in the city, and arresting her, could be in the cards as the net result of her machinations.

It's the moment we've all been waiting for.........!!!!!

Well at least, the beginning of the end.........

JUSTICE

I'll leave it like this for a few hours BBS!!
    Red 98