Page 94 of 168 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2519

Thread: Game of Thrones

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

There are more Valyrian steel swords hidden in the world of the seven kingdoms and beyond.
    Blackfyre, Brightroar, Dark Sister and several others have been lost in various uprisings, skirmishes or wars. They could always turn up to stem the tide of the white walker army, or remain hidden for the rest of the epic tale.
    2 out of 3.

Excellent Map LM ! Especially when you click on it. Wow !!
    You're right, House Tarly is way down south on the border of Dorne.
    All these sea voyages by Jaime and Sam threw off my compass.
    I should have realized this by how lush and green the estate of Tarly was.
    I also thought Dorne was separated by sea.
    Tarly will side with Tyrell and the Lannisters.
    I just don't see the value of the Sam/Gilly story line at all now.

As for the Valyrian Steel vs the White Walkers, not many blades.
    But how many actual White Walkers are out there ?
    We saw 13 riders in one scene with the Night's King.
    We know Sam killed one, Gilly killed one and Jon killed one.
    How many baby boys could Craster's factory pump out ?
    How fast do they mature ?
    Valyrian steel could be a factor, or not ?
    The Wights are huge in number we know, but how many White Walkers are leading them ?

We saw at Hardhome that the Walkers show grief for their own but not the Wights.
    We saw at Hardhome that the Walkers are impervious to fire.
    They actually seem to diminish fire as they pass through.

The White Walkers are definitely coming, what can stop them ?

Is Dany the only hope for Westeros ?
    Can Dragon Fire stop the White Walkers ?
    Dany's Dragons are so big now they can do some serious earth scorching !

We'll see.

Hope to see Arya do in the Waif and escape.
    She will use her Faceless skills to hide out, find Gendry and work on her list.

Interesting that Jaime, Jon, Sansa, and Brienne are all converging to the Riverlands.
    Mel said that she would follow Jon. Also looks like the Free Folk will follow Jon.

Could Theon and Yara show up in Meereen with the Greyjoy fleet ?

Hope Ramsay gets his due but I'm worried that will be too easy for GRRM's style.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Next to “The Red Woman,” which ran only 50 minutes, “The Broken Man” is the shortest episode of the season.

wont be long now

Official stills
    Last edited by dizzolve; 06-05-2016 at 05:48 AM.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Sorry AZ I missed that little snippet and was mainly focused on that map you posted which oddly included one lost sword but not the other two.

Apparently the books mention that there are several hundred Valyrian Steel blades left in the world, with a couple hundred in Westeros. These may include more than swords - miscellaneous weapons like axes, daggers etc. We saw a Valyrian Steel dagger used in an assassination attempt against Bran in Season 1. I'm not sure what the showrunners have decided about the quantity of weapons and perhaps decided to make them far more scarce?

If White Walkers are immortal or extremely long-lived then there could be hundreds even thousands of them which have spent centuries hibernating until the cycles bring brutal Winters and Long Nights so they can attack South.

And yes they can suppress normal fire -we just saw that again as they penetrated the Children's fire wall:

And they can shatter regular steel and possess incredible strength like supervillains!

But Bran's recent visions was an even, alternating juxtaposition of Dragons & Wildfire, and White Walkers & Wights -fire vs. ice! The implication of this "message" could simply be that the former needs to be used to stop the latter.

I've felt like the Sam and Gilly storyline is there because it's easy filler now that they lack source material to adapt. Or maybe Sam will find something amazingly useful at the Citadel which will be instrumental to the endgame? I have to wonder if Jorah will search for his cure there as well...seems like the best place to find that as I'm sure maesters have studied that disease there.

6.5 more hours to go!!!
    Last edited by L.M.; 06-05-2016 at 11:52 AM.

I've felt like the Sam and Gilly storyline is there because it's easy filler now that they lack source material to adapt. Or maybe Sam will find something amazingly useful at the Citadel which will be instrumental to the endgame? I have to wonder if Jorah will search for his cure there as well...seems like the best place to find that as I'm sure maesters have studied that disease there.
    The show writers seem focus a lot on romances. The one between Grey Worm and Missandei. Now, Tormund has this thing going for Brienne that could take up a lot of air time down the road. I have no idea what's to come of the Sam/Gilly deal, but good filler would've been Brynden Tully's resurgence, or the Brotherhood Without Banners. There's an entire BWB story arc that's been going on behind the scenes since season 1.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 06-05-2016 at 11:57 AM.

2 hours to go !!!!

Sundays are a toture for me now haha

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    The show writers seem focus a lot on romances. The one between Grey Worm and Missandei. Now, Tormund has this thing going for Brienne that could take up a lot of air time down the road. I have no idea what's to come of the Sam/Gilly deal, but good filler would've been Brynden Tully's resurgence, or the Brotherhood Without Banners. There's an entire BWB story arc that's been going on behind the scenes since season 1.
    Good God I hope not! That's meant to be a joke I think -I hope! Brienne/Jaime stuff might happen though... and probably end tragically with one dying in the others' arms.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    2 hours to go !!!!

Sundays are a toture for me now haha
    It's as bad as waiting for Broncos games to start!

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    But Bran's recent visions was an even, alternating juxtaposition of Dragons & Wildfire, and White Walkers & Wights -fire vs. ice! The implication of this "message" could simply be that the former needs to be used to stop the latter.

I've felt like the Sam and Gilly storyline is there because it's easy filler now that they lack source material to adapt.

I think you've nailed it LM. Fire and Ice !!!
    Now, what if the White Walkers are good guys and Dany's invading force on Westoros are the bad guys ?
    Dany won't be content to stop at King's Landing.
    Or maybe both are bad guys ? Or not lol ?

AND if the show needed "filler" we should have had more time for Bran and the Three Eyed Raven.
    What an awesome way to bring in all the back stories.
    Anyway, Bran is the Three Eyed Raven now, ready or not !

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Now, Tormund has this thing going for Brienne that could take up a lot of air time down the road.

PLEASE, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Ive' been thinking the same for weeks now !!!
    ONE MORE HOUR.........

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

except you wait twice as long

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    Now, what if the White Walkers are good guys and Dany's invading force on Westoros are the bad guys ?
    Dany won't be content to stop at King's Landing.
    Or maybe both are bad guys ? Or not lol ?
    Dany is definitely prone to the Targaryen madness of her forbears and she may spiral down to the level of a ruthless tyrant. I'm now starting to suspect that she may meet a tragic end...something that seemed unimaginable before. "And she lived happily ever after with Jon in their beautiful castle by the Sea" is probably not in the cards.

The Walkers by contrast don't wish to conquer and rule as she does, they are simply killing everyone in their path so far....but that's their ancient "programming" isn't it?

Clegaaaaaaane boooowl

...Again a super short episode

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    ...Again a super short episode
    And the most unsatisfying one I've seen this season. I didn't get anything I wanted!

SoOoo clever Arya -betray an assassin's guild, then walk around everywhere in broad daylight without a disguise.

And the most unsatisfying one I've seen this season. I didn't get anything I wanted!

SoOoo clever Arya -betray an assassin's guild, then walk around everywhere in broad daylight without a disguise.

Yeh was pretty meh for me...I mean sure the hound being back is awesome and confirms the clegane bowl, but the rest was just meh.

- Blackfish was awesome, Bron was awesome, Jaime was awesome slapping the Frey fool.

-The north....Screw them, the glover turning their back and saying house stark was dead pissed me off, and blaming rob ? Yeh he made a mistake breaking his oath, but he is not the one that slaughters the glovers at the twins, that was the bolton, how can that dude still support them ?

D&D piss me off in that storyline, why are the Manderlys and the whole the northen conspiracy being kept out ? I want to hear wyman manderly's awesome speech man

My only hope is Davos goes on a solo recruiting mission to them