View Poll Results: How long do we give Tebow to prove that he is the answer?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • End of this season

22 13.10%
  • Until the end of next season

106 63.10%
  • 2 years

25 14.88%
  • 3+ years

15 8.93%
Page 1 of 572 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Has anyone ever meet Tim Tebow?

I know, I know another Tim Tebow thread.... BUT... Has anyone ever meet the guy? I'd be curious to see what people besides those in the media have to say?????
    Go Broncos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies3384 View Post
    I know, I know another Tim Tebow thread.... BUT... Has anyone ever meet the guy? I'd be curious to see what people besides those in the media have to say?????
    There are is a story on here about him taking note for a girl in his class he barley knew.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

One of the guys on this forum who's a huge gator fan says he has. His username is GatorChomp I think. He and I have supported Tebow from the very beginning.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Yeah dude me and Tim kick it on the weekends in malibu.

I met Tebow, i went to minicamp last week and we talked about how he's going to win 5 SB's and be the greatest QB of all-time.. He cant wait to prove the critics wrong. :salute!:

I talk to tebow every night before i sleep and every morning.

Doesn't everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    Yeah dude me and Tim kick it on the weekends in malibu.
    Better be careful I hear it's "real" in the "Bu."
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I met Tebow, i went to minicamp last week and we talked about how he's going to win 5 SB's and be the greatest QB of all-time.. He cant wait to prove the critics wrong. :salute!:
    hahaha! Well that would give the Broncos 7 SB's more than any other team! Go Tim!
    Go Broncos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies3384 View Post
    hahaha! Well that would give the Broncos 7 SB's more than any other team! Go Tim!
    And they have to be back to back! We're a repeat only franchise. None of that year off crap, that's not accecptable! I mean since the bar is set so high, why not go all out.
    #swapping

I've only gotten to meet his parents.. But I know you will never come upon a more competitive person than he is....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love orange and blue!
    #151 TEAM TEBOW
    :go:

I met him about a month ago. A few friends and I were at a nice restaurant and in walks Urban Meyer, Tebow and a few others I didn't recognize. We were respectful of their privacy while they were eating. Many others were not and approached him asking for autographs etc. He was nice to every one of them. They left before us and were standing around outside. It was pretty amazing to see how people flock to Tebow. At first there were just a couple of people standing around. After about 5 minutes there were 30-40 people trying to meet him. Luckily my friend and I were able to talk to him for a minute before too many people started approaching him.

I just told him it was good to meet him and wished him luck with the draft (this was at the end of March). My buddy said "Tim, I don't mean to sound like a goober but can we get our picture taken with you?" He just laughed and said "yeah man, no problem" (tried to attach the picture but it is too big...that's what she said)...I guess what struck me was that you always hear how approachable he is but until you see it first hand, you just kind of take it for granted. I mean the guy can't go anywhere without being mobbed. I would lose it and start screaming at people to leave me alone. Tebow just smiles, takes time to answer your questions if you ask him something, is happy to take a picture with you, whatever. Seems like he gets satisfaction from knowing he made someones day better even if it wears on him some. Sorry for the long first post.

Edit: looks like the pic did attach
    Last edited by GooneyGooGoo; 05-08-2010 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    There are is a story on here about him taking note for a girl in his class he barley knew.

It was me. One step removed from first hand, I'm the teller of the story below, and our firm hired the intern.

We hired a summer intern from the University of Florida, a black female. She is older than Tebow, but her tenure there overlapped his, and she had a class with him. So I asked her about him (obviously interested), and she told told me the usual stuff -- he is the ultimate BMOC, everybody in the whole school worships him, he's friendly around campus, etc.

Then she said she had a class with him, a large one. She never spoke to him, he just came to class like any other student. Then she was stricken with mono, a terrible sickness, and missed a whole week of class.

When she returned to her first day back, Tim Tebow came up to her after class, one on one. He said "I couldn't help but notice you've been absent a long time. Would you like to get copies of my notes?" She said he had taken good notes in his own hand, and expressed genuine concern for her illness. She thanked him.

That was pretty much the end of it -- they didn't become buddies or really speak again.

True story.

I met him at an autograph signing/pic opportunity at the end of March in Palm Beach, FL where I live. My avatar is my picture with him. When I went up to get my autograph, I gave him a poster that my students had signed ( I teach 3rd graders) that said "Tim, We wish you the best in the NFL and all that you do!" Signed from my class, all in orange and blue etc. When I gave it to him, he was interested and really looked at it which I appreciated. I told him my students had also made cards for the kids in the orphanage in the Philippines that he goes and visits on his mission trips and he said that was wonderful. I thanked him, said he was a huge inspiration to me and he thanked me. When I got my pic with him, I gave him a bracelet that said Strength since one of his favorite verses is "I can do all things thru Christ which strengthens me" and told him I would see him at an event he is speaking at at the end of May here in Florida and he said that was great and that was it. Little did I know, the photographer was still snapping pics when I was talking to him, so I have a real cool picture of him holding the bracelet while I am talking to him. He is very genuine, willing to talk to you, doesn't see it as a burden but in fact the exact opposite. He has this way of making you feel like he is focusing all his attention on you at that moment, which is a great gift to have.

Here are my other pics the photographer took- unfortunately in the 2nd one I was blinking, otherwise that would have been a cool pic. I also added my avatar so you could see it bigger.
    Last edited by ChristyL17; 05-08-2010 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    One of the guys on this forum who's a huge gator fan says he has. His username is GatorChomp I think. He and I have supported Tebow from the very beginning.
    since 87, huh?