Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Yeah but that's what we all thought about Jamal Williams

I pretty much agree with all of this. MeBane was 5 years $25 mill, Warren was 2 years $10 mill. Both pay $5 mill a year, but MeBane obliterates Warren as a signing IMO.

And I definitely agree with the point on the Pats cutting him. They cut Green last year and we were all hell yeah woohoo great DE! Then we cut him before the season started after giving him like a $20 mill contract. Maroney burned us as well, and they cut Randy Moss at just the perfect time last year.

Only thing I can think is maybe they figured with Haynesworth on the squad Warren was expendable. I think Aubrayo Franklin would have been better off with this money as well.

I'm not saying I hate it, I'm okay with it, I'm just not sure if I'm down with tossing $5 mill a year at a 30 year old DT who missed all of last year, when Brandon Mebane just got signed back to Seattle for $5 mill a year.

Warren used to be one of the more dominant 3-4 DE's in the NFL early in his career (2006 in particular), but he's tapered off since then.

Here's hoping it all works out
    The difference is Warren is only guaranteed 2.5 mil. Meaning if he doesn't do good or gets hurt we cut him after one season and we only owe him the 5 mil. I don't know how much guarantee Mebane got,but i can guarantee you it's more than 2.5 mil. I like this new approach giving guys shorter contracts with less guarantee.
    [IMG]http://www.kaitlynpaige.net/!cid_image001.gif[/IMG]

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    That is true doom had no snaps... But he hasnt been battling injuries the past 3 season like warren. warren is old and done.....Just dont see what is so great about this pick up, hell I dont even see what is good about this one. He will not be a starter week 1 I will cp bet anyone, and the only way he gets any starts is if there are 2+ injuries at the position
    He is cheap. So if he doesn't work out, we don't lose a whole lot.
    [IMG]http://www.kaitlynpaige.net/!cid_image001.gif[/IMG]

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newmexbronco View Post
    2yr 10 mill is that vet minium if so does that mean he thinks we are a contender this year or next??? rememeber he wnted to go to a contender :paper:
    That's not minimum, I believe its 500K.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Looking forward to playing my big bro Ty Warren! Leggo!! #aggienation #orangecrush #Legionofdoom

http://twitter.com/#!/MillerLite40

I love this too but its spelled wrong. Should be legion of dum(ervil). IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Bokyong View Post
    He is cheap. So if he doesn't work out, we don't lose a whole lot.
    This is true...plus we are getting to the point that we have to spend money to get to the floor and it isnt like we have any young players worthy of locking up long term besides Clady....Money gotta get spent somewhere
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

This is true...plus we are getting to the point that we have to spend money to get to the floor and it isnt like we have any young players worthy of locking up long term besides Clady....Money gotta get spent somewhere
    There is no floor until 2013.

clady is one royal may be another depending on how well he does this year but shouldn't be pricey. You also have other young players who will potentially boom and call for bigger contracts. Just because you have it dont mean you need to spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    clady is one royal may be another depending on how well he does this year but shouldn't be pricey. You also have other young players who will potentially boom and call for bigger contracts. Just because you have it dont mean you need to spend it.
    Only clady. You dont give Royal a raise cause he hasnt done anything in 2 years. Clady is the only young player that you talk about extending......The rest are not even close to worthy

Quote Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a 95% floor this year, 90% floor next year and then an 85% floor in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a 95% floor this year, 90% floor next year and then an 85% floor in 2013.
    Nope, there's no floor whatsoever until 2013

Only clady. You dont give Royal a raise cause he hasnt done anything in 2 years. Clady is the only young player that you talk about extending......The rest are not even close to worthy
    With a 4-12 record,i cant find myself arguing that point with you.I agree

Quote Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Nope, there's no floor whatsoever until 2013
    Well if that is true then there goes the one positive thing to signing him.....Oh well it is only a one year deal.....Just dont like the idea of having no young talent to develop. But at least he isnt taking snaps from someone that might be a player for us

And ROYAL ...man stop hatin on him, everyone is saying he is looking real good back outside and is CLEARLY the second best wr over someone me and you both like alot in Eric Decker

Not to mention how you gna call 60 catches and 700yds behind two guys, one with 1400yds n the other 70rec nothing? How is that nothing? ...Eddie will prove the haters wrong beyond doubt this year but then watch cuz he'll be so sought after by all the other teams we may not be able to keep him...if Eddie was a FA WR THIS YEAR HE'D STILL be at the top of the list just underneath S. Holmes ...guarenteed
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 08-02-2011 at 10:25 PM.