View Poll Results: Do You Like Kyle Orton Starting?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

152 40.97%
  • No

219 59.03%
Page 1 of 169 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Orton Support Threads (merged)

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who was on M&M this morning, all the Broncos want Orton starting and no part of Tebow under center.

Huh?
    Last edited by kingelway7; 08-03-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

First off, that's not the players call, it's the coaches. The coaches obviously want to go with Orton this year, let him walk next year, and draft a QB early. Trade Tebow to a team that wants to take a chance on him and will give him a shot like the Bills (poor guy) because this is out of hand. It's not his fault Denver drafted him....and now it seems they want him gone. Do everyone a favor and figure it the eff out EFX.
    Last edited by jetdrumz; 08-03-2011 at 06:05 AM.
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, all the Broncos want Orton starting and no part of Tebow under center.

Uhhh....Link? If this report's true, I'm guessing Chris Mortensen's source is Kyle Orton.

Why would any other player ever share their deep inner-most secrets and opinions with Chris Mortensen?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    Uhhh....Link? If this report's true, I'm guessing Chris Mortensen's source is Kyle Orton.

Why would any other player ever share their deep inner-most secrets and opinions with Chris Mortensen?
    Sorry, forgot to mention he was on Mike & Mike. Ill have to edit my post.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by jetdrumz View Post
    First off, that's not the players call, it's the coaches. The coaches obviously want to go with Orton this year, let him walk next year, and draft a QB early. Trade Tebow to a team that wants to take a chance on him and will give him a shot like the Bills (poor guy) because this is out of hand. It's not his fault Denver drafted him....and now it seems they want him gone. Do everyone a favor and figure it the eff out EFX.
    I agree, it has gotten beyond ridiculous. It is not his fault the fans want him and not Orton. If it is causing a problem and splitting the locker room then put him on the block and see if there are any takers ..doesnt matter who the QB is if the team cant get along they arent going to play as a unit

Sorry, forgot to mention he was on Mike & Mike. Ill have to edit my post.
    That's cool. Thanks for that info. I'm still guessing Mort's source was Kyle Orton. That would be genius on Kyle's part though. Think about it. You don't talk to Tebow at all. Then you start trying to convince him that everyone hates him and no one wants any part of him as a QB. And you use the media to do it.

It's a total db move, but I think Kyle's been less than classy in his treatment of Tebow anyway and qualifies as a db. You don't treat a teammate the way Orton's treating Tebow. Tebow never did anything to Orton and even publicly said he wished Orton success.

Didn't Lloyd say he would prefer Tebow to start at various points throughout the offseason? All the defensive players/veterans seem to love Tebow's intensity and work ethic. I would guess he's just talking about the offense but I can't see why the offensive line would want Orton at QB, he'll make them look worse. Some WRs seem to prefer Orton, others seem to like Tebow. I guess the RBs would like Orton as the QB because teams won't stack the box.

Idk it just seems like Mort is making up crap to stir the pot. There isn't any way he's talked to every single Bronco player. Maybe he's working with Denver to increase Orton's value so the Dolphins try and get this deal done

Quote Originally Posted by jetdrumz View Post
    I don't think EFX or the players want him gone. Atleast not yet. But if the majority of players favor orton and feel orton gives them the best chance to win and orton is showing that he can give them the best chance to win then trading orton or giving tebow the starting job will make for a very unhappy team. That's saying if this is all true. I'm sure at this point in there career champ and Dawkins want to win. And I feel like the broncos are lucky that champ even resigned with them since he could easily went to a contender and started. Players opinions account for alot especially if its the majority.

That's cool. Thanks for that info. I'm still guessing Mort's source was Kyle Orton. That would be genius on Kyle's part though. Think about it. You don't talk to Tebow at all. Then you start trying to convince him that everyone hates him and no one wants any part of him as a QB. And you use the media to do it.

It's a total db move, but I think Kyle's been less than classy in his treatment of Tebow anyway and qualifies as a db. You don't treat a teammate the way Orton's treating Tebow. Tebow never did anything to Orton and even publicly said he wished Orton success.
    I may have partly miss reported this I just realized.

Mort was on Mike & Mike and I caught the back end of the Orton/Tebow convo. Towards the end of the Orton/Tebow convo, it popped up on the screen and said "New Report: Broncos players want KO as starter. Do not want TT"

I looked everywhere online for that supposed new report and found nothing. So Im kind of assuming Mort reported that when he first came on Mike & Mike.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Didn't Lloyd say he would prefer Tebow to start at various points throughout the offseason? All the defensive players/veterans seem to love Tebow's intensity and work ethic. I would guess he's just talking about the offense but I can't see why the offensive line would want Orton at QB, he'll make them look worse. Some WRs seem to prefer Orton, others seem to like Tebow. I guess the RBs would like Orton as the QB because teams won't stack the box.

Idk it just seems like Mort is making up crap to stir the pot. There isn't any way he's talked to every single Bronco player. Maybe he's working with Denver to increase Orton's value so the Dolphins try and get this deal done
    I hate to say it, but Lloyd seems like a politician to me. He gauges which way the wind blows, and then acts accordingly.

Again, look at my post. If Orton is Mort's source, no one's going to find out. Or if Orton's agent is Mort's source, then Orton gets to play mind games, he keeps his hands clean, and Mort gets a story that no one else has. Everyone wins in that scenario.

We'll see what Tebow's about in the next year or so.

I may have partly miss reported this I just realized.

Mort was on Mike & Mike and I caught the back end of the Orton/Tebow convo. Towards the end of the Orton/Tebow convo, it popped up on the screen and said "New Report: Broncos players want KO as starter. Do not want TT"

I looked everywhere online for that supposed new report and found nothing. So Im kind of assuming Mort reported that when he first came on Mike & Mike.
    Ughhh...sensationalism of our media! Now it makes sense!

Broncos players want Orton because he's been the best out there on the field. I agree with them. But the media is taking it to the next level by saying "if they want Orton, then they don't want Tebow" and then reporting it. Ridiculous!

Thanks for piecing this thing together.

I hate to say it, but Lloyd seems like a politician to me. He gauges which way the wind blows, and then acts accordingly.

Again, look at my post. If Orton is Mort's source, no one's going to find out. Or if Orton's agent is Mort's source, then Orton gets to play mind games, he keeps his hands clean, and Mort gets a story that no one else has. Everyone wins in that scenario.

We'll see what Tebow's about in the next year or so.
    It just depends on who Lloyd either thinks had a better day or whoever threw him the ball the most. Lloyd doesn't really care about who's starting as long as he gets the ball imo

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who was on M&M this morning, all the Broncos want Orton starting and no part of Tebow under center.

Huh?
    You mean a drafted QB will need to sit on the bench a few years to improve his game? I guess we never seen this before in the NFL, what a revolution!

Honestly, what is the big deal? I guess there was a clause in the new CBA where the media gets hammered with the stupid stick. These guys have had what? Five practices? Can't we even get to preseason before we determine the season? I feel like we already played a full season. Its like the media is jocking for attention since football is finally back.

Please note, find me where anyone in Broncos said that Tim was going to start? I can't find one and the media has been pushing these crap even before we knew there would be a season. I am turning off any media source and not even going to listen to this anymore.

What a disaster!

What do these so called Experts really Know???

ESPN only cares about the Giants, Patriots, Jets and Eagles!

ESPN Is Crap....
    "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers