View Poll Results: Do You Like Kyle Orton Starting?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

152 40.97%
  • No

219 59.03%
Page 41 of 169 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmo View Post
    Just because someone thinks Tebow is a better choice doesn't make them Tebow fans and not Broncos fans. I've been a Broncos fan since I was a little kid and I think Tebow should start. I hated Tebow with all my heart up until 5 minutes after we drafted him. (The first 4 and a half minutes was me moaning "Whyyyyyyy") Tebow is a winner, Orton isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    That's how I felt, I couldn't stand Tebow until he was a Bronco, then I saw his heart and his drive and started liking the guy, it something we haven't had in a QB in a long time.

I don't really see, based solely off last year, how exactly Orton is the better QB.
    I didn't say everyone that supported Tebow was just a Tebow fan. Hell, up until camp started, I was hoping that Orton would be traded and Tebow would start so we could see if he was a potential franchise quarterback.

Then after camp started and all the reports said that Tim wasn't making hardly any progress at all, I became concerned with the same worries I had about Tebow before.

Orton may not be the flashiest guy, nor the most intense player on the field, but he's not a bum. He's a leader (like Griese was, quiet to those that aren't associated with the organization) and he's seriously the best option right now.

Judging Orton by last year is a critical mistake. He was on a one dimensional team, period. No defense, no running game. It was all left up to him, which isn't fair, he's no Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc.

I'll wait to see what he brings with an improved defense and a balanced offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    It will be worse than it ever has been, trust me. Look at the polls on this board, ESPN, and the Denver Post. Every single one of them shows that over 70% of the fans (thousands of votes on DP) want Tebow to start. Every time Kyle throws a pick, gets sacked, or the offense goes three and out he will be met with thousands of boo's. It will be ugly. Worse than it has ever been for Kyle, worse than it was for Plummer in 2006 when fans were calling for Cutler.
    Outside of the Oakland game we played well enough at home to be 6-2 if we had a defense and a running game. Check the home numbers outside of the Raiders game we were a very good home team offensively. Judging by Elways comments even he knew this .

Ortons been booed,heckled, and doubted for 2 years now .Its been ugly at this point I doubt hes been expecting much from the fans lol especially if hes ever read this board .
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I don't know. Griese was pretty inconsistent. Kyle is consistently average so...We've seen what Kyle can do. The only reason I, personally, would rather see Tebow in there is because Tebow can run with the football. I'm a big fan of running quarterbacks, because it adds another dimension to the offense. On a bright note though. If the Broncos go with Kyle for the reg and our running game pans out, Kyle could do well. I think our defense is poised to create a lot of turnovers too. I don't see it being as bad as last year.
    Griese got us a playoff birth and a Pro Bowl, thats more than Kyle will ever be able to say for this franchise. Griese even beat out Orton for the back up job in Chicago the year they went to the Super Bowl. If I could take Griese in his prime or Orton in his prime it would be an easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    That's how I felt, I couldn't stand Tebow until he was a Bronco, then I saw his heart and his drive and started liking the guy, it something we haven't had in a QB in a long time.

I don't really see, based solely off last year, how exactly Orton is the better QB.
    Tebow can not throw an out route.... what can't you people see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Oh I don't even think there's a question about that. Like I said, I think part of this goes back to when the lockout was lifted for 2-3 days (whatever it was) and Tebow wound up being one of the only players who didn't show up to pick up a playbook.

You're not exactly endearing yourself to the new regime with things like that.

And IMO I think it may be obvious that Tebow just assumed the job would be his (which has pretty much been reported to) and his play in camp may be reflecting his disappointment.

All I'll say is that IMO, this will ultimately make Tebow a better player, or it'll prove he never had what it took to begin with. Either way we'll find out everything we wanted to know about Tebow soon enough (although not as soon as some may like).
    From what I remember. Facilities opened on a Friday morning and closed only a few hours later. The facilities weren't open for long at all, and most players didn't make it in. I swore I heard that Tebow's plane landed in Denver right as the lockout was back on. I don't think that hurt him at all with the regime.

Here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    The Broncos informed players Thursday they can meet with new coach John Fox and his staff Friday and begin using the weight and meeting rooms. The Broncos plan to begin organized team activities next week. Tebow said he's traveling to Denver and expects to participate Friday.

Elway remains confident that Tebow eventually can be the kind of quarterback who is successful within the pocket. However, he's unsure when that transformation will be made.

"You're always projecting it, but I think he can eventually get there," Elway said. "I can't tell you a timeline. I don't know if it's going to be this fall or this time next year. But I think he's got the desire that eventually he's going to be very effective."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6442597

-Informed players on a Thursday that they could meet with Coaching staff on Friday. Lockout was back on early Friday afternoon.
    Last edited by COBronc78; 08-03-2011 at 01:42 PM.

I just want to win games! If Orton is the answer so be it, but I'm telling you if we fail early in the season I think the Broncos will not hesitate to put Tebow in there. At some point we have to see what he can do when he has complete control! I mean the guy brings so much more than Orton does but I will support whoever is back there.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
    Tebow can not throw an out route.... what can't you people see!!!
    See, I don't hate Tebow, I have nothing against the guy. I absolutely didn't like him before he was drafted and for a few days afterwards. He's a genuinely good guy and there's no way I could dislike him.

The problem that a lot of people don't see is that if Tebow is to become the starter, he's STILL a project. He has a LOT to work on and throwing him into the fire now with Orton being much better at this point would be a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by COBronc78 View Post
    From what I remember. Facilities opened on a Friday morning and closed only a few hours later. The facilities weren't open for long at all, and most players didn't make it in. I swore I heard that Tebow's plane landed in Denver right as the lockout was back on. I don't think that hurt him at all with the regime.
    Tebow was the only quarterback who didn't make it in, and from what I heard most of the Broncos players did make it in in time to get the playbook.

According to reports, Tebow missed a flight or didn't board the right plane or whatever, and got to Denver right as the lockout was reinstated.

Not saying it was the defining moment that had him falling out of favor with the new regime - I'm just saying he should have been the first person at the door and he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpins9 View Post
    This is all so funny. Orton wins in the practices, like he has before. Then after the season begins and the games are on the line (and in the NFL, this is almost a weekly thing) he'll choke again.

Then after 1 to 10 weeks of this, all of us will be here again wondering why in the heck this guy is still in Denver. Rinse and repeat.
    you do realize tim won 1 game right?
    Last edited by BlueOrange7; 08-03-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KO8pectate View Post
    Ortons been booed,heckled, and doubted for 2 years now .Its been ugly at this point I doubt hes been expecting much from the fans lol especially if hes ever read this board .
    Yes, but the last two years we have had no alternatives to Kyle Orton. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, expected Tebow to start this year. No matter how Orton plays he will be treated worse than he has been the last two seasons.

I'll wait until we have had more than a few days of practice to accept that Orton will be the starter. Hopefully Tebow or Quinn can step it up in the preseason and give us a reason to bench, cut, or trade Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    It's going to be brutal for Orton, even in preseason. It will down right ugly if Orton chokes away a regular season home game. Denver has always been exremely critical of it's QB's, and my guess is that this will be the worse it has been since Griese took over for Elway. Keep in mind the Griese was a much better QB than Kyle.
    Right. That's why Orton beat him out in Chicago.

tebow is just going to have to be patient.......after 5 days of TC, Orton is the starter?............he's been in the league 7 years and Fox and friends think he's the man.........tebow is going to have a tough road with the effects of the lockout and a new coaching staff and will just have to deal....its going to take time for him to learn as it does for all new QB's in the league........he's also got to deal with a lot of "hate" raining down on him, especially from the guys at espn, (kiper, hoge, etc) who are heavily invested in his failure......hell, they even have a "lowlight" clip put together to support their (espn's) opinion of his abilities.....
    i think all the talk about his throwing motion and footwork is just noise from those who decided before he was even drafted that he wouldn't make it in the NFL.....tebow is a nice kid, is popular with fans, has endorsements, a book, and fans hoped that would translate into success on the field in the NFL.......maybe it will, maybe it won't........we'll see.....but he really hasn't been given the opportunity yet.......is he ready?...that's the coaches' call......but to suggest that tebow is "done" after 5 days of camp seems a bit of a premature celebration by the assassins down at espn............................
    as for Orton, he's been in the league for 7 years and not a lot of teams (Zero?)came calling when the broncos made it clear he was available........instead teams went with jackson(sea), kolb(ari), mcnabb(minn), moore(miami) and i dont even know who's taking palmer's place for the bengals......maybe orton will become a "winner" in his eighth season......i doubt it........have a nice day
    Last edited by Peanut; 08-03-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Tebow was the only quarterback who didn't make it in, and from what I heard most of the Broncos players did make it in in time to get the playbook.

According to reports, Tebow missed a flight or didn't board the right plane or whatever, and got to Denver right as the lockout was reinstated.

Not saying it was the defining moment that had him falling out of favor with the new regime - I'm just saying he should have been the first person at the door and he wasn't.
    Still disagree with you. The team informed them on Thursday that they could come into the facilities on Friday and would have minicamps the following week. No one really expected the lockout to come back on the day after being told to show up to facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by alien13 View Post
    I just want to win games! If Orton is the answer so be it, but I'm telling you if we fail early in the season I think the Broncos will not hesitate to put Tebow in there. At some point we have to see what he can do when he has complete control! I mean the guy brings so much more than Orton does but I will support whoever is back there.
    Why waste time when everyone knows Orton will blow it? I just want the Broncos to win too, and I feel like we're doing exactly what we did last year. Why not go with Tebow and see how the guy does? I doubt Orton completely altered and improved his game in the offseason.

I just hope, if he does start, he's on a MUCH shorter leash than he was last season.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerNeckBeard View Post
    Right. That's why Orton beat him out in Chicago.
    Orton was 3rd string the year they brought in Griese (Griese backed up Grossman). Like I mentioned before, Griese got us to the playoffs and made the pro bowl while in Denver, I don't expect Orton to do either of those.