Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Plummer is good as Elway (almost)!

I think if Plummer had played his whole career here like John did he would definitely be just as effective. A lot of you may disagree, but I really believe the only thing Elway had beter than Plummer is arm strength but that too will improve.
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 11-09-2003 at 05:39 PM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

yeah

I agree Plummer would be a better player if he had been with a better team like the broncos for most of his career. And he has been improving a lot these games you can tell from 3 interceptions the first game of the season to 4 games without interceptions that is awsome. But the thing he needs to improve on is passing far to 85 sorry forgot his name but when they went against the cheifs he over threw a couple long passes to him which it was Plummer's fault. But Plummer is far more better qb then Griese he sucked.
    FF7 advent children dvd

Let's stop comparing...

"The Snake" to "The Duke of Denver" we all know who is GOD around here...
    Ozzy [img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-035.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/musik/music-smiley-011.gif[/img]
    The "New Black Sabbath"

Needs to improve his far passing to 85? Plummer threw those deep passes to Lelie ( or 85,LOL) just fine. Lelie looked over his wrong sholder one time, and the other time he just couldn't come up with it. I never should of replyed to this since you didn't even know Lelie's name.

Yeah I think the Colts proved that any team can get throwed on. I think it is a valuable thing that Plummer can throw 60 yards in the air! we should do it at least three times a game whenever his arm is back healthy. Not just to Lelie either
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Re: Plummer is good as Elway (almost)!

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    I think if Plummer had played his whole career here like John did he would definitely be just as effective. A lot of you may disagree, but I really believe the only thing Elway had beter than Plummer is accuracy but that too will improve.
    Elway had a cannon and was accurate also he was built stronger hard to bring down ect.

Plummer is crafty and has faster feet, i believe he will get better at the accuracy on the long throws. He will be amazing.
    Last edited by L.B-7; 10-07-2003 at 06:45 PM.
    97-DenverBroncos-98

Since we are comparing.....

Plummer's arm will never be as strong as Elway's. Not a knock on Plummer, but really, Elway's arm was equaled only by the likes of Marino and Fouts. Big dudes who threw hard.....all the time. Favre has a cannon, even now.

Plummer is probably faster than Elway was in his peak, only because he is lighter. But Elway could take a hit better (i.e. Plummer has all these little things already, and its only week 6. Elway usually took a little more punishment with less injury. He was the most sacked QB in NFL history).

Accuracy? on the short and medium stuff, I'd say it even. On the deep stuff, both are/were not great. Good, but not great. Elway got better later in his career when he could read defenses better, and of course had a better o-line, thus having more time to throw properly. Plummer seems to be going through the same thing. Better recievers, and a running game that keeps the d honest will help any QB. But it seems to have helped his lousy footwork. He is taking direction nicely from Kubiak.

He may not have a three game rating run like he is having now ever again, but he should get more consistent. That was his biggest problem in AZ.

Elway was in my humble opinion the greatest quarterback ever. I was a Snake fan long before he came to Denver, and I admit, it would have been interesting to see how he would have been if he had played his whole career here. He is still pretty young, though, so he has more time to deliver. I have definitely been impressed so far.

Blasfamy!! Are you really ready to him John Elway status after 5 games! I cannot believe my ears. Give him 15+ seasons, 5 SuerBowls w/2 championships, pro bowls ect ect before we put him next to Elway.

I don't care about stats, they don't mean anything except in fantasy leagues, NO ONE will be like John Elway. But I'll argue what his stats should've been, can you imagine what his career numbers wouild be if someone like Mike Shanahan coached him. The guys w/the stats had coaches that utilized their talent to fullest. Dan Reeves is a great coach, took us to 3 SuperBowls, but it's about philoshy.

I don't mean this to mean, but you saw Elway throughout his entire career right? I mean, if you didn't see the magic he was blessed with, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and let you off. However, if you did...do you remember the Broncos, Denver, Colorado, before John Elway arrived? People all over the world worship John Elway because of his legend. Only time gives someone that status. I bet Jake Plummer dreams of looked at in the same light as him, but 5 games don't fullfil any dreams.

I'm sorry, but I'm not giving Jake Plummer isn't going to the Hall of Fame just yet. Be patient, we have to build a bond w/him that he will either earn or not. This could take years, I don't have any memories of Plummer I'll remember forever. Elway gave us a lifetime of them.

I like that you're behind Jake Plummer 100%. It's great we Bronco fans believe he is going to be our quarterback for many glorious years, and I truly hope he is. I hope he is great enough to eventually be mentioned in the same sentence as Elway. But please don't disrespect John Elway by comparing ANYONE to him.

I know said (ALMOST) as good as Elway, but wow. I'm just in shock anyone would say that. Plummer would be the first to tell you he hasn't earned anything w/a 4-1 record in Denver. We can only pray and see if he has any of the magic of Elway.

Originally posted by nrokdrums
    Blasfamy!! Are you really ready to him John Elway status after 5 games! I cannot believe my ears. Give him 15+ seasons, 5 SuerBowls w/2 championships, pro bowls ect ect before we put him next to Elway.

I don't care about stats, they don't mean anything except in fantasy leagues, NO ONE will be like John Elway. But I'll argue what his stats should've been, can you imagine what his career numbers wouild be if someone like Mike Shanahan coached him. The guys w/the stats had coaches that utilized their talent to fullest. Dan Reeves is a great coach, took us to 3 SuperBowls, but it's about philoshy.

I don't mean this to mean, but you saw Elway throughout his entire career right? I mean, if you didn't see the magic he was blessed with, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and let you off. However, if you did...do you remember the Broncos, Denver, Colorado, before John Elway arrived? People all over the world worship John Elway because of his legend. Only time gives someone that status. I bet Jake Plummer dreams of looked at in the same light as him, but 5 games don't fullfil any dreams.

I'm sorry, but I'm not giving Jake Plummer isn't going to the Hall of Fame just yet. Be patient, we have to build a bond w/him that he will either earn or not. This could take years, I don't have any memories of Plummer I'll remember forever. Elway gave us a lifetime of them.

I like that you're behind Jake Plummer 100%. It's great we Bronco fans believe he is going to be our quarterback for many glorious years, and I truly hope he is. I hope he is great enough to eventually be mentioned in the same sentence as Elway. But please don't disrespect John Elway by comparing ANYONE to him.

I know said (ALMOST) as good as Elway, but wow. I'm just in shock anyone would say that. Plummer would be the first to tell you he hasn't earned anything w/a 4-1 record in Denver. We can only pray and see if he has any of the magic of Elway.
    There is a lot of similarity in the way they play. The passion, the poise and the arm Plummer has been 5 games thats true but can one name a weakness for Plummer that Elway didnt have?

I tried to warn ya.

First off, it's unnecessary restate my entire statement.

You have to be careful anytime you say John Elway. Just don't throw his name around, IMO. And I see from your previous thread you didn't grow up w/Elway. It's not a shot at you, it's totally OK. I said I'd "let you off" if this was the case and I meant it.

All of us Broncos fans hope you're lucky enough to grow up w/Jake Plummer as we did w/John Elway!! So enjoy the beginning of, what all Broncos fans, hope is the making of something special!!

GO BRONCOS

Re: Plummer is good as Elway (almost)!

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    I think if Plummer had played his whole career here like John did he would definitely be just as effective. A lot of you may disagree, but I really believe the only thing Elway had beter than Plummer is accuracy but that too will improve.
    I disagree with this one, but I do think that Jake will improve and be a valuable QB.

On a separate note... imagine the numbers Elway would have had if he'd played under Shannahan his entire career ( as a Bronco of course). He'd hold every known record imho.

Nuff said...
    [IMG]http://www.commonlinq.com/chris/nola.jpg[/IMG]
    Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

I didn't see much of the elway legend. However, from what I did see, and the stories Ive heard, I cant honestly say that plummer will be as good as elway, Especially in week 6of his first year with us. Give it time. Just my two cents
    Last edited by Broncofan-13; 10-08-2003 at 08:38 AM.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Cool

I watched Elway terrorize the NFL his whole career, and I believe no other QB in NFL histroy had the ability to put the "Fear of God" into the opposing team. I remember watching a Monday night game against Da Bears with a bunch of my buddies. One of them was a Bears fan and he was on the edge of his seat the whole game. The Bears basicly dominated the Broncos that game, but John keep the game close and pulled out the win in the final minitues of the game, just like my friend feared. I believe Reeves always played a defensive game and then relied on John to make one of his patent comebacks to win the game. If John had played under Shanny his whole career, there would be no comparisons between John and Montana, Marino, or Farve. He would have owned every record there is to own. John carried the Broncos to the first three SB he played in, remember "The Drive", and it wasn't until Shanny showed up installed a offensive philosophy that John and the Broncos thrived. I truely believe that if Shanny had been the coach of the John's earlier SBs he would have been 5 for 5 in victories. Jake is an up and coming QB, and may be with a couple more years in Shanny's offense him will become a feared QB, but as of right now, he has a long way go. One last thought, if it had been John walking onto the field last Sunday at KC, what do you think the result would of have been, John seemed to will the Broncos to win in situations like that. KC fans still are whining about how John used to crush their weak hopes of victory over the Broncos. I'm excited about Jake and want to see him succeed, but its waaaaay to early to try and compare him to the great John Elway!!!!! Go Broncos

Good post....couldn't summed it up any better!