Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    I don't think so....although Orton and Quinn have multiple TD drives

Honestly I'm not happy with Tebow's mechanics after 2 years of "supposedly" working on them, but now he does not have anymore time to work on that stuff, he must focus on actually DELIVERING a timely pass 20 times a game.

All the criticism Tebow receives is well deserved, he wants so badly to play QB whn just doesnt look that good as a QB

Kinda like a singer who just doesn't realize they are tone-deaf.

He must improve, all this preseason is showing us is what his biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses are. We cant have the inconsistency of our QB making a great throw/run one play and the bobbling the snap the next play all the time
    Yo to end this discussion,yes Tim looks like he is not ready and has some ways to go. Kyle on the other hand isn't exactly this shining star of a qb and I will say I was very happy with Brady's improvement. Both of those QB's have more time in the leauge than Tim and came from pro systems. Let's roll with EFX and chill. Goodness this topic has been discussed to death.

Tim needs some work, no doubt about it.

But he did do some good things last night. He escaped constant pressure, avoided several.sacks and he did make some good plays. But his definitely a work in progress.

You probably could have kept that comment to yourself, honestly...
    No he's completely right. Do the admins a favor and use existing threads when ever possible it saves the the time of locking or merging this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post
    I watched the game today and saw Orton 1. Hesitated with his decision even with having more time in the pocket than Tebow did 2. Threw a pick that an 8 year vet should not especially with the way he stared at the receiver. 3 Does not have the ability to make something out of nothing.
    Bullcrap. I'm calling it on YOU.

Orton made more plays with his legs tonight than I've ever seen him.

The INT was dumb, but it was also a great play by the DE. He wasn't hesitant, he was PATIENT. There is a difference.

Ask Tebow.

Hooray, beer!

You probably could have kept that comment to yourself, honestly...
    Could have kept the thread to yourself...
    There are millions.

Great play on that Zone blitz by Sea .Lloyd wouldve been in single coverage and possibly open but the DE dropped back and actually caught the pass .

bad read by Orton but GREAT play by the DE.
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83

Quote Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post
    I watched the game today and saw Orton 1. Hesitated with his decision even with having more time in the pocket than Tebow did
    You mean when he was checking down his receivers, something Tebow still doesn't do well? To the uninitiated, that can look like hesitation and Tebow locking in on his primary regardless of who is open can look like decisiveness.

2. Threw a pick that an 8 year vet should not especially with the way he stared at the receiver.
    You mean like Peyton Manning did in the Superbowl he lost? Interceptions happen. Orton's TD-Int ratio is better than Tebow's, so perhaps you might want to reconsider what you believe that QB's do? When they throw a lot, they occasionally miss someone dropping into coverage and get intercepted. Orton still throws considerably better than Tim Terrific.

3 Does not have the ability to make something out of nothing.
    Ok, what was his third down percentage in the half he played? I saw that he did take off running, but no one ever claimed Orton should be playing halfback rather than QB,like they do consistently with Tim.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Quote Originally Posted by EFX View Post
    Probably about 15 threads this could be posted under instead of spamming the board with a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    No, he's right. People need to stop making multiple threads about a topic that's already flooding the boards and could be posted in existing threads about said topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by elevation INC View Post
    your a good poster, and you have good contributions here, but he was right.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    No he's completely right. Do the admins a favor and use existing threads when ever possible it saves the the time of locking or merging this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    Could have kept the thread to yourself...
    There are millions.
    Allow me to address all of you at once...

If I have 8,500 posts obviously I know how to do this. I didn't get 8,500 by starting 8,500 new threads if I feel like I wanna post on an existing thread then so be it, but if I dont feel like changing the subject of the discussion in a thread then I'll start my own and if you don't like it you can skip.

I'm not gonna open an existing thread about Tebow from a poster named "Tebow'sBiggestFan" or a poster named "Gator City" or a poster named "TebowBias" cause honestly I don't respect their opinion enough to waste a good comment/observation in their thread....sorry

I understand the concept of merging, but i'm not a troll or newbie I've always brought clear arguments and all I wanted to do is point out the fact that I've called out a lot of Tebow FANATICS on the basis that Tebow is not ready and caught flak for it...and simply wanted to show proof that my observation was valid because he hasn't led a TD drive yet....and wanted to hear arguments as to why they think that is?

Oh really there were millions of threads like this? Well now there is a million and one (until its merged)

But when people see "Return of Lava" they gonna open that thread. Why? Cause i earned that respect.

Nothin in the CoC that says I can't post a new thread if I want to, so let us seniors have seniority...
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Im have been thinking the same thing. I loved Tebow last year and though he was going to be great after his last three starts. For some reason though, he hasnt progressed nearly as much as he should have.

I know there's been a shortened offseason and everything, but that is no excuse for taking the snap and immediately looking to run on a pass play when you are the quarterback. His accuracy is still lacking and that is because his footwork is still sloppy. I dont get how he could have been working on his footwork all offseason and for him to still not be able to consistently take a three step drop and fire it in to a moving target.

Maybe he hasnt progressed because he is still thinking about everything he is doing. Maybe next season it will all click and we will have ourselves a stud. I sure hope so. For Quinn and Orton are both better Qbs.

Allow me to address all of you at once...

If I have 8,500 posts obviously I know how to do this. I didn't get 8,500 by starting 8,500 new threads if I feel like I wanna post on an existing thread then so be it, but if I dont feel like changing the subject of the discussion in a thread then I'll start my own and if you don't like it you can skip.

I'm not gonna open an existing thread about Tebow from a poster named "Tebow'sBiggestFan" or a poster named "Gator City" or a poster named "TebowBias" cause honestly I don't respect their opinion enough to waste a good comment/observation in their thread....sorry

I understand the concept of merging, but i'm not a troll or newbie I've always brought clear arguments and all I wanted to do is point out the fact that I've called out a lot of Tebow FANATICS on the basis that Tebow is not ready and caught flak for it...and simply wanted to show proof that my observation was valid because he hasn't led a TD drive yet....and wanted to hear arguments as to why they think that is?

Oh really there were millions of threads like this? Well now there is a million and one (until its merged)

But when people see "Return of Lava" they gonna open that thread. Why? Cause i earned that respect.

Nothin in the CoC that says I can't post a new thread if I want to, so let us seniors have seniority...

You tell 'em ROL

Hooray, beer!

The fact that there is even a debate about which of our three flawed quarterbacks should be starting gives me a sickening feeling in my gut that we need to find ourselves a long-term solution at the position.

In recent years we've tried to find someone to replace Elway and have came up short. IE Greise, Plummer, Cutler, and now a "Ménage à trois' of Orton/Tebow/Quinn.

To find someone like Tom Brady who flew under the pro scouts radar would obviously be a feat that isn't achieved too often.

However, I believe we can at least increase our chances of finding a franchise Quarterback in the future if he had ALL of these skills to start with before he becomes a pro, not after.

1. He has the necessary size.
    2. He is accurate.
    3. He can throw the long ball. (see no.#2)
    4. Can read defenses.
    5. Can check down to at least his third receiver.
    6. Has ran a complicated pro style offense with multiple line shifts and formations.
    7. Can run effectively WHEN needed.
    8. Can stand in the pocket under duress and make effective split second decisions.
    9. Is Smart.
    10. Does not have a criminal record.
    11. Last but not least, He isn't a cry baby Quitter!

Tebow sucks right now but he might be good one day.

At this rate, I doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post

You have determined this after little over a year?

How quickly did you give up on Elway?

Quote Originally Posted by -DenverBroncos- View Post
    You have determined this after little over a year?

How quickly did you give up on Elway?
    After about three games.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post

I thought you were leaving.

@BlueNOrangeFTW