Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    Tebow sucks right now but he might be good one day.

At this rate, I doubt it though.
    I thought bye was all you had to say?
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Just a thought on the reports of Tebow being moved to number three

Is J. Fox's thinking that by moving Tebow to number three will nullify the obvious QB controversy that has been brewing. I could be wrong but either way Tebow to number three accomplishes this. :paper:

Thoughts?
    Official 2009 Adopt-A-Bronco:Moreno, Knowshon

He hasnt been moved to 3
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

I don't think all 4 QBs crashing in a private plane, in a snow storm would end that debate

One Person "Tebow would have been the best ever"
    Next Person "Orton would have won a superbowl with a good D"
    Other Person "Winn with Qwinn"
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=381063&dateline=13158  14669
    I Adopt #77 well damn!
    Milla Da QB Killa' #77
    Fox Rocks #77

Due to the rule changes this year, it doesn't matter if Tebow is 2 or 3. If he is 3 he will be able to come into the game at anytime.
    Go Broncos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies3384 View Post
    Due to the rule changes this year, it doesn't matter if Tebow is 2 or 3. If he is 3 he will be able to come into the game at anytime.
    Sweet

With the new rules it doesn't matter who the 2 or 3 is. You'll see tebow play in some option plays and in the red zone a time or two. But if Orton gets injured, Quinn will come in.

He's not the #3 QB. ESPN has just been saying this because it's inflammatory.

Tebow more likely

Injury to Orton would probably result in Quinn stepping in.

Barring injury, Tebow more likely to play Brad Smith-like:paper:
    Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    He's not the #3 QB. ESPN has just been saying this because it's inflammatory.
    Technically, it matters little in regards to playtime. Reps in practice is a different matter. however, since media is not allowed in practices, we won't know to what extent tebow or quinn get 2nd team reps. One would think that if you're coming in for an injured orton, you'd be getting 2nd team reps.
    "There's only one person carrying the ball right here."
    -Tim Tebow, 12/26/10, game winning drive

XV knows touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    I thought bye was all you had to say?
    That is all I said. I didnt say I wouldnt return. Really though, thanks to the lockout ending and my deep passion for the broncos, I had to come back. Im trying to post strictly in the general discussion though. I came back to talk football and thats it.

HEY! Tebow to #3 is a Qwinn vs Tebow thing! Not a Orton Tebow thing!

Now I haft to Unsubscribe from this dumb thread again!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=381063&dateline=13158  14669
    I Adopt #77 well damn!
    Milla Da QB Killa' #77
    Fox Rocks #77

From the Denver Post

Q&A: NFL evaluations of Broncos' Tebow, Quinn aren't confined to games
    By Jeff Legwold
    The Denver Post

Posted: 08/31/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

Today's question about the Broncos comes from Richard Oppenheim.

Q: Before finalizing the 53-man roster, how can the Broncos get a true assessment of their players during preseason games? For example, quarterback Brady Quinn might be playing with the Broncos' No. 2 or No. 3 offense against another team's No. 2 or No. 3 defense.

A: NFL coaches and personnel executives take that into account during player evaluations.

No. 1 quarterback Kyle Orton has a better chance of playing well in the preseason because he is surrounded by starters on offense. But Orton also has been playing against the other team's starters on defense.

If, say, a Denver cornerback intercepts three passes in the preseason against No. 1 quarterbacks on other teams, that means more to coach John Fox than a cornerback making three interceptions in the preseason against No. 3 or No. 4 quarterbacks on other teams.

The so-called "gamers" are players who practice well enough to get themselves on the field and then go to the next level when the pressure is on during games.

John Elway was a tremendous practice player. He didn't save all of his talent for games. He was a star in games because he was a star in practices.

Evaluation of a player starts on the practice field. Is he on time? Is he mentally prepared? Does he know his assignments? Has he studied the playbook? Does he give 100 percent effort during practice? Does he try to get better every day? Is he in the right place at the right time? Those questions usually are answered by the time the 53-man roster is finalized.

Quarterbacks are not immune to intense evaluation. They have to make the right reads, the right audibles and the right throws, even in practices.

Players who do well against second-teamers and third-teamers earn an opportunity to show what they can do against the starters.

Jeff Legwold: 303-954-2359 or jlegwold@denverpost.com
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    From the Denver Post
    Last sentence of the article say's player who do well against 2 and 3rd stringers get a chance to do well with/against 1st stringers.....I want to see tebow get that chance

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.