Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkTebow View Post
    And Kyle never won a meaningful playoff game in his life for at least the 15 years, why should he start now.
    your still going back to when the guy was 13?

Quote Originally Posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    These boards a fricking joke right now, every thread is Tebow/Orton, WHO CARES about ur feelings on this, just let pre season happen and THEN post...ugh
    The whole point of a message board is to express feelings.

Last offseason did you say, "Let Tebow play some games and THEN post"?

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    your still going back to when the guy was 13?
    Absolutely! I want to see that he has been there before and understands what it means to be clutch. It is called a track record or pedigree of winning the big game.

He is who is faithful in the small things, is faithful in large things.

If Kyle gets to the playoffs, he hasn't been there in his life. You expect him to be ready for the victory or game winning drive. He will be shocked he got there. He hasn't gotten his team to the big game, let alone won it.

Tebow won the National Championship and had a game winning drive in the 2nd half, and shined in the 4th quarter. He can draw on that, when he makes the playoffs. Not exactly the NFL, but certainly a big pressure game.

What is Kyle drawing off of? Orton is Orton is my point. Why? Look at his life and found out where he has won the big game. Harsh? Yes. Reality? Yes.

I would love for Kyle to have a breakthrough, but he is guilty until proven innocent, since he hasn't won the big game for the last 15 years. Research him and prove me wrong. I will recant if you find otherwise.
    Last edited by mdkTebow; 08-03-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    On Tebow: After a dismal 1-4 start to this season. "I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that"
    Von Miller 11.27.2011

“Tebow is a special kind of a player; I’ve never seen a player like him in my whole career”
    Champ Bailey said on “NFL Total Access”

"As a math guy, I would say that Tebow has a high trajectory by linear extrapolation, don't you think?"

Absolutely! I want to see that he has been there before and understands what it means to be clutch. It is called a track record or pedigree of winning the big game.

If Kyle gets to the playoffs, he hasn't been there in his life. You expect him to be ready for the victory or game winning drive. He will be shocked he got there. He hasn't gotten his team to the big game, let alone won it.

Tebow won the National Championship and had a game winning drive in the 2nd half, and shined in the 4th quarter. He can draw on that, when he makes the playoffs. Not exactly the NFL, but certainly a big pressure game.

What is Kyle drawing off of? Orton is Orton is my point. Why? Look at his life and found out where he has won the big game. Harsh? Yes. Reality? Yes.

I would love for Kyle to have a breakthrough, but he is guilty until proven innocent, since he hasn't won the big game for the last 15 years. Research him and prove me wrong.
    I really don't care to dig into peoples childhoods just to determine what they can and can not do in pro football. Seems pretty pointless and silly.

I would love for Kyle to have a breakthrough, but he is guilty until proven innocent, since he hasn't won the big game for the last 15 years. Research him and prove me wrong. I will recant if you find otherwise.
    Here is the problem no one cares . You really think people are at training camp caring what you did at 15 or even 19 ? If you cant see that and think this stuff means absolutely anything at all thats pretty sad .
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83

I really don't care to dig into peoples childhoods just to determine what they can and can not do in pro football. Seems pretty pointless and silly.
    Just like saying being successful in college somehow makes them a great pro without proving themselves... How'd that work out for Eric Crouch?

So what you saying is that you get a clean slate in the NFL? Great!

Has Kyle lead his team to the playoffs in the NFL? We know the answer.

College? High School? We know the answer, too. Why?
    On Tebow: After a dismal 1-4 start to this season. "I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that"
    Von Miller 11.27.2011

“Tebow is a special kind of a player; I’ve never seen a player like him in my whole career”

"As a math guy, I would say that Tebow has a high trajectory by linear extrapolation, don't you think?"

So what you saying is that you get a clean slate in the NFL? Great!

Has Kyle lead his team to the playoffs in the NFL? We know the answer.

College? High School? We know the answer, too. Why?
    I'm saying what you did in highschool holds no relevance to your transition into the pros and it sure don't matter what you did when you were 13. If you think it actually truly does then I really can't take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
    PLease explain,

If your team has NO chance of winning and you piling up yards it is stat padding.
    im sure thats what they are going for . . . moral stat victories.

you cant look at a single part of a game because things like this average out over the course of a season, teams do this all the time and it balances out. its so stupid and narrow-minded to look at things like this thus making it ignorant

i guess when a team is clearly going to win and does anything other than knee down they are padding stats as well . . . heck lets just end games when its so clearly over
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
    Just like saying being successful in college somehow makes them a great pro without proving themselves... How'd that work out for Eric Crouch?
    Worked great for Drew Brees, who Kyle Orton followed at Purdue. Winning breeds winning.
    Von Miller 11.27.2011

I am not an Orton fan in anyway, but how can you call it stat padding? What is the guy supposed to do? Purposely not complete passes when down a bunch? All he can do is try to run the plays that he is given from the sidelines and hope that everything goes as plan. Stat padding is when the pats are up by 35 with 4 minutes left the game and Brady is still in the game, throwing bombs.
    There is no plan B.

As I continued to read other articles about today, ive also realized how awesome Willis has been playing! lol there is no way this guy doesnt make team....

Worked great for Drew Brees, who Kyle Orton followed at Purdue. Winning breeds winning.
    That's why the likes of John Parker Wilson, JaMarcus Russell, Matt Leinart, Craig Krenzel, Ken Dorsey, Josh Heupel, Chris Winkie, Tee Martin, Brian Griese, Danny Wuerffel, Tommy Frazier, Charlie Ward, Jay Barker and so many others went on to be amazing NFL quarterbacks, right?

Quote Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
    That's why the likes of John Parker Wilson, JaMarcus Russell, Matt Leinart, Craig Krenzel, Ken Dorsey, Josh Heupel, Chris Winkie, Tee Martin, Brian Griese, Danny Wuerffel, Tommy Frazier, Charlie Ward, Jay Barker and so many others went on to be amazing NFL quarterbacks, right?
    Great, why has Kyle not lead his teams to significant playoff victories in his entire career?

What if you ask the question why is Kyle not clutch in the NFL on 3rd downs and in the red zone? Is there a pattern? He must have clutch in college, right? Certainly high school?

Happy to limit the statue of limitations to the NFL. Why will this year be different?

It would be a breakthrough for Kyle to make the playoffs, a much larger one if he won. I would be happy to congratulate him.
    Von Miller 11.27.2011

Great, why has Kyle not lead his teams to significant playoff victories in his entire career?

What if you ask the question why is Kyle not clutch in the NFL on 3rd downs and in the red zone? Is there a pattern? He must have clutch in college, right? Certainly high school?

Happy to limit the statue of limitations to the NFL. Why will this year be different?

It would be a breakthrough for Kyle to make the playoffs, a much larger one if he won. I would be happy to congratulate him.
    Go calculate Orton's 3rd Down & Red Zone statistics from the 6-0 start.

Figure out how well he does when he has a decent team around him.