Page 59 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Last sentence of the article say's player who do well against 2 and 3rd stringers get a chance to do well with/against 1st stringers.....I want to see tebow get that chance
    But has he done well against 2nd & 3rd stringers?

Quinn had the same players around him and did noticeably better than Tebow.

Tebow has struggled. He looks indecisive and appears to be having trouble making his reads or going thru his progressions. His pass completion rate is very low for the preseason. His only really good passes have seemed to all be mid-range throws between the hashmarks. He's been the only QB to have been sacked or fumbled the ball in spite of both Orton and Quinn each having significantly more attempts. Tebow has yet to throw a TD. He's having problems converting for 1st downs - including on 3rd downs. He's been ineffective in the red zone.

Just where has Tebow done well enough against 2nd & 3rd stringers to merit giving him time with the starters?
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    But has he done well against 2nd & 3rd stringers?

Quinn had the same players around him and did noticeably better than Tebow.

Tebow has struggled. He looks indecisive and appears to be having trouble making his reads or going thru his progressions. His pass completion rate is very low for the preseason. His only really good passes have seemed to all be mid-range throws between the hashmarks. He's been the only QB to have been sacked or fumbled the ball in spite of both Orton and Quinn each having significantly more attempts. Tebow has yet to throw a TD. He's having problems converting for 1st downs - including on 3rd downs. He's been ineffective in the red zone.

Just where has Tebow done well enough against 2nd & 3rd stringers to merit giving him time with the starters?
    65% isn't so bad is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    65% isn't so bad is it?
    It was skewed by the first preseason game (85.7% on 7 attempts).

In the past 2 games, he's posted 50.0% against Buffalo and 54.5% against Seattle. Against the same teams, Kyle posted 76.9% and 69.9% respectively. Quinn managed 62.5% against the Bills.

So Tebow's completion percentage has dropped off quite a bit, while Orton & Quinn have looked good against better defenders.
    - Kyle Orton

It was skewed by the first preseason game (85.7% on 7 attempts).

In the past 2 games, he's posted 50.0% against Buffalo and 54.5% against Seattle. Against the same teams, Kyle posted 76.9% and 69.9% respectively. Quinn managed 62.5% against the Bills.

So Tebow's completion percentage has dropped off quite a bit, while Orton & Quinn have looked good against better defenders.
    Is it not skewed to post his 50% against Buffalo when he only threw 2 passes?

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    Is it not skewed to post his 50% against Buffalo when he only threw 2 passes?
    Well, the game with the most pass attempts by Tebow was last week's against Seattle. He was 6 of 11 (54.5%) against a Seahawks Pass D that was 27th in the NFL last season and has been ranked 22nd in the current preseason. They also sacked TT 3 times and he fumbled twice against them.

Is it not obvious that Tebow is struggling right now?
    - Kyle Orton

Well, the game with the most pass attempts by Tebow was last week's against Seattle. He was 6 of 11 (54.5%) against a Seahawks Pass D that was 27th in the NFL last season and has been ranked 22nd in the current preseason. They also sacked TT 3 times and he fumbled twice against them.

Is it not obvious that Tebow is struggling right now?
    listen guy. if orton is allowed to stuggle with the starters, tebow is more than allowed to struggle with backups and third stringers. and in the big picture, he's not struggling all that much. after all, he led us downfield for the game-winning field goal in that game.

his play may not be even close to polished at this point, but he can still get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Last sentence of the article say's player who do well against 2 and 3rd stringers get a chance to do well with/against 1st stringers.....I want to see tebow get that chance
    With Orton being the unquestioned starter at quarterback, neither Tebow nor Quinn were going to get a shot with the first team in a preseason game. That's just not done. They both have had their shots with the first team in practice though.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    With Orton being the unquestioned starter at quarterback, neither Tebow nor Quinn were going to get a shot with the first team in a preseason game. That's just not done. They both have had their shots with the first team in practice though.
    quinn ran with the first string o-line in the first half against the bills

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    listen guy. if orton is allowed to stuggle with the starters, tebow is more than allowed to struggle with backups and third stringers. and in the big picture, he's not struggling all that much. after all, he led us downfield for the game-winning field goal in that game.

his play may not be even close to polished at this point, but he can still get the job done.
    Orton hasn't been struggling with the starters. He's been playing quite well.

Stop with giving Tebow the excuse of playing with 2nd & 3rd stringers. Because that's what he's playing AGAINST as well.

Besides, one of Tebow's supposed strengths is that he is a LEADER. That he RAISES THE PLAY OF THOSE AROUND HIM. He INSPIRES his teammates to play at a higher level.

So why isn't the squad he's playing with doing any good? He IS NOT "getting the job done" against bubble players and wannabes who will be selling insurance soon while they wait for a chance to try out for an arena team.

There's no way he rates an opportunity to waste valuable preparation time for the starters just so that he can be boosted up to TRY looking better when there's no way he'll be starting...
    - Kyle Orton

Could you imagine if Tebow were given first team reps, and he didn't perform well?

I think there's a reason why that hasn't happened.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    quinn ran with the first string o-line in the first half against the bills
    That was the exception to the rule and for only one series(if I'm not mistaken).

Perhaps that's the sign that Quinn is the true #2 quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Could you imagine if Tebow were given first team reps, and he didn't perform well?

I think there's a reason why that hasn't happened.
    If he performed poorly, I think many of the Tebowmaniacs would just be quiet.

Orton hasn't been struggling with the starters. He's been playing quite well.

Stop with giving Tebow the excuse of playing with 2nd & 3rd stringers. Because that's what he's playing AGAINST as well.

Besides, one of Tebow's supposed strengths is that he is a LEADER. That he RAISES THE PLAY OF THOSE AROUND HIM. He INSPIRES his teammates to play at a higher level.

So why isn't the squad he's playing with doing any good? He IS NOT "getting the job done" against bubble players and wannabes who will be selling insurance soon while they wait for a chance to try out for an arena team.

There's no way he rates an opportunity to waste valuable preparation time for the starters just so that he can be boosted up to TRY looking better when there's no way he'll be starting...
    That squad had the game winning drive last week

I'm not trying to argue for tebow to start, he's not even close to ready

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    If he performed poorly, I think many of the Tebowmaniacs would just be quiet.
    I think the Tebow fans, not the Broncos fans, would continue to blame everyone else around him, quite honestly.

IMO, it doesn't matter anymore. This is probably the last time I'll ever come into this thread.

I've never seen so much hand wringing over a 3rd string QB.

I wish Tebow the best of luck. When/if he gets his opportunity, I hope he performs well.

Hooray, beer!

I think the Tebow fans, not the Broncos fans, would continue to blame everyone else around him, quite honestly.
    yeah, you're probably right

I guess the dropped passes and drive-stalling penalties were Orton's fault too.

You're such a joke.