Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
    That squad had the game winning drive last week

I'm not trying to argue for tebow to start, he's not even close to ready
    Wow, Tebow gets handed a 17-3 lead in the 3rd Qtr and manages to eke out FG position on a couple of drives and we're supposed to be impressed by THAT?
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Quote Originally Posted by neckbeard View Post
    Wow, Tebow gets handed a 17-3 lead in the 3rd Qtr and manages to eke out FG position on a couple of drives and we're supposed to be impressed by THAT?
    omg the defense etc etc

he didn't do anything overly impressive, but in the end we got the W. i know it's preseason, and it doesn't mean much if anything... but results still matter. everyone is ready to send orton and co. to the superbowl already, so i don't know why we can't recognize the accomplishments of our lower tiered players in an exhibition game

omg the defense etc etc

he didn't do anything overly impressive, but in the end we got the W. i know it's preseason, and it doesn't mean much if anything... but results still matter. everyone is ready to send orton and co. to the superbowl already, so i don't know why we can't recognize the accomplishments of our lower tiered players in an exhibition game
    One of Seattle TDs was on a punt return. That put Tebow back onto the field immediately and gave him ANOTHER CHANCE to try and score.
    - Kyle Orton

One of Seattle TDs was on a punt return. That put Tebow back onto the field immediately and gave him ANOTHER CHANCE to try and score.
    yes, the third string offense struggled.

but, did they get in field goal position on the last drive of the game or not? okay then.

yes, the third string offense struggled.

but, did they get in field goal position on the last drive of the game or not? okay then.
    Hauschka had to boom it 51 yds to get that FG - the 2nd longest of his career (pre-season, regular season or playoffs). Is that a drive you want to brag about? Where you were lucky your kicker managed one of the best kicks he'd ever done? Because I'm sure that you would have given Orton 5 different kinds of hell for failing to score a TD in that situation...
    - Kyle Orton

not if we won the game

Right now KO is #1 IMO. Brady looks better then Tebow right now. It looks like Tebow has been neutered the way he has played the last few games. He sure hasn't played his style and that IMO has hurt him (AKA neutered ).

Edit: Ok looks like Quinn has returned to is normal play so now I say Tebow is 2nd behind KO.
    Last edited by FlyByU; 09-01-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    If he performed poorly, I think many of the Tebowmaniacs would just be quiet.
    lol 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningplastic View Post
    lol 10 characters.
    Sooooo...what you're saying is, that they would cry and make excuses, right?

Maybe you're right.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

But has he done well against 2nd & 3rd stringers?

Quinn had the same players around him and did noticeably better than Tebow.

Tebow has struggled. He looks indecisive and appears to be having trouble making his reads or going thru his progressions. His pass completion rate is very low for the preseason. His only really good passes have seemed to all be mid-range throws between the hashmarks. He's been the only QB to have been sacked or fumbled the ball in spite of both Orton and Quinn each having significantly more attempts. Tebow has yet to throw a TD. He's having problems converting for 1st downs - including on 3rd downs. He's been ineffective in the red zone.

Just where has Tebow done well enough against 2nd & 3rd stringers to merit giving him time with the starters?
    Ah com on thats a bunch of bs his total stats for this preseason are 13/20 for a 64 % completion rate a td no turnovers 310 yards and 108 passer rating while throwing to scrubs with a crappy Ol

How is that strugling please tell me ?

And him lol at him strugling to score TD thats pretty funny because orton as one more than him while playing with the 1st string and i am pretty sure those are runs and a screen to mcghee.

Oh and tebow is the only Qb without an int

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Ah com on thats a bunch of bs his total stats for this preseason are 13/20 for a 64 % completion rate a td no turnovers 310 yards and 108 passer rating while throwing to scrubs with a crappy Ol

How is that strugling please tell me ?

And him lol at him strugling to score TD thats pretty funny because orton as one more than him while playing with the 1st string and i am pretty sure those are runs and a screen to mcghee.

Oh and tebow is the only Qb without an int
    He also has more sacks and fumbles than Orton, Quinn, and Weber COMBINED.

With the new kickoff rule putting the ball at the 35, we're almost guaranteed nothing but touchbacks. So a QB will have to drive his Offense downfield from the 20 on almost every drive.

Tebow hasn't shown any ability to do that this preseason. His drives have repeatedly stalled and he's been ineffective in the red zone even when he was gifted starting field position there by the Defense.

Say what you want about Orton as a QB - nobody denies his ability to move the Offense between the 20s...
    - Kyle Orton

He also has more sacks and fumbles than Orton, Quinn, and Weber COMBINED.

With the new kickoff rule putting the ball at the 35, we're almost guaranteed nothing but touchbacks. So a QB will have to drive his Offense downfield from the 20 on almost every drive.

Tebow hasn't shown any ability to do that this preseason. His drives have repeatedly stalled and he's been ineffective in the red zone even when he was gifted starting field position there by the Defense.

Say what you want about Orton as a QB - nobody denies his ability to move the Offense between the 20s...
    What we saw was Tebow working on the worst aspects of his game. He was getting live reps on everything he doesn't do well. His drives may have stalled, but let use his entire reputoire of abilities and things could be different. They let Tebow be Tebow on the last drive and he looked good.

tebow wins

like i said keep tebow around and give quinn the axe
    [B]Brewer[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    What we saw was Tebow working on the worst aspects of his game. He was getting live reps on everything he doesn't do well. His drives may have stalled, but let use his entire reputoire of abilities and things could be different. They let Tebow be Tebow on the last drive and he looked good.
    Arizona was up 26-0. Tebow launches a wobbly Hail Mary that Eron Riley (with the corner playing 10 yds off him) manages to run underneath and pull in and TEBOW LOOKS GOOD?!?!

Come on now. You would fry me if I tried to hold up a play like that for Orton as an example of good play...
    - Kyle Orton

Arizona was up 26-0. Tebow launches a wobbly Hail Mary that Eron Riley (with the corner playing 10 yds off him) manages to run underneath and pull in and TEBOW LOOKS GOOD?!?!

Come on now. You would fry me if I tried to hold up a play like that for Orton as an example of good play...
    While the pass might have been wobbly, it was on the money. Riley didn't even have to slow down for it or run underneath it.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!