Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Taylor Mays on the block

Per Adam schefter "49ers sent out a mass email this afternoon to teams around the league to try and trade safety Taylor Mays."

Mays has a ton of potential, he is a liability in coverage but that can be taught. If he could be mentored by Dawkins it would do him wonders. Let Moore, Carter, and Mays battle it out would be an extremely strong safety class if the price is right.

No. I'm not even sure Mays is better than Carter. We have enough competition at safety.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Per Adam schefter "49ers sent out a mass email this afternoon to teams around the league to try and trade safety Taylor Mays."

Mays has a ton of potential, he is a liability in coverage but that can be taught. If he could be mentored by Dawkins it would do him wonders. Let Moore, Carter, and Mays battle it out would be an extremely strong safety class if the price is right.
    Im pretty sure he wouldnt fit the system we are implementing. Not that i wouldnt want him though
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

I actually really like Taylor Mays, but we have our 2 safteys of the future. Pass.

No reason to trade for him, we have a log jam at the saftey position.

thomas davis was a safety in georgia, maybe taylor mays at OLB?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [COLOR="Orange"][SIZE="5"][FONT="Impact"]SIMON SAYS 97.5 SACKS!!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Do they want Kyle Orton?

We're stacked at the position and the 49er's are trying to ship him out after his rookie season? I think we're good.

I think Taylor Mays could play some weakside linebacker for Fox. He is an incredible athlete, and a hard hitter. At linebacker, his coverage problems wouldn't be so bad. And can you imagine Mays and Von Miller?

2 fastest linebackers in the NFL!
    Denver Broncos GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

No thanks we're stacked at the position as of now. It's not good sign when you are second round pick after rookie season your team already trying to trade you away. Pass....

If we trade for him it would to play him at WLB

Taylor Mays is better than Darcel McBath, David Bruton and Kyle McCarthy. And his physical presence could eventually replace Brian Dawkins in run support. He would be good competition at strong safety. It depends on the draft pick that we would have to send. Keep in mind that Denver will play a lot of zone coverage, so Mays would not be a huge liability. He has the range and speed to cover his zone.

EDIT: if he does not fit the 49ers defense and they want a late round pick... I would take him. 6th round pick, for example. He has a lot of talent to be coached by Fox and Allen in a zone defense.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 08-04-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

My cousins pissed off at the niners... LOL.

They have lost 5 starters on defense... this will be another loss, though i don't think he was a starter.

But come on, 1 season and ship out?

Have hin play WLB, he fits the bill

No thanks, we got plenty of safeties.

Unless it cost a 5th or 6th.