Page 144 of 240 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3589
    Four runs snuffed out and one Quinn incompletion.
    Tebow handed off. Quinn had one pass (incomplete).
    Don't worry, Tebow hasn't lost his knack for finding the endzone.

Sounds like an Orton situation, definitely.

Right

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    It is a wild ride!

I can't wait for the preseason games, because every time I see Tebow on the field, he just makes things happen. He seemed to do that last year.

The problem is though that you can't practice what he does. If you improvise in practice, it works against you. Because then the O-line and the receivers can't really work on what they need to work on.

That also applies to games. That's what I hated about Mike Vick for a long time. As an OC, Vick would've been my worst nightmare early in his career because if you're trying to set up something downfield, and the D is taking the deep/intermediate patterns away, it takes time to set up. So the idea is to attack the flats, then the D will start coming up to defend the flats opening the curls, then you attack the curls and the flats, and then eventually you get to the deeper ins and the post patterns. It's a simplified example, but just go with me on this.

Wiith Vick, you try to attack the flats, well, he just took off and gained 10 yards. Then he throws to the flat, then he takes off again for another 3 yards. Then you try to go back to attacking the flat. The point is the defense never gets conditioned to come up to the flat. So with Mike Vick, it was impossible to have any type of strategy. You might as well have let Mike Vick draw plays in the dirt.

Tebow needs to learn (quickly) that there's a time and a place for improvising. But mostly, you need to live within the framework of the offense. As a team, everyone will be more successful that way. The problem is that until he gets comfortable, which means reps, he's always going to feel the need to improvise.

So there's definitely a catch 22 here. You want him to play within the framework of the offense and don't feel comfortable with him as a starter until he can work within that framework, but you need to give him reps in order for him to be comfortable working within that framework.
    NFL OCs are good at manipulating the passing game and NFL DCs are good at countering it. It is usually easy to recognize coverages that leave the middle of the field open (cover 0, cover 2, cover 4) and the ones that close the middle (cover 1, cover 2 robber, Tampa 2, cover 3). Working series of pass plays is something at which the NFL excels.

The run game is another story. Run plays are so randomly called and run offense is so minimal that it gives the playcalling a very grab bag effect. John Fox intends to have a sophisticated run game. I wonder if it means a return to true run series (e.g., Lombardi's Sweep Series, Noll's Trap Series, Gibbs' Counter Series)? Such a thing can be a QB's best friend because successful run series makes the D bite, and when they do PAP is open.

It is interesting to note that Tebow was running some option at practice last night. You are correct about Tebow's weak areas: flat, curl, hook, drag, comeback, mesh. That was a weakness Elway had early in his career, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    The reality lies in the middle. It's a very stressful time as a quarterback, and people are willing to believe what will happen will be what they want to happen. Neither quarterback is truly dominant over the other, though Kyle seems to have a better chance of starting game one at this point.

As for the other players, they're working just as hard to earn their spot on the roster. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it isn't going on. There's an intense competition right now at ever roster position. That's just the way it is. If a player can't dominate practice, they know they can't expect a sure spot on the field, and it's frustrating for them. It should be. Look at Joe Mays, he's trying to be more than a starter, but show himself as a leader as well. He's working as hard as he can and more. The receivers are in a fierce battle for a spot too. Ryan Harris went to the Eagles to avoid competition for his spot, which is understandable. It's everywhere.

It all boils down to one thing: You need to form an opinion of the situation for yourself. Sources to build up that opinion are all over the place. For myself, I look at Adam Schefter's reporting, training camp updates, etc. to decide on who's doing well and who isn't. Even then, I take what I think with a grain of salt. Getting worked up one way or another leads yourself to being let down. I think it's awesome that we don't know yet. It's exciting to watch, and it only makes our team better. We can speculate, but on any given Sunday, there's no telling what happens.

Hang tight, it's a wild ride. We'll get to the same place though.
    Well said.

And to the OP, you have to remember that most of these analysts, sports writers and even some of the posters here are looking for a reaction. Bottom line, trust your own eyes and make your own opinion because its truly the only one that matters.

I think it will come down to the preseason games that will determine who will start at QB this year, Tebow will shine :~)

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    He used to post here some, I miss his posts.

Good find and thanks for sharing.
    Awe, shucks. You guys are sweet. Sorry I haven't been around. The Bronco fan base has been in turmoil and one board is all I could manage.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    Awe, shucks. You guys are sweet. Sorry I haven't been around. The Bronco fan base has been in turmoil and one board is all I could manage.
    The Orange Mane is rainbows and butterflies compared to this board.

We have Orton worshipers (literally) we have to protect our fanbase from each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    The Orange Mane is rainbows and butterflies compared to this board.

We have Orton worshipers (literally) we have to protect our fanbase from each day.
    BTW, thanks for quoting me and linking the Mane with my report.

For those worried the defense isn't awesome, Rome wasn't built in a day. Remember too that the defensive coaching staff hasn't had OTA's to fiddle and they have a lot of new parts. There's going to be a lot of tinkering even into the season until they figure out what they have and how they want to use everyone. Patience.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

For those worried the defense isn't awesome, Rome wasn't built in a day. Remember too that the defensive coaching staff hasn't had OTA's to fiddle and they have a lot of new parts. There's going to be a lot of tinkering even into the season until they figure out what they have and how they want to use everyone. Patience.
    Kaylore,

I see you post on the Mane alot and there are some goods posters over there. Just have to dig though some of the mess.

I do want to thank you and the others for all the reports, pictures you send our way.

Thanks again for all your hard work, it is appreciated. Try not to be a stranger here, we really are good people...well try to be.

Looks like Warren is really glad to be in Denver it is nice to see that, I was not sure at first cause he checked out other teams but he seems real happy to be here. :~)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I'm not really sure how much of a shot Willis has at the #2 spot. I think that's a battle between Decker and Royal, I'm not sure if he's gonna be able to leapfrog them and take that job.
    I have my money on Willis and Decker getting the job.I think both players will leapfrog Eddie Royal.With Kyle Ortons style of play with not extending the play to hit Royal,it makes Royal look bad.Royal is a deep threat not a possession receiver and Kyle have to hit him deep in order for Royal to make an impact on the team.Also,if Royal gets stronger or learn how to break off jams at the line of scrimmage by opposing CBs, it may help his cause keep his spot.

Its a real chance Royal will get beat out!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I have my money on Willis and Decker getting the job.I think both players will leapfrog Eddie Royal.With Kyle Ortons style of play with not extending the play to hit Royal,it makes Royal look bad.Royal is a deep threat not a possession receiver and Kyle have to hit him deep in order for Royal to make an impact on the team.Also,if Royal gets stronger or learn how to break off jams at the line of scrimmage by opposing CBs, it may help his cause keep his spot.

Its a real chance Royal will get beat out!

Disagree my man. Eddie is firmly in the #2 spot right now. Decker is making his run, but I dont think he will unseat eddie. Eddie back to a normal system and is also back to his normal skills. The ones where he was the leading rookie wr and came just a few yards short of a 1k season.

Eddie is back! and we have seen it so far. Not to take away from eric or matt because both look sick too, but barring an unforseen, this is eddies job through and through. He is also the best route runner of the three.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

If he really is as explosive as they say he is in camp then I have high hopes for the guy even though I didn't agree with the pick during the draft.

No problem man. Thanks for providing it!

We love seeing Broncos news.

I've noticed there are usually many more posters on the Orange Mane that go to TC and post what they see. Not so much this year it seems, but you saved the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Rambler View Post
    I believe that every coordinator has a different perception of prototypical attributes per role in regards to the linebacking corps.

However; my experience in the game has taught me the following:

WLB: Typically a "scrape" linebacker. Very agile, usually stays in on nickel situations. Has the ability to excel in pass coverage, as well as the ability to scrape the gain line for potential cut-backs in the run game.
    --Usually smaller, faster.

MLB: Run-stuffer primarily. However, a good MLB is able to drop deep in the "hole" during zone coverage. His coverage skills aren't necessarily superior, yet the ability to get a quick drop on the under line to give the opposing quarterback the illusion of no throwing lane is paramount. And ideal MIKE is strong at the point of attack, and an impeccable reader between the 'B' gaps...giving him the ability to shoot the lane and stop the run "hopefully" before the gain line. Also must be extremely vocal.
    --Typically bigger, stronger.

SLB: Somewhat of a hybrid between the WILL and the MIKE. Usually responsible for covering the TE when in during passing situations which requires quick feet. However he is very important in regards to "re-routing" wrecievers in zone coverages at the line. Thus requiring strength to 'pop' said wreciever (albeit TE or Slot, sometimes the RB on the strong side). Also important for stuffing the run on the "C" gaps. Typically does not have outside responsibility in the run.
    --Taller, thick, and quick feet.

**those may not be 100% correct, but it might help to give you a perspective.
    Thank you for the clarification