Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

August 17th - Supp Draft

If OT-Mike Adams declares for it I hope we make an offer. From everything we have heard Franklin is getting absolutely dominated in pass protection. I would still rather see Franklin playing in at guard.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    If OT-Mike Adams declares for it I hope we make an offer. From everything we have heard Franklin is getting absolutely dominated in pass protection. I would still rather see Franklin playing in at guard.
    I haven't heard anything about him declaring lately. I might be a good move if the pick wasn't too high though.

we will claim another RT off waivers....give Orlando time. its been 2 weeks lol

The Broncos have some issues when it comes to depth at the OL. Not just OT. Manny Ramirez is listed as the #2 C. I thought Eric Olsen would have such job, but he is buried as an OG. Jeff Legwold reported that Quinn and Tebow threw interceptions today after bad center-to-quarterback exchanges in the 2-minute drill. And as far as I know, Ramirez was an OG at Texas Tech. Chris Clark and Herb Taylor are the backup OTs. That's not the depth you're lookiing for. I know the Broncos might add more OL through the waiver wire after the cuts begin, but it's risky to count on waivers to improve your depth.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

We need OL & DL help desperately

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    The Broncos have some issues when it comes to depth at the OL. Not just OT. Manny Ramirez is listed as the #2 C. I thought Eric Olsen would have such job, but he is buried as an OG. Jeff Legwold reported that Quinn and Tebow threw interceptions today after bad center-to-quarterback exchanges in the 2-minute drill. And as far as I know, Ramirez was an OG at Texas Tech. Chris Clark and Herb Taylor are the backup OTs. That's not the depth you're lookiing for. I know the Broncos might add more OL through the waiver wire after the cuts begin, but it's risky to count on waivers to improve your depth.
    Manny Ramirez is a solid Guard and am not sure why he is listed as an OC. He is an OG.

Eric Olsen IMO is better suited to Guard as when he was at Notre Dame he was decent at Center but his ability to get the snap back and then get hands on his man was difficult for him at times. However when he got it right he was very good. However saying that I thought that Olsen would be much better than Ramirez at Center.

I really did think that we would have got a veteran backup center or at least an undrafted free agent by now but maybe they feel comfortable with that.

At Tackle I like Adam Grant as a backup developmental Tackle and I think he will play well in the pre season but I am just not happy with Franklin at Tackle. I like him as a guard.

Quote Originally Posted by broncosdude88 View Post
    we will claim another RT off waivers....give Orlando time. its been 2 weeks lol
    Yes I know it has been sucjh a short time but everyone pretty much knew that he would struggle in pass protection and he is. Badly. I don't see it getting any better any time soon. And with Kyle Orton back there. He will die.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I haven't heard anything about him declaring lately. I might be a good move if the pick wasn't too high though.
    Yeh well the whole talk about the guys entering has died down but I would give a 3rd/4th Round Offer for Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    We need OL & DL help desperately
    While I agree we need o-line depth badly, I think we are now good at D-Line. Man I really wish we wouldn't have let Ryan Harris get away, something tells me we will live to regret this move!

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    While I agree we need o-line depth badly, I think we are now good at D-Line. Man I really wish we wouldn't have let Ryan Harris get away, something tells me we will live to regret this move!
    We have serious ? at DT & backup DE. We don't know if Ayers will produce or Jarmon or Hunter or Beal, etc. DT is our biggest ? going into the draft next year

We have serious ? at DT & backup DE. We don't know if ANY OF THE DEFENSIVE LINEMAN WILL PRODUCE. DT is our biggest ? going into the draft next year
    Sounds familiar doesn't it?
    -like the past 10 years or so?!

btw...tweaked ur post a little. (I included Doom due to his injury last yr and position change. Yes I know he was a DE before and is lighting up a rookie RT in practice)

Is there a list of the players who are entering?

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Not as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Two players were declared eligible:

RB Caleb King, Georgia

S Tracy Wilson, Northern Illinois

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6757/terrelle-pryor

Former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor has postponed his personal "Pro Day" after being left out of Tuesday's supplemental draft announcement.

Only two players were declared eligible: Former Georgia RB Caleb King and Northern Illinois S Tracy Wilson. Neither is considered likely to be taken. Pryor might have gone in the late rounds, but the NFL is still deciding whether to let him enter. Said Pryor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, on Tuesday: "No decision has been made yet regarding Terrelle's eligibility for the supplemental draft."
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor has been declared eligible for the NFL's supplemental draft, but will be ineligible to play in the first five games after he signs.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Aug 18, 9:27 AM

We have serious ? at DT & backup DE. We don't know if Ayers will produce or Jarmon or Hunter or Beal, etc. DT is our biggest ? going into the draft next year
    Idk Jarmon, Harvey, and Hunter looked pretty good for backups in the preseason game