Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LA Chargers?

LA Chargers?

Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN had an LA reporter on who says he thinks Charges to LA could be announced at season's end. Apparently, LA is getting a new football stadium completely funded by private dollars.

The stadium was announced last year, yesterday the city was giving permission to make the stadium.

I think the more logical and smart thing to do is move the Chargers to LA, no point in having 2 teams in southern Cal if you move any other team that's not the chargers to LA.

Adam S. said Oakland and San Diego are the 2 teams to watch.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Here's my question... What happens to Qualcomm if it's the Chargers who move? It makes more sense for a Cali team to move to LA than say the Jags or any other team on the ropes.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

There are too many California teams.

They don't need another team.

No teams should move there either (but if one had to move the Chargers do make the most sense).

LA had several teams in the past and the populace would not support them. The NFL is crowded enough as is with 32 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

No teams should move there either (but if one had to move the Chargers do make the most sense).

LA had several teams in the past and the populace would not support them. The NFL is crowded enough as is with 32 teams.
    They're not forming a whole new 33rd team. There is no plan to have another team.

It's all just moving teams not creating teams. I don't know where you got the idea of a 33rd team being made.

As for the number of teams in Cali, there is only 2 NFL teams in Cali. You act as if there is 4 or 5.

It does make sense that the Chargers get moved a few miles up to LA, hints why everybody sees Oakland and San Diego as the only 2 teams that would get moved.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    They're not forming a whole new 33rd team. There is no plan to have another team.

It's all just moving teams not creating teams. I don't know where you got the idea of a 33rd team being made.

As for the number of teams in Cali, there is only 2 NFL teams in Cali. You act as if there is 4 or 5.

It does make sense that the Chargers get moved a few miles up to LA, hints why everybody sees Oakland and San Diego as the only 2 teams that would get moved.

Read the part that I BOLDED in my post.

There are only 2 teams in California?

Are those two teams the Oakland Raiders and the San Diego Chargers? Last time I checked San Francisco was also in California and actually is right across the bay from Oakland. That doesn't make 2 teams. That makes 3.

California has plenty of teams and does not need another nor should any of those teams move. LA had 3 teams before. They had the Chargers. They left. They had the Rams, they left. They also had the Raiders - then they left.

NY has 2 in a lot smaller of a place

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Here's my question... What happens to Qualcomm if it's the Chargers who move? It makes more sense for a Cali team to move to LA than say the Jags or any other team on the ropes.
    It would probably remain as bait for another football team should the Chargers move, and be used by the SDSU Aztecs in the duration. Until ultimately destroyed to build yet more shopping areas and cheap condos like the rest of Mission Valley.

Instead of "Why isn't there a football team in the 2nd largest market in America?" It would become, "why isn't there a football team in the 7th largest market in America."
    Last edited by Puddleglum; 08-10-2011 at 06:20 PM.

There is also 2 in Florida and 2 in Texas

Idk why California cant have around 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post
    NY has 2 in a lot smaller of a place
    I believe there are 8.4ish million people in the CITY of New York alone. For comparison San Diego is the 7th largest city in the United States and has like 1.4 million people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post
    There is also 2 in Florida and 2 in Texas

Idk why California cant have around 3
    There are actually 3 teams in Florida. (Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Miami)

As California is the most populous state in the union, 4 teams could work.

Just please don't put LA and SD in the same conference, we hate each other enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    I believe there are 8.4ish million people in the CITY of New York alone. For comparison San Diego is the 7th largest city in the United States and has like 1.4 million people.
    I meant geographically they are close.

Plus the Bills is 3

Read the part that I BOLDED in my post.

There are only 2 teams in California?

Are those two teams the Oakland Raiders and the San Diego Chargers? Last time I checked San Francisco was also in California and actually is right across the bay from Oakland. That doesn't make 2 teams. That makes 3.

California has plenty of teams and does not need another nor should any of those teams move. LA had 3 teams before. They had the Chargers. They left. They had the Rams, they left. They also had the Raiders - then they left.
    Oh I am so so so sorry that I forgot a team, I mean I can not imagine how thrown off you was from the post.

You seem to get butt hurt a lot, suck it up.

Unless Cali has 4 or more teams, it's not to much. If it is, then every state that has 2-3 teams should move those teams.

A team is getting moved rather you like it or not.

Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoElway View Post
    Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN had an LA reporter on who says he thinks Charges to LA could be announced at season's end. Apparently, LA is getting a new football stadium completely funded by private dollars.
    It's a very real possibility. The Chargers have been angling for a new stadium for at the very least 5 years and probably more like a decade. I'd take JCDavey or Baphamet's opinion on that over mine though I only remember it being there not necessarily when it started.

It makes the most sense for the Chargers to move as they would think that they would then keep their own fans and gain LA. For the most part they would be correct, for a little while anyway. San Diego is a large transplant city though, the only reason I grew up here is because my dad was in the Navy otherwise we'd probably be out in Wyoming.

The point I'm trying to make is that as a transplant city we root for the home team but I think tons of people out hear have a 2nd or even 3rd team they follow more closely.

As big of a deal this may be with a brand new stadium, they may be wanting to change the name too. He He.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=381063&dateline=13158  14669
    I Adopt #77 well damn!
    Milla Da QB Killa' #77
    Fox Rocks #77