Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

just saw team america world police (sneak preview)

well, its not for the youngins amoung us. but if you like south park, you'll definately like this one. it makes fun of everyone and everthing and does a good job of it. the songs are absolutely hilarious. i felt they took it over the top a couple of times, but what did you expect from stone and parker - again don't take the kids though.

oh and i really didn't like the south park movie, if that helps.

go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

ok i'm bumping this b/c i want to know whether anyone else saw it and what you think?

go broncos
    share the sidewalk

I like the scene with "Let's go back to the base for debriefing and ****tails," or whatever...

Can you give me an example of why not "to bring the kids"?

I was sorta interested, but I don't know, I think, deep down inside, I'm gonna get insulted or something of another along the way. I guess I just might finally go see Shaun of the Dead or The Grudge.

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore

I was sorta interested, but I don't know, I think, deep down inside, I'm gonna get insulted or something of another along the way. I guess I just might finally go see Shaun of the Dead or The Grudge.
    I loved the movie but I'm also a huge South Park fan.

Do NOT take kids to to movie because there is lots of bad language and very adult (sexual) topics. Yes, even a puppet sex scene. The South Park guys, Matt and Trey, are actually very intelligent and have a lot of subtle humor but it is interspersed with quite a bit of crude humor. They love to make fun of just about everybody and everthing so many people get offended.

Anyway, I'm very easy going and happen to think the guys are hilarious. But don't let your kids watch this movie, or South Park for that matter.

Im going to see it the day it comes out here which i think is tomorrow.

well, javalon pretty much said everything i was going to: there is a lot of cursing and sexual jokes (including a puppet sex scene). i guess there is a lot of violence too - that to me isn't as big a deal as the first too but i know some people don't think kids should see it.

basically you'll only like this movie if you like south park. as i remember, you were one of the guys who didn't like some of us laughing about the situation where the guy shot his friend over madden . . . . so this movie might not be up your alley - i'm not trying to put you down, i'm just anticipate your response.

go broncos
    share the sidewalk

Nah, I watch South Park often cause while the jokes are incredibly offensive to many people, they also are quite intelligent behind it all.

I just don't think this is a movie for me to see; it just looks kinda lame... I'll rent it eventually. I think I'm gonna go watch 'SAW' which is supposed to be spectacular.

Nah, I watch South Park often cause while the jokes are incredibly offensive to many people, they also are quite intelligent behind it all.

I just don't think this is a movie for me to see; it just looks kinda lame... I'll rent it eventually. I think I'm gonna go watch 'SAW' which is supposed to be spectacular.
    Well, if you like South Park, you should see this film. It's the exact same humor but with an R rating and with puppets. I was laughing so hard I was crying a couple times. The theater was going nuts (it was the sneak preview so probably full of diehard fans) except for one little old couple that got up and left, and they probably had no idea what they were watching in the first place.

But, again, don't bring the kids.

I saw this movie yesterday....at first, leaving the theater, i thought to myself...this movie was alright, but i think that's because it was overhyped for me..i was expecting south park the movie all over again, but really, it's hard to compete with that. Personally, i thought that movie (SP the movie) was one of the funniest movies i've ever seen.
    Regardless, later on in the night, me and my friend found ourselves repeating soooo many different quotes from the movie, so all-in-all, i thought it was a real funny movie.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Originally posted by Javalon
    The theater was going nuts (it was the sneak preview so probably full of diehard fans) except for one little old couple that got up and left, and they probably had no idea what they were watching in the first place.
    man, we might have been in the same theater - mine was cracking up the whole time too. and we had one couple get up and leave, but that was probably b/c they had brought their kids who looked to be about 6 years old.

nameusedbefore - if you like south park, you should see this. i didn't know what to expect, b/c i didn't like the south park movie, but it turned out to be well on the high end of my expectations.

go broncos
    share the sidewalk

"America...F*** yea!"
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
    "America...F*** yea!"
    "I'm so ronery!" (Hmm. That doesn't look like it sounded in the movie.)

"I miss you almost as bad as Ben Affleck needs acting lessons" or something along those lines.
    Honestly, the musicals might have been the best part of that movie.

My Girlfriend is in Alabama right now visiting family. She called me last night and had gone to the movie on Saturday.

She loved it too. She's gonna take me when she gets back and rested up.

She said it totally rocks and has lots of subtle commedy in it. Really clever wit.

Alastor.