Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Kevin Kolb had shown 10x more than Flynn had before he was traded and look how that worked out.

Trading for Flynn (what would be at least a 2nd) would be stupid. Even more so now that we've got Tebow who's doing enough to keep us winning.

St. Louis Rams GM

Flynn is learning from the best QB in the NFL and he has a great coaching staff there. And there were some teams that made offers for Flynn, the Packers don't want to let him go though. There are a lot of reasons to be excited about him and what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Flynn is learning from the best QB in the NFL and he has a great coaching staff there. And there were some teams that made offers for Flynn, the Packers don't want to let him go though. There are a lot of reasons to be excited about him and what he can do.
    Didn't Painter have a great QB to learn from ?

If there were offers, and I don't buy rumors, then the Packers would of traded him unless the offers were round 6 and 7 picks.

He wasn't highly thought of out of college and hasn't had much NFL gametime

Well I think the reason a lot of people are high on Matt is because everyone in Greenbay organization is. Yes Matt was 7th rounder but was able to unseat a 2nd round pick in training camp of Brian Brohm who now playing in the UFL. Yes Matt has limited amount tape on him and has done more handing of then anything else. You have to look at the fact for the Packers organization to be really high on him and the fact his head coach how drafted him is telling media that he ready to start now. I think McCarthy would love to keep him as a backup for Rogers if able but understand he probably won’t be able to compete with free agency and they will not franchise him. He is only 26 years old and has sat behind Rogers for 4 years. Kolb was basically an after thought to Andy once he say what Vick was able to in just year 2 of the system compared to Kolb who was suppose to be McNabb replacement. Kolb was 1 for seven as a starter and basically if Whisenhunt hadn’t been trying to save his job Kolb most likely gets cut prior to week one for cap in my opinion. And even when the let Donovan go I never saw Andy Reid come out and say Kolb is are starter for the future it was Kolb has little better understanding of the playbook. But Andy sure dumped him once Vick got going.

There is a possibility that it could totally turn out like Kevin Kolb in Arizona. We all will just have wait and see. But I still think Mike McCarthy could be one of the best judges of talent in the NFL excepted for Bill Bilichick who took Tom Brady in the 5th round I do believe.

Quote Originally Posted by sSync View Post
    We see it all the time; people fall in love with a backup somewhere based on success in a small sample size (often surrounded by a strong team), other people see other people falling in love and hop on the bandwagon, more people see the bandwagon filling up and want to get in while there are still seats, and all of a sudden you've got this massive movement based on very little substance.

Kevin Kolb anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post

So under this reasoning, if we were only to somehow get Jim Sorgie next offseason (don't let a fan of another team see this!)....... Superbowl. He has had an extra couple years since he left the Colts to even hone his craft!
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo View Post
    Kevin Kolb anyone?

So under this reasoning, if we were only to somehow get Jim Sorgie next offseason (don't let a fan of another team see this!)....... Superbowl. He has had an extra couple years since he left the Colts to even hone his craft!
    There's a difference between having the skillset to play QB and just being there to fill a roster spot. The Colts never got a legitimate backup QB for Manning because they never truly anticipated losing him. And not to discredit Jim Sorgie, because he definitely could help call some plays and hold that clipboard, but he was never going to be an NFL QB regardless of who he learned from. They also haven't given Manning an offense worth anything the past few years. That o-line is terrible, that running game is terrible. Outside of an aging Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Jeff Saturday they are absolutely garbage.

Matt Flynn has the skillset to play QB and when he was drafted GB still wasn't sure whether or not Aaron Rodgers was the real deal hence Brian Brohm who Matt Flynn beat out. The difference between Flynn and Sorgie/Painter is that Flynn can actually play QB in the NFL. He's actually pretty similar to Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    it really is all hype, he showed promise in a few games, so people are buying in.

If he was really as good as he's hyped up to be, we would have seen trade offers for him in the offseason.
    You would've seen trade offers if McCarthy wouldn't have put all the trade talk to rest. As soon as there were rumors about teams wanting to trade for Flynn, McCarthy ended everybody hopes IMMEDIATELY.

@Lulic Flynn is a UFA at the end of the year, so we wouldn't have to trade for him.

Kolb 2.0, and we'd sign him, he's a FA after this year.

I'm the same, don't get the hype over a guy who has a stacked offense.

I don't get the Kolb comparisons, unless Flynn has really improved his velocity since being at LSU. I'm not saying Kolb has great velocity either.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Flynn has the skill set and ability to be a franchise QB, best part is he would be free, bring him in on a high end back up contract and let him compete to start.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Kolb 2.0, and we'd sign him, he's a FA after this year.

I'm the same, don't get the hype over a guy who has a stacked offense.
    ~How is Flynn "Kolb 2.0?"

~What does having a "Stacked Offense" have to do with anything?

The Colts have a "Stacked" offense. How are they looking offensively with Painter at QB? The Patriots have a "Stacked" offense, yet and still when they took Brady out of the game (Last year. Already clinched playoffs) They had to put him back in because Hoyer was losing the lead, WITH THE STARTERS IN THE GAME.

The times that Flynn has had with that offense (starters) he's made some very accurate passes. I don't remember any of the reciever having to make "Brandon Lloyd" type catches. And the offense has still been able to put points on the board.

Flynn has a good arm, accurate, and moblie. He's been groomed by one of the best IMO, and he's ready to be a starter in the NFL. Plus it doesn't hurt that during the Pre-season, there were reports that he looked better than Aaron Rodgers. YES I know it's just practice, but that's a very, very high compliment.

As much as I would love to sign Flynn. I don't think we will. UNLESS we cut TBow (not likely), or we can sign Flynn for dirt cheap (which won't happen.) But I do believe that we will draft a QB in the 1st, no later than the 2nd rd to compete with TBow. And this will actually be the QB competition that SHOULD'VE happened between KO, TBow, and Quinn.