Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DP: Conditioning runs return to practice...

I never realized that the team didn't condition in TC. Hopefully this worksout in Denver

Link

Conditioning runs return to Broncos practice
    By Lindsay Jones

Share One thing missing from every training camp practice this year were the full-squad conditioning sprints. Those 40-yard gassers were daily staples for the past two camps under former head coach Josh McDaniels. Anyone who attended camp last year probably remembers Tim Tebow winning his heat of sprints every time. (As did Air Force DL Ben Garland).

On Tuesday, the running was back, but only for the non-special teams players — a group that includes the quarterbacks, starting tailbacks, most of the starting offensive and defensive linemen and some other select veteran starters like Champ Bailey, D.J. Williams and Brandon Lloyd.

While the special teams units worked on kickoff coverage at the end of practice, strength and conditioning coach Rich Tuten supervised the 40-yard sprints. And yes, Tebow still won his heat, though it was a close race with 2011 first-rounder Von Miller.

“We’re getting used to our in-season practice schedule,” head coach John Fox said. “We don’t condition in camp, but we condition once the regular season starts.”

Uhm... In an offseason with no camp, the team is just now starting to condition... Wonderful. Brilliant.

hahaha Did anyone see Vickerson during the first drive of the Bills game. The camera guy caught him dying out there. Looked like he was having a hard time in the 1st quarter. Fox better get these guys running and in shape! with no offseason must be rough for some players!
    “Coach Fox is a great fit for us not only with his coaching ability but also with his personality,” Elway said. “He is a dynamic and proven leader who will energize our entire organization. John has coached great defenses, turned teams around and been to Super Bowls.”

[FONT="Fixedsys"]Kyle Orton Army #148 :orton:[/FONT]

Did i read right? Did tebow beat Miller in a 40 yard dash? Didnt miller run a 4.4 at the combine?

Quote Originally Posted by jgod654 View Post
    Did i read right? Did tebow beat Miller in a 40 yard dash? Didnt miller run a 4.4 at the combine?
    Nobody runs the 40 yard sprints as fast as they can, or else someone like Champ or Lloyd would be first every time.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

It's competitive speed. Most people run faster when they have someone to race. So, it doesn't surprise me Tebow won.

yea im shocked about that! dang Tebow should be are HB!
    Moreno and Tebow at HB+ Orton at QB=Superbowl
    “Coach Fox is a great fit for us not only with his coaching ability but also with his personality,” Elway said. “He is a dynamic and proven leader who will energize our entire organization. John has coached great defenses, turned teams around and been to Super Bowls.”

[FONT="Fixedsys"]Kyle Orton Army #148 :orton:[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
    Nobody runs the 40 yard sprints as fast as they can, or else someone like Champ or Lloyd would be first every time.
    ^Pretty much that......
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

Pure speed isn't measured in conditioning. Cardiovascular capabilty is strengthened, mental toughness is challenged, and the hard workers stand out.

At first glance no conditioning yet kinda makes ya go HUH?

But then again if the full TC time was spent educating that could payoff in spades down the road.

What do they got 3 weeks to get into football shape? Hmmmm, at second glance WTH are they thinking?

I guess Rocky got in shape between Thanksgiving and New Years thats just a few weeks...

\

It's gassers. You go down, back, down, back. So if you're doing 50 yard gassers which is what we did, then you're running 200 yards. So Tebow didn't beat Von in a 40. He beat Von in a 200 yard sprint with 3 stops and turn arounds.

I heard Von was ahead of Tebow for most of the time, then with 20 yards to go in the sprint Tebow caught him and passed him.

For anyone who knows gassers, they know that it measures endurance. Von was gassed, which is the point of gassers, and Tebow had more left in the tank. That's it.

For anyone who's ran gassers you know for that last home stretch your legs are so heavy and numb, your lungs are burning by the 2nd one. By the 4th one, you're so tired, everything's numb and you feel like you're about pass out. And that's one. 9 more to go! Nah, it's not that bad. It's bad, but not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    It's gassers. You go down, back, down, back. So if you're doing 50 yard gassers which is what we did, then you're running 200 yards. So Tebow didn't beat Von in a 40. He beat Von in a 200 yard sprint with 3 stops and turn arounds.

I heard Von was ahead of Tebow for most of the time, then with 20 yards to go in the sprint Tebow caught him and passed him.

For anyone who knows gassers, they know that it measures endurance. Von was gassed, which is the point of gassers, and Tebow had more left in the tank. That's it.

For anyone who's ran gassers you know for that last home stretch your legs are so heavy and numb, your lungs are burning by the 2nd one. By the 4th one, you're so tired, everything's numb and you feel like you're about pass out. And that's one. 9 more to go! Nah, it's not that bad. It's bad, but not that bad.
    THIS.

10 char.
    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post

Ahhh bringing back fond memories of Football/Rugby practice.
    2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

A gasser is 40 yards turn around 40 yards turn around 40 yards turn around 40 yards done

thats one

we ran 12 last year in the 2nd day of practice(though they were 35 yards not 40)

it doesn't measure how fast you are. If it did Vaughn Champ or Eddie would win every race

it measures your endurance...and they suck a lot lol.

I hated running gassers back in high school

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor