Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    Great Post,I agree! Especially the last quote
    I guess you disagree with me then......hope you are wrong about this season, and our direction.

Again some advice (as you are basically saying I need some)........ it is called a "thread" and when I copy others, I make it clear that it is someone's else's article.......

And for the last time.......have you ever said to someone that, after doing something positively, "you're starting to look like" followed by a name of someone famous? Well, essentially that was the purpose of this thread.......to say that maybe we are starting to look like a team with an identity again. That is a harmless comparison.

And I don't mind anyone responding with, "I see what you are saying, but I still disagree". But a few have chosen to say "no way" basically, or "light years away", which for me states you are not open minded in the discussion. That's why I do not want to engage too much with some, albeit long time members here, who I would have thought would try to see both sides....AND USE DISCRETION when discussing things like minor comparisons.

Choose your course.......
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-31-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Not until we get a dominant dt

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Again some advice (as you are basically saying I need some)........ it is called a "thread" and when I copy others, I make it clear that it is someone's else's article.......

What you said about "Thread Posting" does not have anything to do with this topic,you went off topic.

I can make my "Threads" the way i want,i don't need your advice on anything.If you don't like the way i do things, then don't respond.

mtn man made a very good post i agreed with him instead of you.It seems you got upset about it and is very sensitive to me taking his side instead of yours, and is calling me out about "Thread" posting.

Its cool,you do things your way and i do things my way.
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 08-31-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syvari View Post
    Not until we get a dominant dt
    We also don't know about the run game. The offense hasn't quite had time to "gel" yet. I remember how dominant the running game was. It didn't matter who we had in the backfield. They were in for a big game!

I think we're on our way. So the answer to the OP is yes, we are starting to look like the good old Broncos. But that's it for now. It's a start.

I still have concerns about the offense just because I do watch the Panthers every year when Fox was there and their offenses under Fox have been some of the worst in the league, they have always had decent defenses though. The massive improvement on the D side for the doesn't suprise me at all. You guys have to remember, there is a reason why Fox is no longer with the Panthers. It should be a better year though just because of the Defense is much improved.

I guess you disagree with me then......hope you are wrong about this season, and our direction.

And for the last time.......have you ever said to someone that, after doing something positively, "you're starting to look like" followed by a name of someone famous? Well, essentially that was the purpose of this thread.......to say that maybe we are starting to look like a team with an identity again. That is a harmless comparison.

And I don't mind anyone responding with, "I see what you are saying, but I still disagree". But a few have chosen to say "no way" basically, or "light years away", which for me states you are not open minded in the discussion. That's why I do not want to engage too much with some, albeit long time members here, who I would have thought would try to see both sides....AND USE DISCRETION when discussing things like minor comparisons.

Not to be nit-picky, but it would seem to me that someone saying "no way" is doing the same thing as the person who says "I see what you're saying, but I still disagree."

They are both expressing an OPINION.

By the way, as far as your problem with my detailed reply in an earlier post, it seems to me that addressing each point someone makes is better that generalizing, but hey, that's just me.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    Not to be nit-picky, but it would seem to me that someone saying "no way" is doing the same thing as the person who says "I see what you're saying, but I still disagree."

They are both expressing an OPINION.

By the way, as far as your problem with my detailed reply in an earlier post, it seems to me that addressing each point someone makes is better that generalizing, but hey, that's just me.

To me, a post is like talking with one another.......I am not one to critique every piece of a conversation.....maybe that's just me.

I've seen some marathon posters around here who over analyze posts from others. Sometimes you have two willing participants, and those threads go on for pages and pages.......and usually people hardly care by the end. I just don't think micro analysis of posts is necessary, unless someone is way off the mark in everything they are saying, or they are doing it to you. I thought about responding, but have avoided that type of dialogue in past, especially with the marathoners.

I don't know too much about you, so I will not judge how you approach these things. You do make some good arguments....but I do not want to go on and on about my original premise. It can easily end up in a lengthy debate.

Clearly I am not being gracious about this, with at least a couple of folks here. Maybe I misjudged tone. But at first I was a little ticked how a simple premise was kicked in the gut.......the premise is definitely reasonable, if interpreted by "degree" of similarity. I'll stop here.

I've been around here for a while, and usually I can discuss things with just about anyone, with or without agreement. Possibly I expected a little more from folks who have been here for a while as well.......even if in disagreement. The light years comment seemed rude. After that, I noticed the repetitive "approvals".....wasn't keen on that.
    Last edited by CanDB; 09-01-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    What you said about "Thread Posting" does not have anything to do with this topic,you went off topic.

I can make my "Threads" the way i want,i don't need your advice on anything.If you don't like the way i do things, then don't respond.

mtn man made a very good post i agreed with him instead of you.It seems you got upset about it and is very sensitive to me taking his side instead of yours, and is calling me out about "Thread" posting.

Its cool,you do things your way and i do things my way.
    Maybe I did go off topic. I guess it's the first time anyone did.....

.....maybe because you approved others' comments more than once (I'll go back and recount) as if you were emphasizing the point.

Anyway, next time maybe I'll think of an article to write with words such as "The Broncos Suck...." Or should I call it a "trend".....

Nah......not going there.....I see some light (or is that too generous???), heaven forbid......which in my little world equates to "starting freakin to"
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-31-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Maybe I did go off topic. I guess it's the first time anyone did.....maybe because you approved others comments more than once (I'll go back and recount) as if you were emphasizing the point.

It's cool.......can't wait for your next trend.....
    Don't piss uphill into the wind on an electric fence and eat the snow

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Powder......you have to admit I've let folks go "off track" a whole lot lately!!!!!

Further to........don't piss uphill into the wind on an electric fence and eat the snow........IN HD!!!!!

I owe you a CP for that one.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Powder......you have to admit I've let folks go "off track" a whole lot lately!!!!!

Further to........don't piss uphill into the wind on an electric fence and eat the snow........IN HD!!!!!
    You would need at least a 62" tv for that......

HEY OHHHHH

Maybe I did go off topic. I guess it's the first time anyone did.....

.....maybe because you approved others' comments more than once (I'll go back and recount) as if you were emphasizing the point.

Anyway, next time maybe I'll think of an article to write with words such as "The Broncos Suck...." Or should I call it a "trend".....

Nah......not going there.....I see some light (or is that too generous???), heaven forbid......which in my little world equates to "starting freakin to"
    I guess you are making fun of the way i say thread.

Just to let you know,I didn't come here for lessons on making threads,i came to talk bronco football.I don't need you to critique the way i make my threads or post,we do thing different ways.I been around here long enough to know how to do things,i'm not looking for a teacher.

Waiting on my next trend,or should i say thread its fine by me

CP Forthcoming

The current Broncos have a ways to go before we will be the good old broncos.

The good old broncos had an identity. The current broncos do not. We know what they are trying to do, and thats be aggressive on defense. But the key is doing it on the field in the regular season when the games count. I think were in the right direction with our preseason games but we have to remember that we cant put to much stock in preseason. But atleast they are trying. Hopefully by the middle of the season, the broncos will be known as a team with a scary blitzing defense. As of now, we are preseason pretenders until we can prove it on the field. Its starts on monday night against the faiders. That will be a huge test for our team.

Another big thing is we need to be consistent with the way we do things. It's important that we keep Dennis Allen for atleast a couple more seasons. Our history of changing DC's every season needs to hopefully finally end this season.
    Last edited by BRONCOS_OWN_U16; 09-01-2011 at 01:12 AM.