Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Post game rants---Arizona

Title itself tells the story of my feelings. People are still catching in the end zone, just let it drop since this bs rule has ruined a special part of football. A special team role has lost its affect IMHO. This is garbage seeing field goals it seems from the 35.

I respect any other opinions just curious on the Broncos Countries Thoughts?

We had a kickoff returned for a TD here Saturday. Remember?

Lets give it a year before we jump to conclusions.

No team is forced to kneel it. If the other kicker can kick it through the endzone, job well done. But teams should be returning anything they can.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the kickoff return. It creates a lot of collisions and 99% of the time the ball still ends up between the 20-25 yard line.

Punt returns are much more exciting to me.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

The rule stinks..........steals excitement from the game! It's booooooooooooring!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Believe! When everything around you seems dark and bleak, only believe! Push on in faith and the victory that will follow will outshine all your darkest days.

I love it because the broncos usually start from the 20 or less anyway so it's big advantage because it really limits the opponents.

It benefits the Broncos who have issues covering kick returns, so, I'm fine with it!

I hate it. Seems like there should be a way to protect the safety of the players without changing the game itself. Maybe moving up and doing a punt style kick instead? Are punts safer than kickoffs?

On a side note I do think it would be cool to make the extra point try 40 yards. You would see a lot more teams going for two. That makes the game more exciting and doesnt endanger players. That's good change.
    [SIZE="4"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[COLOR="Blue"]NC's Biggest Bronco Fan!

Adopted Bronco: Nate Irving #56[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I hate it, makes the kickoff pointless...

But as a positive note, I'm not as worried if I miss the kick off!

Honestly I dont really care. The only good thing about the kick offs were the big hits you would see but those aren't the safest. Like someone else said punt returns are more exciting.

I do not care either way.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

I could care less about kickoff safety. It's football and these guys chose it as their profession. The hits are an ingredient to the game. These desk whackjobs are ruining the little violence that is left for public entertainment. I might sound selfish but I like what I like

Absolutely horrible imo , it reduces the impact of players who are good returners , it takes away alot of the special teams play and imo will effect the way evaluation of players is made cause no longer as important for special teamers. I've always heard qoutes total game have to win on offense defense and special teams. Now other than punts I think not so much. I think it takes a very exciting part of the game and will for 85-90 percent of the time and turns into a routine play. But at least I'll have more time to get nachos.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

yeah i agree i dont like the new rule it takes away a very exciting part of the game almost every kicker is kicking it either deep into the end zone or pass it shoot you might as just start the ball on the damn 20

As a former kick/punt returner I find this rule disgusting. This used to be one of the most exiting parts of the game, and a spot where rooks could get noticed. It takes away from the integrity of the game, much as most of these ridiculous new rules made in the name of safety have over the last few years. Cant wait to see us trot out one day with our sweet new shorts and orange flags around out waists. When does all this metaling stop?