Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 53 Man Roster

Quote Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    Orlando Franklin has looked really good and outside of tonight Quinn has looked great. I think Ayers and Hunter have earned roster spots. Anderson, Riley, and Davis to me are a wash - keep 1, I don't really care which. Bruton and Robinson haven't impressed me at all, and although I have us keeping him, I think Mohamed has played pretty bad. Other than those, I'm in full agreement (both in those you included and those you left off).
    I have Ayers and Franklin.

I just see no point to keeping Quinn. If Orton goes down we might as well play Tim. I would actually prefer to keep Weber and open up the PS spot for another player. Mohammed plays the run well, but really struggles in pass coverage.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

if and when weber is cut hell most likely fall to us on the practice squad......that is if several other teams who are way more hurt'in than us at qb dont snag him.

just keep fools off ortons ankle and we should be fine.
    [IMG]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo13/TheDragonTJH/BroncosAtwaterOkoyeHitCloseUp.gif[/IMG] YAAAA!!! YOU TRIED BABY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Please don't say that. Pretty please....
    lol wish I could, but he played consistently at NT soaking up double teams. He was the reason Carter and Mohamed cleaned up so many tackles.

Not knowing if Thomas will be available week one, looks like Bunkley, Vickerson and McBean will be the active DTs.

Just calling it like I see it, not how I want it.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by Syvari View Post
    I can see Rosario getting cut also
    This, haven't been impressed with him at all. Fells has been great. Cut Rosario and add a Corner.

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

eek...our CB depth looks terrible. Even if Cox plays this year, the trial and stuff is obviously taking a toll on him. He's looked pretty poor. Syd going down is a huge bummer.

We're going to cut some good WR(s) though. Hopefully we can get them on PS and someone (belichek) doesnt scoop them up from under us

somebody or somebodies will be fatt on corners and have to cut somebody. lets see if the new guys are on the ball and scoop em up we are up on the fa wire.

philly perhaps? g-bay?
    Last edited by dieselpower; 09-02-2011 at 01:00 AM.
    [IMG]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo13/TheDragonTJH/BroncosAtwaterOkoyeHitCloseUp.gif[/IMG] YAAAA!!! YOU TRIED BABY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
    New updated 53 man list after week 4 of pre-season.

I am concerned with the depth at Quarterback, Corner, Defensive line,

Projected 53 man roster and 7 practice squad players, i will list the starters first followed by the backups

QB- Orton, Weber, Tebow
    RB-Mcgahee, Moreno, Ball, FA pickup
    TE-Fells, Thomas, Gronkowski
    WR-LLoyd, Royal, Decker, Willis, Britt Davis
    OL-Franklin, Kuper, Walton, Beadles, Clady, Clark, Daniels, Hochstein
    FB- Larsen
    DL-Ayers, Hunter, Dumerville, Jarmon, Bunkley, Vickerson, Thomas, FA pickup, Warren(IR)
    LB- Miller, Haggins, Mays, Irving, Mohammed,Woodyard, DJ Williams
    S- Dawkins, Moore, Mcbath, Quinton Carter, Kyle Mccarthy
    CB-Bailey, Goodman, FA pickup, Thompson, Vaughn

K- Prater
    P-Colquitt
    LS- Paxton

PS- Sylvester, Riley, Minor, Unrein, Adam Grant, Virgil Green, Goodman

Trade Quinn for 5th round pick

Warren counts towards the 53 man roster, and will be active in December.
    Lol your not even close on some of these positions, vaughn last on your depth chart??? What??? He's the nickel corner lol

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Lol your not even close on some of these positions, vaughn last on your depth chart??? What??? He's the nickel corner lol
    what do you expect from a guy that cant even spell dumervil right.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    Lol ya that is true plus he has doom at 3rd string and haggan starting over mays??? Guy must've not watched any games at all

Orlando Franklin has looked really good and outside of tonight Quinn has looked great. I think Ayers and Hunter have earned roster spots. Anderson, Riley, and Davis to me are a wash - keep 1, I don't really care which. Bruton and Robinson haven't impressed me at all, and although I have us keeping him, I think Mohamed has played pretty bad. Other than those, I'm in full agreement (both in those you included and those you left off).

Wait...what????

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    lol wish I could, but he played consistently at NT soaking up double teams. He was the reason Carter and Mohamed cleaned up so many tackles.

Not knowing if Thomas will be available week one, looks like Bunkley, Vickerson and McBean will be the active DTs.

Just calling it like I see it, not how I want it.

Oh I'm sure you're right unless we get a gem off the cut list. And he's not horrific, but the fact we can't upgrade on him has infuriated me for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    Hey, maybe he meant Dumervil Luxury Edition.
    HE>i

New reports have said that "best-case" scenario is he's out 3-4 months. That's a majority (11+games) of the season and it's the best case - he could easily be 6 out months which is the whole year.

No point in keeping a guy who might come back after 11 or 12 games eating up a roster spot - especially at a position where we also have Thomas, Bunkley, and Vickerson dinged up. Put him on IR and grab/keep a DT who can actually contribute.
    I think I agree with this, especially since Bunkley and Vickerson have been playing well as the starters and presumably the Bunkley/Thomas combination will be better than Bunkley/Vickerson.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

FOX says we have our 53 for seas on

I listened to this interview over and over and if I understand him correctly Fox says moves are done we have our 53 for the season.

I understand not wanting to retrain guys after you already have trained some but Our talent level at ol and dl with the backups imo isn't very good and I would rather retrain somebody with more talent who can produce and/or keep my qb safe. I also get that we may have money issues but most of the guys on waiver wires should've come relatively cheap in football terms and we hopefully wont' be number 2 again so if we were going to use it now would've been the time for this rebuilding team.

I just can't see why we are done making any roster moves with the lack of talented depth and the holes on this roster. I don't get it but I don't claim to have Elway and Fox's knowledge either so I will take a wait and see approach I guess.

It looks like we are playing with what we go though. Go Broncos

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...4-d1a83d94317e
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 09-05-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Trust me, roster changes r still coming...today or this week. I dont think Fox has much say in that aspect. If Elway or Xanders see's someone they want, through waivers or that become FA's, then they will sign them.

Unrein will be replaced
    Ball will be replaced (I hope)
    Taylor Herb will be replaced