Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

"Experts" say Denver in running for #1 pick in 2012

Wow I really didn't think we would be as bad as most "experts" seem to believe we will be. I predict a 6-10 to 8-8 season but that would be a far cry from landing Andrew Luck at #1 and we sure as hell won't have the ammunition to move up to grab Luck either.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream
    Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Its interesting that alot of these people really think Denver will make a play for luck.really really interesting.

Doubt it happens unless we have a rash of injuries and/or bad luck.

I doubt we make the playoffs, but there are far worse teams out there then Denver.

Like Cincy, Carolina, Seattle, Tennesee just to name a few.

We'd probably have to go 3-13 or worse to pick #1 and our first 3 games are pretty favorable.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions though.

We had the #2 last year of course they're going to think we have a chance at the #1

Its not that they think we will end up with the pick due to sucking its that they think we will trade to get the pick.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

If a rash of injuries hit this team, we'll be picking just as high as last season. While I believe that the starters have improved, it will take some time to fix the depth issue. More than any other season, injuries will determine the Broncos immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Like Cincy, Carolina, Seattle, Tennesee just to name a few.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions though.
    Last year all these teams were better than us, minus Carolina.

At this point in the season, projections are made based on speculations, and I can't say that it's totally out there that the Broncos will be in the basement this year. However, I think that we will probably end up with around the 10th pick or so. I just don't believe that we can stop the run still, and our aging secondary is a huge liability.

That said,
    [B]Haters gonna hate[/B]

Not gonna happen. The Broncos would have got whatever they could for Orton if this team thought that they would be so close to the bottom, but they kept Orton thinking they could win some games now.

Unfortunately for us, I don't think it will be enough games to make the playoffs. I see this team around 6-10 or 7-9 - not bad enough to sniff close to the #1 overall.

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Quote Originally Posted by HavoK471 View Post
    We had the #2 last year of course they're going to think we have a chance at the #1
    We had pretty much everything go wrong last year, and with a few breaks, we're 7-8 or 8-8...

Anything can happen but i'd be shocked if we're 4-12 again.

If we go 4-12 again then mods better get ready for some banning and locking.
    But I really don't think were gonna be that bad. I'm expecting a 6-10 or 7-9 record. The most is 10 wins

I don't think we're that bad at all. Injuries could always make us the worst team in the league and our depth is horrible, but there are several teams that just look far worse (Carolina, Seattle, Arizona, Washington, Cleveland, Buffalo, Miami, Minnesota, Cincinnati) to name a few.

6-10 to 8-8 is where I see us. I have major reservations about our run defense.

Is it really that bad to be in the play for luck??? I mean this guy could really be the next elway, I mean just a real pure athlete with the passing talents of manning. Why is it so bad to be in the play for this kid? I know all the tebow fans will freak but who cares real fans need to be fans of the team

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    I don't think we're that bad at all. Injuries could always make us the worst team in the league and our depth is horrible, but there are several teams that just look far worse (Carolina, Seattle, Arizona, Washington, Cleveland, Buffalo, Miami, Minnesota, Cincinnati) to name a few.

6-10 to 8-8 is where I see us. I have major reservations about our run defense.
    IMO, Arizona, Minnesota, and Cleveland all would be tough competition for us right now.

AZ Looks leagues better with someone competent running the offense. Kolb will do well for them

Minnesota has a great running game with ADP and Gerhart, but this would probably be a coinflip. They are getting old, and their defense is kind of like ours (a few good pass rushers with no run support, and very good underrated linebackers).

Cleveland looks TOUGH this year. Hillis is a beast, which is something we all know, and their defense is playing pretty well. I believe it would come down to a defensive battle, and I don't like our chances trying to stop Hillis from rushing for 250 all over our asses.

Also, to be honest, I wouldn't care if we ended up drafting Andrew Luck. The kid is an absolute stud, and is generational talent. I could easily see Denver moving a few pieces and picks somewhere to pick the kid up.
    Last edited by Orange_Crush7; 09-02-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    [B]Haters gonna hate[/B]

I'm predicting a six and ten season, but the Arizona game showed us how bad our depth is. A couple of injuries to some key players especially before the bye week and we are in the suck for Luck sweepstakes. Arizona is a bad team and we were horrid. Two and fourteen is not out of the question.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.