Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EFX View Post
    So no reply on my comments about Brady, Rodgers, Romo, Brees etc.? None were the first choice.

A couple First Overalls
    Stafford 2009
    Russell 2007
    Smith 2005
    Manning 2004
    Palmer 2003
    Carr 2002
    Vick 2001
    Couch 1999
    Manning 1998

That list tell me that with the #1 overall pick you have at best a 50/50 shot of getting a HoF or even pro bowl QB. That is not worth mortgaging your future plain and simple. The only person on that list who would be worth the kind of trade you're proposing is P. Manning and the way I see it this list shows you have a 1 out of 9 chance of getting a P. Manning. You can talk up luck all you want and tell me how good he is (just like people did for every QB on this list) you still won't convince me that he is a guaranteed ringer. It's football, for every Aaron Rodgers there is an Alex Smith. The stats don't lie. Besides, lets be honest we all know Tebow will be running the show soon anyway
    That's a great list of #1 picks...But just cause you are the best player in the draft that certain year it doesn't mean that you are coming with the ability of Peyton. All your QB that you listed had major flaws in their game that were always there. Teams were just hoping. There is no hope with Luck. He is that good. Look at what he has done with a totally avg Stanford. He has taken a lesser talented team farther than Elway did. The kid can play and he is going to be a once in a generation type player
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by cvnorton View Post
    In order for ANY team to move up to grab Luck at #1 if he has another great year.......it will have to be another top 5 pick plus at least another 1st and other draft picks PLUS a couple starters if not more. The offers for Luck will be the most insane since Ditkas play for Williams. Of course this all depends on Luck's season and that he makes it through injury free of course.

But before all that we have an entire season of football ahead of us boys!!!
    I would sell the farm to get Luck, if he is as good as people say he his. Look what Bradford did for the Rams as a rookie. Instant upgrade. I think we should go all in on this and do what it takes to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by dlewis76 View Post
    I would sell the farm to get Luck, if he is as good as people say he his. Look what Bradford did for the Rams as a rookie. Instant upgrade. I think we should go all in on this and do what it takes to get him.
    Exactly...You arent going to win without a top QB in the league. You sell the farm and get him. And watch the fortunes as a franchise change. Who cares about draft pick. People put to much into them. No one is complaining about giving up 2 #1's and other things for Elway. If that was a deal then 3 #1's for Luck is worth it cause the league now is way more QB dependent. We add his ability behind C, and we are contenders for a division title every year....Something we aren't even close to now

If we suck this year and are picking around 4-5 and somebody like Carolina or some crappy team with their QB in place I'd definitely be for the idea of grabbing Luck as long as Tebow didn't turn in a good season for us.

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    Exactly...You arent going to win without a top QB in the league. You sell the farm and get him. And watch the fortunes as a franchise change. Who cares about draft pick. People put to much into them. No one is complaining about giving up 2 #1's and other things for Elway. If that was a deal then 3 #1's for Luck is worth it cause the league now is way more QB dependent. We add his ability behind C, and we are contenders for a division title every year....Something we aren't even close to now
    I completely disagree with the top QB argument, but more to the point. Name a team who completely mortgaged their future to get a QB and went on to win?

Also, take a look at the draft positions of the QBs who won the SB, the Mannings were the only top 5 pick to win since Elway.

You need a good QB, but mortgaging the future by trading multiple draft picks never got a team anywhere.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by dlewis76 View Post
    This is why im starting to lean toward Luck. Bradford has changed the whole Rams team around. He is a good QB and will make them competitive for years to come. I want the same here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I completely disagree with the top QB argument, but more to the point. Name a team who completely mortgaged their future to get a QB and went on to win?

Also, take a look at the draft positions of the QBs who won the SB, the Mannings were the only top 5 pick to win since Elway.

You need a good QB, but mortgaging the future by trading multiple draft picks never got a team anywhere.
    The giants won a superbowl by trading a bunch of picks to get manning. Getting a franchise qb is worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    The giants won a superbowl by trading a bunch of picks to get manning. Getting a franchise qb is worth every penny.
    Disagree, they would have won more imo by not trading up for Eli.

I see atleast a handful of teams being worse than us. Teams such as TENN, WASH, SF, ARI, CLE, CIN, BUFF, ETC.

Luck is an elite QB....Right now he would be better than anything that we have had in 15+ years. He is the kind of talent that makes us a contender now. You absolutely mortgage the future for it.......How did it work out for us? How about the giants? They are the only ones that I can think of that ever did it....both won multiple division titles, and at least 1 SB

I do not think it worked out for the Giants at all. They had Warner (who played great for 4 more years), option B was stay put and take Rivers or Big Ben.

I do not think it worked out for Atlanta, who traded away the better QB in Matt Schaub imo.

It worked out for us, but all we gave up was two 1st round picks (Hinton and 1984 1st really).

If all it cost us is an additional 1st in 2013, then okay. But you and others are taking about a boatload of picks. 2 1st 2 2nds and a player? Hell no!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I'm predicting a six and ten season, but the Arizona game showed us how bad our depth is. A couple of injuries to some key players especially before the bye week and we are in the suck for Luck sweepstakes. Arizona is a bad team and we were horrid. Two and fourteen is not out of the question.
    Good lord, really?

I do not think it worked out for the Giants at all. They had Warner (who played great for 4 more years), option B was stay put and take Rivers or Big Ben.

I do not think it worked out for Atlanta, who traded away the better QB in Matt Schaub imo.

It worked out for us, but all we gave up was two 1st round picks (Hinton and 1984 1st really).

If all it cost us is an additional 1st in 2013, then okay. But you and others are taking about a boatload of picks. 2 1st 2 2nds and a player? Hell no!!
    Didnt work out for ATL? They received 2 seconds...How did they sell the farm? Plus they got Matt Ryan who is better than Schuab.

NYG won a ring within 4 years of getting eli...yeah that was a good deal for them

Yeah we gave up 2, but back they QB was far less important than it is today.

Like I said some of you way overvalue draft picks. I will take a talented QB over 3 years worth of draft picks in a second....And history proves that getting those once a decade type QB's are well worth the risk cause they all seem to cash in with trophies. Take our last 3 #1 picks.....DT, TT, and Vonn you wouldnt give up the picks we used for those players to draft a QB with the upside of Luck?

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Good lord, really?
    I agree with him......We have no depth anywhere...We start getting injuries we are in trouble and losing out isnt out of the question

I love to have Luck on this team but not worth selling the farm to get him.