Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I find it strange that we're keeping five safeties and only 4 WR's. Welcome to Fox ball people!

In this offense it's more common to have an extra TE than a 3rd WR.
    I agree, I was thinking they might keep 4 TEs. wrong about that too

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    I never read anything about them saying it was a partial Achilles tear.

They said it would take until mid-November (around Thanksgiving).

Maybe they did and I missed it. But I doubt that.
    It was partial, in the offseason they said it was.

Was never a full-tear, still surprised he's recovered this quickly though.

I have so many mixed emotions about this!

First - Its amazing news that Thomas is cleared to practice and looks much further along in his recovery than we all thought. I mean seriously this has to be some sort of record recovery time for an achilles tear unless it was only a partial tear...in which case its STILL crazy fast to get back to practicing.

Second - Im really worried because it is just soooo fast to come back from that injury, and I don't want him to be rushed back. The Broncos invested tons into DT making him a 1st round pick and that also means major financial compensation.

Third - DT is a crazy physical specimen when healthy, I'm worried maybe he wont be the same and will have lost some of his speed which was/is one of his best assets. There are a bunch of 6'3" WR's in the NFL but not many that have been clocked at running a 40 in 4.38 seconds.

fourth - This is how I try to rationalize and not worry so much. The Broncos front office and medical staff know ALL OF THIS and I'm sure if the fans on these boards worry they do too and take every precaution! DT I'm sure had the best surgeon possible when he went under the knife and the best physical therapy team around him for this recovery. I'm sure there have been countless doctor's visits and x-rays and tests to make sure he is truly ready to go that we as fans just don't know about!

All in all I do hope the team isn't rushing him back and I truly believe in my gut that they aren't. If WR was a weak position for this team I would be slightly more concerned, however WR is in fact one of the deepest positions talent wise the Broncos have. I believe this is all good and we should be thrilled while still being cautious not the other way around!
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    It was partial, in the offseason they said it was.

Was never a full-tear, still surprised he's recovered this quickly though.
    Show me, please.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

If DT is back to full health and ability by midseason the Broncos could have a great group of receivers for the end of season push. Lloyd and Royal as the more polished route runners with Decker, DT, and JT as the big 3rd down/endzone targets this could be a very beautiful thing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Show me, please.
    Ok, can't find it lol, but i thought it was partial, still good to see him back, tremendous talent.

The time line is just about right. He tore it in feb. and had surgery on feb 14th. So that would place it just over six months now going into 7. It was considered 6 to 8 months out. I think he's just on time here.

If he's cleared to practice then that means he took his rehab seriously and worked hard in the summer.

Good job Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    If DT is back to full health and ability by midseason the Broncos could have a great group of receivers for the end of season push. Lloyd and Royal as the more polished route runners with Decker, DT, and JT as the big 3rd down/endzone targets this could be a very beautiful thing to see.
    I think we should work him in on the Redzone packages. Let him get a few TDs under his belt, which would be a nice confidence booster.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    I think we should work him in on the Redzone packages. Let him get a few TDs under his belt, which would be a nice confidence booster.
    They could run a 2 TE set (Fells and JT) with Decker and DT as the WR. All receivers would be 6-3/220+. That would be a nice big group to throw the fade

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    They could run a 2 TE set (Fells and JT) with Decker and DT as the WR. All receivers would be 6-3/220+. That would be a nice big group to throw the fade
    YESSIR!!! The big question iiiissssss, will DT do enough to justify why we wouldn't re-sign Lloyd?

Broncos GM Brian Xanders confirmed that Demaryius Thomas (Achilles') will be "eased in" to practice next week, working with the scout team.
    The good news is that Thomas avoided PUP to open the season, and has been medically cleared. The bad news is that he's well out of football shape and likely still in the final stages of his rehab process. We wouldn't expect Thomas to play in the first few games, or make any fantasy impact before midyear.

Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter Sep 3 - 3:55 PM

I expect him to be back at full practices around week 3 if he's been running sprints for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
    I expect him to be back at full practices around week 3 if he's been running sprints for a month.
    Well as long as you expect it.
    Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Quote Originally Posted by #1BRONCSFAN View Post
    Well as long as you expect it.
    That's mean.

I had a minor tear in a ligament of my knee when I was going through my teens because I played sports with Osgood–Schlatters.

I'm expecting a similar recovery timeline.