Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Denver signs CB Johnathan Wilhite

Per schefty

Would rather have Cox!

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Would rather have Cox!
    Ok then, terrific

McDummy needs to stop signing awful ex-Patriots!!!!!!!

We waved Darcel Mcbath

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    We waved Darcel Mcbath
    Just saw that, tough for Mcbath.

Any relation to Gerald Wilhite?

We waved Darcel Mcbath
    Wow, that stinks. Too bad he has the injury bug.

We waved Darcel Mcbath
    I guess Bruton is too important to the special teams units because I'm pretty sure he was behind McBath on the depth chart at safety.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I don't like it. Defense comes before special teams to me. And McBath is a better safety than Bruton. McBath can also do a good job on special teams and he was our 2nd round pick in 2009. The Broncos should have kept him. The Panthers kept 10 DBs in 2010. Use 5 cornerbacks and 5 safeties. McBath is only 25 years old and we will need youth on the roster after Dawkins leaves. If you are worried about injury bug, Wilhite was placed on IR last season. It's the end of the second round players from the 2009 draft.

EDIT: And even if you want to keep 9 DBs, I'd rather have Darcel McBath than UDFA Chris Harris. Harris could go to the PS.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 09-04-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I don't like it. Defense comes before special teams to me. And McBath is a better safety than Bruton. McBath can also do a good job on special teams and he was our 2nd round pick in 2009. The Broncos should have kept him. The Panthers kept 10 DBs in 2010. Use 5 cornerbacks and 5 safeties. McBath is only 25 years old and we will need youth on the roster after Dawkins leaves. If you are worried about injury bug, Wilhite was placed on IR last season. It's the end of the second round players from the 2009 draft.
    Ask the 2010 chargers how important special teams is. Bruton definitely deserves to be on this team. I don't disagree entirely that McBath would have been nice to keep around however. Getting rid of a scrub like McBean, Ramirez or Mohammed to put on the PS would have been a better option imo.

"Tough times don't last, tough people do" ~Mike Shanahan

Depth is good for defense, yes. But special teams is critical to any good defense and offense. If we have guys that make big plays on that unit, it puts our defense in better position to play long field instead of short. If we can force more 3 and outs in those situations, then we make big plays on PR units it gives our offense short field to play. Special Teams is very critical, just as much as offense and defense. So if we drop a frequently hurt backup for a guy who can play excellent in Special Teams, and still provides good backup, then I'm okay with that.

It really does not make any sense to me. Xanders talks about building through the draft. And then we dismantle our draft. As if McBath was one of the worst players on the roster. Which was not the case. He is healthy. Any player can get injured during the season. What if Moore or Dawkins goes down? Carter or Bruton will have to start. Ugh.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Would rather have Cox!

...That's what she said?

It really does not make any sense to me. Xanders talks about building through the draft. And then we dismantle our draft. As if McBath was one of the worst players on the roster. Which was not the case. He is healthy. Any player can get injured during the season. What if Moore or Dawkins goes down? Carter or Bruton will have to start. Ugh.
    Well I will say this, McBath has a higher ratio of getting injured than Bruton so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]