How is Matt Ryan Overrated?

Are you watching the game? That O-line looks horrid.really really bad. They give him no time. Ive watched both falcon games this season and you could easily tell that the D and especially the o-line is holding this team back.Our line looks better.
    [IMG]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1617/dwilliams27sig2ra.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/twolves4ever/darrent.png[/IMG]

I been thinking he was kinda overated since last year. Last year I felt that if Michael turner wasnt on then he wouldn't be on and the team wouldn't win. I felt he wasnt capable of throwing his team to a win if needed. But I didnt watch all there games so I kept my opinion to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney27 View Post
    Are you watching the game? That O-line looks horrid.really really bad. They give him no time. Ive watched both falcon games this season and you could easily tell that the D and especially the o-line is holding this team back.Our line looks better.
    Orton was in the same situation Monday night but half the posters blame him so it's no surprise people are saying Matt Ryan is overrated. Haven't been watching the game so I can't really say anything relevant to his play tonight.

last night my team came through great...35-31. Our offense finally lead 2 great drives after about 4 three and outs in a row or something

we should have made ajustments alot earlier though...Trent Cole kept blowing up the line, so we should have thrown some short passes to use them as the running game once they started stopping it

but nonetheless, nice win by us..we finally beat the Eagles

we may hear things about Vick going out in the 4th, but Philly still scored a TD on the drive he went out anyway..and he doesn't play defense...plus the 3 QB actually played pretty good and handled blitzes better than Vick did

Mainly because he has always had a superior run game. Since his rookie year. When his run game falters, 9 out of 10 times, he just looks atrocious. He can't move the ball in that situation.

His arm is about as weak as Pennington's was. He does have Pennington's accuracy on the passes 5-12 yard range though.

He's not a dynamic play maker like Peyton, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Big Ben, etc.

He's a good game manager though.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaPride View Post
    Mainly because he has always had a superior run game. Since his rookie year. When his run game falters, 9 out of 10 times, he just looks atrocious. He can't move the ball in that situation.

His arm is about as weak as Pennington's was. He does have Pennington's accuracy on the passes 5-12 yard range though.

He's not a dynamic play maker like Peyton, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Big Ben, etc.

I think when you're tied with marino in any stat you should have a better reputation than a game manager. All those teams except the colts have a top tier offensive line. Out of all those teams the colts are the only team with a bad defense. To me he is better than flacco but no one says he's overrated considering he has had one of the best defenses in the nfl down in baltimore.Looking at the falcons they dont have many great players. They play well together but other than turner,white,Gonzales,ryan,abraham there aren't other stars.
    Last edited by dmoney27; 09-19-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    [IMG]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1617/dwilliams27sig2ra.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/twolves4ever/darrent.png[/IMG]

He has looked pretty shaky these first 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaPride View Post

glorified game manager was my opinion of him last season. It might change this season. I thought the same of cassell and we see how he does when all goes bad around him. When all goes bad around him I want to see how Matt Ryan performs.

Ryan in general is a game manager who makes the plays that he needs to make to win the game

I'll take it..I don't see why everyone thinks you need a QB who can win with bad defense and running game..why not just do good in those areas and stop trying to make every game look like a video game.

good for my team, for not selling out to new age football

Quote Originally Posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    Ryan in general is a game manager who makes the plays that he needs to make to win the game

I'll take it..I don't see why everyone thinks you need a QB who can win with bad defense and running game..why not just do good in those areas and stop trying to make every game look like a video game.

good for my team, for not selling out to new age football
    Being a game manager is only good if the game is close. Look at last season's playoff game against the Packers. Once they were behind, it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by AznBroncoFan View Post
    Being a game manager is only good if the game is close. Look at last season's playoff game against the Packers. Once they were behind, it was over.
    if you give up 48 points, you SHOULD lose..bottom line...yeah, it'd be cool to see us win 51-48 or something, but it shouldn't be an expectation you make of your offense

atleast for now in the NFL, you don't need a QB that can win a shootout to win. defense and running/clock control are still alive..we beat GB 20-17 in the reg.seasn with decent defense, running the ball and Ryan was good as a game manager that game, didn't make key errors

I would like us to be able to come back from down 2 scores more, but I'd prefer to not have to do that...I like never losing a game where we get up 2 scores alot, and our style is a big reason for that

basically, don't get in a big hole if your worried about your team coming back from a hole

He's overrated. People last year were saying he was better than Aaron Rodgers at least in clutch situations. Yeah, how true did that turn out to be? People were saying he was elite. This year so far proving otherwise.

The media makes him overrated. I'd say he average. He not going to single handly win you a game. He needs alot of working factors, much like Orton.

Ryan is a really good QB. He just has a terrible offensive line and the FO refused to fix it this offseason, opting to take a deep threat that will only bring the offensive line troubles to the forefront once again. Ryan doesn't get the time to throw deep, but just because he doesn't go deep a lot, don't believe he has a weak arm. That is absolutely false and people are completely confusing arm strength with deep throw accuracy. He isn't very accurate when he throws deep, but he can definitely get it down the field.