Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Luck > Griffin and it's not even close.
    Luck is the best QB prospect in the last 3 seasons easy.

I would say Griffin fits us great if we want to keep using parts of that option package. He will be raw in terms of learning a pro style offense, but the arm, athleticism and decision making look top notch. I believe Griffin goes in the top 15 barring a major injury.

I honestly kind of think either Jones or Barkley will fall, they both seem a tad overrated because of whom they play for.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by Project KSL View Post
    I'm the original RG3 guy on here. So let me say this.

Don't overlook his footwork. It's awful. Like REALLY REALLY awful.

It's correctable, but at this time it's a major flaw.

Everything else though, for the most part he has. Poise, arm strength, accuracy, velocity, mechanics, release. It's all there. He's improved his motion a lot this year, gets the ball out quicker. Doesn't dip it as much, you can tell he's worked on it.

However, he's 'listed' at 6'2 I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out he's 6'0. When he's officially measured.
    His frame is also very frail needs to gain weight, in a big way. He would also have to transition to running a pro style offense, not something to overlook.

As he is he's my 3rd ranked QB behind Luck and Barkley. But the gap is getting thinner.

Washington could make a lot of sense.
    I'm not sold on Barkley at all. USC QBs or any offensive player for that matter hardly ever pan out in the NFL.

The guy im not sold on is Jones. I would take RG3 before him. I wouldnt be surprised to see Jones fall out of the top 10 and RG3 into the top ten. Newton's success and the broncos using parts of the option will increase RG3's appeal and I wouldnt be surprised if miami took him. I said that if we picked 15 and RG3 was on the board we should take him. I don't feel the same about Jones.

I would say Griffin fits us great if we want to keep using parts of that option package. He will be raw in terms of learning a pro style offense, but the arm, athleticism and decision making look top notch. I believe Griffin goes in the top 15 barring a major injury.
    I don't think Griffin can be successful with the option offense in the NFL for very long. He's almost Pat White small. He's not Tim Tebow and neither is anyone else. Hell, the jury is still out on whether Tebow can sustain the beating of the option offense at the NFL level but he's better built to take it than any qb I've seen in the nfl's history that matches his toughness with athleticism to play in that system. Which is why most nfl offenses are hesitant to run it full time. Only guy I can think of off the top of my head that would be as tough in taking the beating is Masoli, but he's not even in the NFL. RGIII could be good, real good. But I think he'll make his living running zone-read option at the nfl level. He'd be great at doing what ARODG does if he hit his potential. Pass first and run second which is how he is playing right now.

I don't ever see Tebow being that kind of QB, he's going to be different than anything we've seen. He doesn't have to use the pass to run the ball effectively, he uses the run to pass effectively. When he is able to pass at the next level, he will be able to pass and run at will, which is wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
    I'm not sold on Barkley at all. USC QBs or any offensive player for that matter hardly ever pan out in the NFL.
    I don't like saying guys can't succeed just because of their school. I don't see any real weaknesses is Barkley's game.

Last year he needed to make better decisions, and not trust his arm so much. This year he's corrected it.

He's accurate, poised, has good arm strength, can make all the throws, good zip, solid mechanics, underrated footwork....

He's only 6'2, which some deem to be 'small'. I don't, and I cite Aaron Rodgers as the example for how much that really matters.

He should be a top 5 pick if he comes out. Shame, barring a trade scenario, we'll be out of range to have a chance at him,

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo View Post
    Luck is the best QB prospect in the last 3 seasons easy.

I honestly kind of think either Jones or Barkley will fall, they both seem a tad overrated because of whom they play for.
    I like Luck but have concerns about him also, seems to falter under pressure. Why is RG3 not close to Luck?? I think his potential is greater!

Barkley is an average QB IMHO. USC QBs include:

Matt Leinart
    Carson Palmer
    Rodney Peete
    Sean Salsbury

These are the best QBs that came from USC
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Griffin's frame is a huge concern.

I don't think he's 6'2, he looks 6'0 to me and his body isn't built to take many hits. If he puts some weight on though it would definitely help him. The system he's coming out of is also a concern.

That said, i still think he's a top 15 possibly top 10 pick.

St. Louis Rams GM

He's supposedly 6'2" 220 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco1969 View Post
    I like Luck but have concerns about him also, seems to falter under pressure. Why is RG3 not close to Luck?? I think his potential is greater!
    Potential is often confused with athletic ability.

Pure athleticism RG3 blows Luck out of the water, IE: he can run very quickly.

But the QB position is just as much about technique, intangibles, and field vision.

Luck's footwork is better. He runs a pro style offense. His reads are similar to what he will see in the NFL.

This doesn't mean RG3 won't pass Luck as a pro QB in terms of production. But as a prospect, Luck is in a league of his own.
    Last edited by JoRo; 11-22-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

But the QB position is just as much about technique, intangibles, and field vision.

Luck's footwork is better. He runs a pro style offense. His reads are similar to what he will see in the NFL.

This doesn't mean RG3 won't pass Luck as a pro QB in terms of production. But as a prospect, Luck is in a league of his own.
    Correct on literally everything,

I hate the term "pro-style offense". How have those O's helped guys like Jimmy Clausen? Then look at Rodgers, Tebow, and EVEN Newton. They came from O's that "wouldn't translate", and how did that work out?

I am a huge tebow fan and think it would be a mistake to get rid of him. With that said if the broncos dont feel like tebow is what they want then I really hope this is the guy they want.

Depending on how the tebow thing plans out, actually it will just be an interesting offseason either way.

I think one of the most impressive things about him is that he is already working on his Master's degree in Communications according to what I've read online.

I get all of that bur whenever I have seen Luck in pressure situations, his reads are terrible and he throws picks, he doesn't seem to deal with pressure very well. I'll give you he looks perfect when there is a clean pocket but not so good against pressure and he will get a lot of it in the NFL.