Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Next years plan

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Odds are very good we end up drafting a quarterback in the draft next year. If we do then im assuming its a rather high pick and we likely commit to that player and make him the starter.
    Why would we do that? To waste a high draft pick for fun?

We need to draft QB then DEF and RB next year.

Longtime fan since 83', been thru all the SB blowouts and SB wins. Restore our elite status Mr. Elway.

Orton/Tebow or Quinn are all backups QB's, Elway knows it, he'll make some moves next year, in the mean time...we probably should save 40 hours of our lives and not watch my Broncs the rest of this year but we can't. So put Tebow in, he makes it interesting. Trade Orton to Colts/Dolphins/Jags quick.

Elway getting is boy Andrew Luck next year he will sell farm if he has too.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncodoodle View Post
    I like Tebow too, he just isn't the #2... Remember?
    You sure? http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Then that would be managerial incompetence. You don't sell the farm on a horrible team to get one guy who isn't proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    I very seriously doubt the Broncos will be the number one pick next year. But hey, even if they are, and they draft Luck....hey great, we'll be in the same boat we are right now, with a young, inexperience QB drafted in the first round that we still don't know if he can play at this level or not. Swell. I'm thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
    Then that would be managerial incompetence. You don't sell the farm on a horrible team to get one guy who isn't proven.

LOL didn't we give up ALOT of picks for a certain quarterback from florida.......

luck is more proven, played in a pro style offense, and is deff on elways good graces since he's from stanford.

again... E F X HAS NO TIES TO TEBOW. to them it will not be a waste of a pick if they package him in a trade to get luck.

and if luck ends up being an elite qb you will all quickly forget the whole tebow debacle that has been distracting the broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.utah View Post
    and if luck ends up being an elite qb you will all quickly forget the whole tebow debacle that has been distracting the broncos.
    ... and if he doesn't you can tack on another 3-5 years to our futility streak.

We are in no position to sell the farm on one player anyway. The team has lots of holes and the overall talent level is low. Drafting Luck isn't a solution. It's a gamble... and one we should *not* make unless we are certain we don't already have a competent QB on our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    Yeah, and I REALLY like how well the "Best Chance to Win" looked in practice. Yeah, that's really translating into some huge wins so far.

Tebow has had 1 1/4 training camps to work with staff (different staff for both), three different head coaches during that time (including interim coach last season) and 3 starts at the end of last season for a team that had given up. He at least lead them to another win and finished with some pride. You people that look at Tebow's time in the league, that I just highlighted, need to be as critical of everyone as you are toward Tebow. It's pathetic, it's not warranted, it's a standard not applied to anyone else except Tebow, and it's freaking sad to read it day in and day out in the media and on this board.
    What's sad to read is that you didn't use my entire quote...
    This is a bad Offensive Football team... 6+Starters that are back-ups elsewhere in the League...
    I don't care if Montana is the QB... this offense is putrid and letting a young guy get killed is not the answer. We will still lose games but get a better idea of our Future stellar Defense and then we will see who can play on offense.

REBUILDING
    Say it with me.
    Winning should be the last thing on everyones minds because we would get trounced by better,more talented teams.... right now. Ask me again in about 3 years... (Be it Tebow at QB or someone else)

Here's my plan for next year

Name: Instigate mass suicide among Bronco fans

Step 1: Cut Tim Tebow
    Step 2: Cut Brady Quinn
    Step 3: Re-sign Orton to a 10 year $80 million deal
    Step 4: Draft WR's with every 2012 draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Here's my plan for next year

Name: Instigate mass suicide among Bronco fans

Step 1: Cut Tim Tebow
    Step 2: Cut Brady Quinn
    Step 3: Re-sign Orton to a 10 year $80 million deal
    Step 4: Draft WR's with every 2012 draft pick
    **gunshot**

What's sad to read is that you didn't use my entire quote...
    This is a bad Offensive Football team... 6+Starters that are back-ups elsewhere in the League...
    I don't care if Montana is the QB... this offense is putrid and letting a young guy get killed is not the answer. We will still lose games but get a better idea of our Future stellar Defense and then we will see who can play on offense.

REBUILDING
    Say it with me.
    Winning should be the last thing on everyones minds because we would get trounced by better,more talented teams.... right now. Ask me again in about 3 years... (Be it Tebow at QB or someone else)
    I've been saying the Broncos have been in rebuilding mode since the Cutler trade, too bad for you and me and all the rest of us that Fox and FO fun bunch completely reject the notion and are in complete denial that they've been in rebuilding mode and are still to this day. I hear acceptance is the first step to recovery.

And sat the bench for 2 years...so What...
    Crazy Tebow/Gator fans think Tebow should be the man now.

It's not :orton: I'm not blind... but Tebow will get killed/Figured out in about 2-3 weeks of playing.
    Teams will sit in Man-Zone and press the WR's Rush 4 put a spy on #15 and force him to make a read and stand in the pocket... he can't do it in practice... what makes people thing he can do it in a game?

I believe our QB of the future is not on this roster as of right now.

man, great post.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.utah View Post
    to risk any value damage to tim tebow, they will have him ride pine for the season.

more than likely we will be drafting in the top 5.

elway is deff in love with luck and has been keeping an eye on him. i suspect he will package tebow in with picks in order to grab the #1 spot for luck.

i feel confident we can draft him and am very excited. For this will end the tebow debacle and drive out all his crazy stalker fans to another team.
    LOL, one, wishing your team to lose shows some kind of fan you are.

Two, unless we pick #1 overall, we WILL NOT get Luck. Whoever is picking #1 will take him unless it's someone like Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Odds are very good we end up drafting a quarterback in the draft next year. If we do then im assuming its a rather high pick and we likely commit to that player and make him the starter.

If this happens what does everyone think happens to tebow? I do love his attitude and toughness but not sure where he would fit, many predicted a position change coming out of college anyway. Could he change to TE or HB or something or play a role similar to Kordel Stewart did?

Or do we try and trade him or just cut him? Whats everyones thoughts?
    What about the possibility that Tebow IS our franchise QB? That means we could use a first rounder on Richardson or Lattimore.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)