View Poll Results: How do you feel about national media's obsession with Tebow?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ambivalent or don't care one way or another.

    20 23.81%
  • Don't like it because it hurts team, other Bronco players.

    18 21.43%
  • Don't like it because it hurts Tebow.

    2 2.38%
  • Love the attention, no such thing as bad publicity!

    44 52.38%
Page 270 of 384 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 320 370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 5746
  1. #4036
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,936
    Mayock is the best...switched cable providers just for NFLN and mainly due to his draft knowledge.
    I felt bad for him last year when he was under the weather n lost his voice during the draft.

    He also commentated on all of the Viking's preseason games...he is phenomenal!

    He is head n shoulders above Kiper and kneecaps above McShay.

  2. #4037
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    8,058
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    He is head n shoulders above Kiper and kneecaps above McShay.
    His analysis of the 2010 draft is what made me perk up and start believing that Tebow had a real shot in the NFL. Before, everyone was saying Tebow was a late round project.

    Mayock upgraded him to #2 quarterback in draft (evaluating him better than Clausen and McCoy), and was the first to project late first round for Tebow.

    He was also the most on-point about Tebow's true stengths and weakness -- he dispelled the "weak arm" myth, and said Tebow had high athleticism to play the position, and would just have to work to develop his passing game.

  3. #4038
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    His analysis of the 2010 draft is what made me perk up and start believing that Tebow had a real shot in the NFL. Before, everyone was saying Tebow was a late round project.

    Mayock upgraded him to #2 quarterback in draft (evaluating him better than Clausen and McCoy), and was the first to project late first round for Tebow.

    He was also the most on-point about Tebow's true stengths and weakness -- he dispelled the "weak arm" myth, and said Tebow had high athleticism to play the position, and would just have to work to develop his passing game.
    Jay, I'm going to defer to your expertise on Tebow.

    What do you think his ceiling is as a passer? Do you have an NFL comparison of what you believe Tebow can be?

  4. #4039
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,008
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Mike Mayock is one of if not the most well respected College Analyst. He also does a fine job with NFL personnel. I am about to watch video myself so I have no clue what he says about Tebow. Thought I give y'all an opportunity to see an unbiased eye critique Tim Tebow.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...afc-west-race/
    Thanks for posting that

    This vid was linked after

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/#45194077

    McGahee
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  5. #4040
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,286
    Tebow has a weak arm....bah its above average.....and critics talking about tebows throwing motion....dear god what about philip rivers.....he has the ugliest throwing motion I ever seen.

  6. #4041
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    349
    I am a big Mike Mayock fan. He's gonna be great on Thursday. NFL Network Oakland vs Charges.

  7. #4042
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    8,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    Jay, I'm going to defer to your expertise on Tebow.

    What do you think his ceiling is as a passer? Do you have an NFL comparison of what you believe Tebow can be?
    His ceiling is Ben Roethlessburger as a passer, with better intangibles, more quickness and natural running ability, and better football instincts.

    Ben did a total re-tool of his mechanics after being an established starter. If Tebow can just hold down a job long enough for people to see he can help a team win. His body strength and athleticism will be a source of continual improvement in his passing.

  8. #4043
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
    Tebow has a weak arm....bah its above average.....and critics talking about tebows throwing motion....dear god what about philip rivers.....he has the ugliest throwing motion I ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
    His ceiling is Ben Roethlessburger as a passer, with better intangibles, more quickness and natural running ability, and better football instincts.

    Ben did a total re-tool of his mechanics after being an established starter. If Tebow can just hold down a job long enough for people to see he can help a team win. His body strength and athleticism will be a source of continual improvement in his passing.
    Tim does not have quite the arm that Ben does.

    But to say it is weak, is incorrect.
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

    elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

  9. #4044
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,457
    For those interested in Lucks "big arm". This is from MMQB.

    Speaking of Andrew Luck ... I'm going to be writing about my conversation with Mike Mayock at the top of Tuesday's column -- he's going to start his NFL Network season as the color man alongside Brad Nessler Thursday in San Diego -- but I wanted to pass along one story he told me about Luck before then. Two summers ago, Mayock, who works at the Manning Passing Academy in Louisiana for a week every summer, told me he was standing next to Peyton Manning, watching a relatively unfamous Andrew Luck throw at the camp. "He's one of 25 college kids in shorts, just throwing,'' Mayock said. "Watching his throw, it still looked like he was warming up, and he threw a deep comeback.'' Mayock watched the throw and wondered if he was still warming up, or was that how Luck actually threw the ball? And Manning said, "But it gets there.'' And that's the thing with Luck. Mayock echoed Phil Simms, saying he doesn't have a howitzer, but the ball gets where it needs to go, and it gets there on time. More with Mayock tomorrow.

    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1d9DB4xHk


    Hmmm.....Heard the same thing about Tebow.
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

    elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

  10. #4045
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,269
    I liked Mcgahee's comment in the second video about the coaches working really hard with Tim in "certain situations".

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/#45194077

    I am going to assume that means on Tim's passing abilities.

    I had never heard of Mike Mayock until last year, mostly because I never used to follow the draft until the last couple of years.

    I was kind of taken aback by how unbiased he seemed when talking about players. I actually found that very refreshing.
    People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.




  11. #4046
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,127
    Quote Originally Posted by tacmale View Post
    I liked Mcgahee's comment in the second video about the coaches working really hard with Tim in "certain situations".

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/#45194077

    I am going to assume that means on Tim's passing abilities.

    I had never heard of Mike Mayock until last year, mostly because I never used to follow the draft until the last couple of years.

    I was kind of taken aback by how unbiased he seemed when talking about players. I actually found that very refreshing.
    Mayock is far and away my favorite draft talent evaluator. The other two well known ones are a little too antagonistic and self-indulging for my taste.

    Mayock just seems like the kind of guy you'd want to be around and learn from.

    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

  12. #4047
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,286
    A couple of my friends believe Andrew Luck is the most overrated QB coming out of the draft and I think they mentioned that Russell Wilson was better of course it was their respetive opinions...

  13. #4048
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Across the Pond
    Posts
    4,712
    Thanks for posting, really good interview to listen to. I love Mayock; unlike a lot of "experts" who just spout regurgitated analysis or obvious commentary, I actually feel interested in listening to everything Mayock has to say. I think he's a very good speaker and someone you find yourself WANTING to listen to.

    - ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

  14. #4049
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    8,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
    A couple of my friends believe Andrew Luck is the most overrated QB coming out of the draft and I think they mentioned that Russell Wilson was better of course it was their respetive opinions...
    The funny thing is that he could be highly overrated and still be an incredible quarterback. The estimation of this kid is like nothing I've ever seen, considering he doesn't have anything tangible that sets him apart from the ages.

    You want accuracy? I don't think they come much more accurate than Sam Bradford.

    He doesn't have a cannon.

    He's not super tall or all that physical.

    He's just the complete package -- the mental side with a very well rounded skill set and physical ability.

  15. #4050
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1

    Build Around Tebow

    I was a grade A Tebow hater, but the Raider game converted me. This was football at its best. Run baby run! Tebow is a football player. I want the spread and I want Richardson, so please don't win too many games.

    Also, Tebow is going to be great in the Red Zone!

    This could be special. I hope that management recognizes what a great opportunity they have here. Lets make Bronco football dirty and gritty.

    Good Luck Tebow!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •