Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elway93 View Post
    But my point is that Miller is an elite linebacker right now, and Cam is not elite right now. Wouldn't that make Miller the better player at this point?
    Wait Cam isnt an elite QB? 1300+ yards in 4 games, 9 total TD's isnt elite? Yet 4 sacks is (keep in mind that he got 2 against a 2nd year player making his first start). You view is so slanted towards everything Denver it is funny. Vonn is playing good, but he isnt playing great. Cam has been lights out.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pride

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    Wait Cam isnt an elite QB? 1300+ yards in 4 games, 9 total TD's isnt elite? Yet 4 sacks is (keep in mind that he got 2 against a 2nd year player making his first start). You view is so slanted towards everything Denver it is funny. Vonn is playing good, but he isnt playing great. Cam has been lights out.
    I respect your view point but since millers 2 sacks against GB dosnt count neither does his game against the Cards since they had a rookie starting
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

Quote Originally Posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
    I respect your view point but since millers 2 sacks against GB dosnt count neither does his game against the Cards since they had a rookie starting
    I never said that they dont count....but you need to look at each stat individually. He has played really well, no doubt about it. But he is far from elite. he needs to round out his game, that will come with experience. While Cam has been one of the top 5 QB's in the league. He is doing everything right. Moving the team scoring points, protecting the ball (5 to's in 4 games is great for rookie qb). All Cam needs to do is start winning, but he needs a bit of help from his teammates

Cam has thrown just about as many picks as any quarterback in the league, including Orton. was Orton "elite" last year when he put those numbers up? cause Orton put those up and didn't have as many picks.
    Last edited by Javalon; 10-09-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Removed quote of a deleted post
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Cam has thrown just about as many picks as any quarterback in the league, including Orton. was Orton "elite" last year when he put those numbers up? cause Orton put those up and didn't have as many picks.

what he said.
    So far

Brees has 1 less turnover than Newton and 1 more TD.

Brady, has the same amount of turnovers, and 4 more TD (what you expect, Pats, overall, are an elite team)

Rivers has 2 more turnovers, 4 less TDs.

Ryan has 3 less TDs, 2 more turnovers ( I don't think this guy is elite, he has a weak arm, and gets scared easily, but I've seen several analysts consider him "elite").

The only qb truly playing "ELITE" so far, is Rodgers. 14 TD 2 turnover.

Newton, is playing great, by the standards of the other big name qbs not named Rodgers... with over 1500 yards of total offense (2nd only to Brady), in 4 games. 9 TD, 5 int. 0 fumbles. So far, Cam is having the best statistical season a rookie qb has ever had

A rookie qb having the best statistical season ever, so far is a lot more impressive than even the most elite of defenders. That's not a knock to Miller, I like Miller. It's just the way things are. QB>Defender. If Miller was on par for the best statistical season any player at his position has ever had as a rookie.. it would be different.

Anyone that says that Vonn Miller is way ahead is totally clueless. Vonn has been a little better than advertised. great at rushing the passer, ok against the run, non impressive against the pass. Still a long way to go but happy with the overall progress considering no off season training. Kerrigan has been equally impressive. And look at the stat line.. Same number of sacks, 1 less TFL, 1 FF (Von has 2), and a pick 6. All this playing for a better team at a premium position. This is a dead heat, but if it stays this way Kerigan will win it cause he plays for the better team on the more popular team
    This link says you're wrong

Von's a beast, he's going to win DROY.

Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    This link says you're wrong

Von's a beast, he's going to win DROY.
    Look at the post date.....I said this before last weeks game

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    Go learn what the word "elite" means, quit contradicting yourself, and quit typing until you get your IQ above 50.
    Really...You wanna go there? Maybe my IQ isn't above 50.....But I am smart enough to see that Newton has been outperforming Miller and he is playing on a less talented team, in a tougher division, and at a more premium position. 4-3 OLB is about as important as a LG, QB is the most important position, and Newton is putting up stats comparable to anyone in the league except Brady....On any planet that is great. 4 sacks is good. But he isn't a QB

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post

what he said.
    Is Orton a rookie with 4 games under his belt? Is Orton avging about 350 yards passing per game? Does Orton have 9 total tds? Any way you slice it what Cam is doing is better than what miller is doing

It really great for a change..
    that our #1 pick is actually working out.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Really...You wanna go there? Maybe my IQ isn't above 50.....But I am smart enough to see that Newton has been outperforming Miller and he is playing on a less talented team, in a tougher division, and at a more premium position. 4-3 OLB is about as important as a LG, QB is the most important position, and Newton is putting up stats comparable to anyone in the league except Brady....On any planet that is great. 4 sacks is good. But he isn't a QB
    So Derrick Brooks was about as important as Kerry Jenkins to the Bucs in 2002? Just because someone plays a "less" important posisition doesn't mean they don't have a bigger impact. I'm not sayin Miller is outplaying Newton because I don't know. I haven't watched a Carolina game yet but, your reasoning is a little flawed.

I agree that Miller is good but not yet elite.

I disagree that Newton has been "lights out". He's put up a lot of yards but is otherwise average as a QB. Yes, his running ability bumps him up a notch but, as with all NFL QBs, that will be discouraged and his team will try to keep him in the pocket to keep him healthy.

But really, being only 4 games into the season makes all this speculation pretty much meaningless. How the rookies continue to develop over the season and how they look at the end, after many hit the rookie wall, will do more to determine the best rookies than will a hot start. Newton does have the advantage of playing QB, which receives more publicity than any other position.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

How is the elite Von Miller looking today. He looks like a rookie today. Terrible play on the Matthews long run. Got up the field carelessly. Terrible coverage play.

Just wondering do elite linebackers usually get benched ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Just wondering do elite linebackers usually get benched ?

Derp, derp, derp.

Grow up, dude. Good lord.