Most Sacks, rookie, season: 14.5, Jevon Kearse, Tennessee Titans, 1999

I'm thinking it's going to look like this:

Most Sacks, rookie, season: 16, Von Miller, Denver Broncos, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Here's how it reads so far.........

Most Sacks, rookie, season: 14.5, Jevon Kearse, Tennessee Titans, 1999

I'm thinking it's going to look like this:

Most Sacks, rookie, season: 16, Von Miller, Denver Broncos, 2011
    I use to think you were optimistic and your only giving him 16....

You need to be even more optimistic like me I say it will look like this

Most Sacks, rookie, season: 23, Von Miller, Denver Broncos, 2011

Becuase he will break the NFL record too since he is a stud.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

When that is all you look forward to at the end of the season is predicting a rookie record quarter through the season, you know your favorite team is in serious trouble~

:paper:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    When that is all you look forward to at the end of the season is predicting a rookie record quarter through the season, you know your favorite team is in serious trouble~

:paper:
    Party pooper

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Party pooper
    Seriously... what we're not allowed to talk about positive things any more?

Why not let people be happy

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I use to think you were optimistic and your only giving him 16....

You need to be even more optimistic like me I say it will look like this

Most Sacks, rookie, season: 23, Von Miller, Denver Broncos, 2011

Becuase he will break the NFL record too since he is a stud.
    You know, I went conservative, although 16 is a lot of sacks, considering all that can happen in the NFL.

But I do think he can exceed that, and I don't doubt he will have a 3 sack game this year...maybe more!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    Seriously... what we're not allowed to talk about positive things any more?

Why not let people be happy
    That's okay Jake......some folks just don't get it!!!! But you do!!!!!!

(CPs coming when I reload)
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-05-2011 at 09:47 AM.

He's on pace for 16, so he could get it. 4 sacks in the last 3 games, he's on a tear right now. He should be able to get 2-3 against Cutler alone

The only thing more depressing than the Broncos having a losing record is fans who can't take a moment and recognize the vast improvements that are being made on the defensive side of the ball, or taking a small moment of joy in little things off the field (most jacked team in nfl.) Some of these fans are almost as embarrassing to read as it is to hear jeers from rival fans.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Well, we play Chicago at home later this season. Miller could get 16 sacks in that game alone with the kind of OL the Bears have.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Well, we play Chicago at home later this season. Miller could get 16 sacks in that game alone with the kind of OL the Bears have.
    haha hopefully!

also, to what was said in another post that Miller probably won't have a 3 sack game: He usually faces right tackles, the stronger, but not as athletic in pass blocking tackles. All it takes is a matchup in our favor, and Miller can have 4 sacks in a game.

He had 2 in the first half against Seattle against a first rounder before being pulled, so I think that against Chicago, KC, Detroit, San Diego, and Buffalo he can potentially get multiple sacks
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Who wins in a fight, Von or a hurricane...

But the hurricane's name is Hurrican Von!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    The only thing more depressing than the Broncos having a losing record is fans who can't take a moment and recognize the vast improvements that are being made on the defensive side of the ball, or taking a small moment of joy in little things off the field (most jacked team in nfl.) Some of these fans are almost as embarrassing to read as it is to hear jeers from rival fans.
    I agree many of the fans are embarrassing to read, especially when their reading comprehension, grammar, and spelling is quite atrocious.

There is optimism then there is Maddenism. Predicting 16 sacks for a rookie when the season is a quarter of the way done is Maddenism. Optimism is predicting Von Miller will have at least 1 sack vs San Diego because half of Chargers sacks given up have come against Linebackers. 1 sack gives him 5 with only 10 to go in 11 games. See the difference. It is embarrassing when every other thread is about what-ifs, tebow/orton, and orange colored expectations. Think positive 1 game at a time and take joy in that.

As for the insults, meh they don't bother me, I can take em as well as I can dish them out. But I am curious as to if we are watching the same NFL team play defensively. Von Miller cannot do it by himself. He can't cover the seam or flare pass out of backfield if he is constantly rushing the QB. Dawkins couldn't cover a statue, even worse Denver gives him help and the statue still gets wide open.

As for that improving defense you are so proud of. They gave up 200 yards to the #1 rushing offense in the league, so be it. Tennessee is dead last in rushing and other 2 teams in middle of pack. Those stats match perfectly with Denver's rush defense being #13 in NFL. Those stats would be worthy of praise if it wasn't for the next batch of stats 23rd in pass defense but allowing opposing QB's highest rating in the NFL (110.7). Feast or famine with the defense which it has always been usually the famine was on run defense, now the defense is so inconsistent you aren't sure if the pass defense will be bad or the run defense will. How is this an improvement over the last few years? Defense is still bad. Only improvement is they are finding different ways to be bad.

Injuries are not an excuse. NY Giants are playing a defense of back ups and street scrubs because their defense has been decimated by season ending injuries, yet their pass defense is better than Denver's.

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    Who wins in a fight, Von or a hurricane...

But the hurricane's name is Hurrican Von!
    Trick question!

Chuck Norris wins!
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

Von setting that record and being DROY would be a nice boost for this franchise.
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er