Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm happy for Mcgahee! How often has this team had a back to back 100 yard rusher lately? So keep it up big guy.

On to Knowshon though. I did not like the pick coming into the draft, I know they said he was the best RB in the draft....but that draft was very RB deficient. Knowshon like Jarvis Moss and Robert Ayers (until this year); took the 1st string spot as a deserved right to them, when in reality it's far from it.

It does not matter who you are in this league, if you want to be part of the first team then your going to have to give it 110% on and off the field. Start being a role model, watch your film, put your head in the playbook, and if you don't have the desire to put in the work to make it then get out.

Was happy to see Moss go, as I would be happy to see Knowshon go as well for someone like a Danny Woodhead who might not have all the speed and tackle pushing ability as Knowshon, but has that drive needed to make plays and put in that effort.

PS. I'm really glad Ayers has broken out of that self-deserving attitude this year. With his newly found determination for bettering himself and giving it his all he has become a decision maker just as we all thought he would from the start!

So make McG the workhorse and bring in knowshon/ball for Screens/Options/Blocking/Playactions and until he can prove differently I think hes either on the way up or on the way out, but its going to be up to him.

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    I did not see anything, ran a search, but I might have missed it.

In my e-mail today, was one from the NFL regarding Bronco stuff. Mostly about the upcoming Charger game.

This was the first story;

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ail_NL_WK5_DEN

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Willis McGahee is still beating the odds as he approaches his 30th birthday.

The big, ninth-year tailback who's known as much for overcoming injuries as he is for barreling through defenses has ascended to the top of Denver's depth chart.

After serving as Ray Rice's backup in Baltimore the last two seasons, McGahee signed a free agent contract with the Broncos in August because he wanted to be a part of coach John Fox's blueprint and to reunite with running backs coach Eric Studesville, whom he worked with in Buffalo.

McGahee took advantage of oft-injured Knowshon Moreno's hamstring injury in the opener to grab hold of the starting job and provide the Broncos with a toughness in the backfield that's been largely absent since Peyton Hillis and Mike Shanahan were still together in Denver.

"It feels great. Coming here is a new beginning, a new life," McGahee said. "My job is to take advantage of the opportunity that's given to me, let nothing try to take it away from me, go out and do what I've got to do."

Fox said McGahee has earned the right to get the bulk of the carries with two 100-yard performances over the last three games.

"We're in a week-to-week, or a 'What have you done for me lately?' league, so right now, I think it's fair to say that Willis is that guy," Fox said. "I think his performance has kind of been the proof."

McGahee ran for 101 yards and a touchdown on 28 carries in Denver's win over Cincinnati and gained 103 yards on 15 carries at Green Bay on Sunday for a 6.87-yard average. In between was a 52-yard day at Tennessee that included a touchdown.

With 259 yards so far this season, he's on pace for the fourth 1,000-yard season of his career.

Rather than "I told you so," McGahee is saying, "Thanks."

He said his part-time role over the last three years in Baltimore actually helped him prolong his career and get one more crack at being a primary ball carrier in this league.

"I look at it as a plus that I only got 8 to 10 carries a game. It all worked its way out," McGahee said. "Being a backup, I got to rest my body."

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

I saw he was listed 1st on the depth chart, but did not realize he took the job full time now.

Congrats Willis!

Sorry if I am behind the times. The article is two days old, but I just got it tonight.

So does that rule just not apply to Kyle Orton?

Quote Originally Posted by elway93 View Post
    apparently not
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

fox wasnt the coach last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    "We're in a week-to-week, or a 'What have you done for me lately?' league
    hypocrite

two faces mr fox...way to earn the trust of the fans.....liar

Quote Originally Posted by MoXplant View Post
    hypocrite

two faces mr fox...way to earn the trust of the fans.....liar
    I know!! I pretty much lost all respect for fox after that sentence

Kyle performs at a high level every single week.

In practice.

I'm as disappointed as anyone with Moreno so far this season, but I need to see him get some significant playing time before I can really call him ineffective. He has what, 3 touches in the last 3 games? McGahee has been a nice surprise, but he is not a number one running back, certainly not at this age, he needs another back to be part of a tandem with. Now that Moreno is fully back to practicing we need to see the carries closer to an even split, I really think that would be best for everybody.
    The Denver Broncos, aka THE NFL'S NEXT DYNASTY

Quote Originally Posted by NagaSadow View Post
    I'm as disappointed as anyone with Moreno so far this season, but I need to see him get some significant playing time before I can really call him ineffective. He has what, 3 touches in the last 3 games? McGahee has been a nice surprise, but he is not a number one running back, certainly not at this age, he needs another back to be part of a tandem with. Now that Moreno is fully back to practicing we need to see the carries closer to an even split, I really think that would be best for everybody.
    I'm sure they'll start trying to split the carries a little more evenly from this poit out. But I think Knowshon is better fit to be a change of pace back anyways.

Does anyone really think Moreno will be here next year?? He's not a Fox type RB at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEME6 View Post
    Does anyone really think Moreno will be here next year?? He's not a Fox type RB at all.
    I was looking at his contract and wondering in them regards ....

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...owshon-moreno/

I don't necessarily understand and looking for info on how cap hit applies in that link .... It also says club option and I was wondering about that as well ....

2011 1,000,000 832,000 - 1,832,000
    2012 855,000 832,000 - 1,687,000
    2013 1,700,000 832,000 - 2,532,000
    2014 5,080,000 832,000 - 5,912,00

Quote Originally Posted by NagaSadow View Post
    McGahee has been a nice surprise, but he is not a number one running back
    so how many years does mr no-mo get before we decide that HE's not a number one back?

Dude had his chance - he is nothing more than average, unless it's durability your assessing...then he is below average

Quote Originally Posted by MoXplant View Post
    so how many years does mr no-mo get before we decide that HE's not a number one back?

Dude had his chance - he is nothing more than average, unless it's durability your assessing...then he is below average
    I think Moreno's time in Denver as the starting RB is over barring an injury to Willis.
    Of course, I kinda got that hint when the Broncos tried hard to sign DeAngelo Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    I think there was a series of straight running plays against Green Bay that cemented Willis as the starter.
    He ran two or three straight runs. One was a tough, gritty run and the other was a nicely blocked play. Both were for substantial gains.

Willis tired, enter Knowshon. He gets in there, riding the momentum, o-line feeling good, defense on their heels....

And

And

He falls down, attempts to get up, falls down again.
    Goodbye momentum.
    This was due to the fact that 95% of the time he gets the hand off then hits the breaks ( that's why he fell ) so he can do his happy feet dance ( 15 stutter steps ) before picking a NEW running lane for little gain.

If Moreno is to have any chance he MUST commit to his running lane, follow his lead blocker and enter the lane in stride. This means to take the hand off and run through the assigned lane..........in Stride.....I don't understand why it's so hard for him to get or so hard for Studesville to ingrain in him.
    Last edited by marcus_miller; 10-09-2011 at 05:46 AM.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition backhand a fool!

Willis McGahee

Tim Tebow, Kyle Orton, Von Miller, Elvis Doom, Champ Bailey..

A ton of threads for a ton of guys. But really I am super freaking pumped that we have McGahee.. He brings so much to this team. I love how he does the MH Salute after every TD. McGahee is really.. he is such a gem on our team right now and I am so proud to have him...

Really.. he's probably the best runner we have had in a very long time.. Long live McGahee, long live Denver!!!

Sign him an extra couple years! Man deserves it!