Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Top 4 yes.

Rivers >>>>>> Ben
    Nope, give me Big Ben over Rivers all day and twice on Sundays..

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Rivers is the better passer. Big Ben is clutch.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Until Rivers does something in the playoffs, he's not top 5 to me. I've stood by that...

Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton (when healthy), Big Ben is my top 5.
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.

dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

i still think he is one of the greatest all time though.

brees has been choking lately as well. not saying he isn't top 5 but you cant simply use past accomplishments as your only reason for a QB to be a current top 5 player at his position.

do you think Ben has a SB on the chargers team? he is better this year so far yes but over their whole careers? no, its not as clear cut as you are pretending it is.

one of those SB's he has he got despite his poor play, not because of his awesome top 5 elite quarterbacking skills.

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post

Exactly, Ben comes up big when the pressure is on, Rivers chokes.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.

i still think he is one of the greatest all time though.

brees has been choking lately as well. not saying he isn't top 5 but you cant simply use past accomplishments as your only reason for a QB to be a current top 5 player at his position.
    Right now, and yes i think Peyton comes back strong next year.

Is that why Brees almost set the record for most games of 350+ passing yards in a row? Anyone with half a brain takes Brees over Rivers. At least his HC knows how to utilize Sproles.

do you think Ben has a SB on the chargers team? he is better this year so far yes but over their whole careers? no, its not as clear cut as you are pretending it is.

one of those SB's he has he got despite his poor play, not because of his awesome top 5 elite quarterbacking skills.
    Eh, i think he makes it to one, whether they won it is another story.

Is that why he had a 100+ QB rating in every game aside from the SB in 06? Won't argue he was pretty bad in the SB, but they don't make it without him.

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Agreed.

He'll be back, and in my opinion the greatest QB to ever play the game. Just look at the Colts without him. It will be very VERY interesting to see what the Colts do if they get the 1st pick in the draft.

Eh, i think he makes it to one, whether they won it is another story.

Is that why he had a 100+ QB rating in every game aside from the SB in 06? Won't argue he was pretty bad in the SB, but they don't make it without him.
    I believe the Steelers were undefeated last year without Ben Rapeherburger.

Funny because now after Rex Ryans statements the talking heads are making him out to look like a fraud. His success came with elite players around him and when the players skills diminished or left the current Rivers is what your left with. Saddly for Rivers everything hes done or rather NOT DONE up this point in his career is in jeopardy if he doesnt start turning himself around

People like to live in the moment and both Big Ben Rapistberger and Eli are looking like they are more elite. I even heard McShay the other day saying that draft scouts would have put Big Ben ahead of Rivers if he hadnt been such a bootleg QB, but his success at that position shows that players can do well if they know how to use those skills properly. Big Ben Rapistberger will likely make it to the hall of fame pending a 3rd and hopefully final rape charge. Eli and Rivers well they still have a lot to prove. Rivers more so then Eli

As they said 2 days ago on NFL Live when the Giants were going for the SB the last half and the playoffs of the season were some of the best games that either of the 3 have played and Eli is looking that way again.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 11-05-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Never was and never will be a fan of this guy ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by FLBroncFan View Post

Never was and never will be a fan of this guy ^^^^
    you are a broncos fan and your team gets beat almost every time you face him, of course you never liked the guy.

lol anyone see the first interception for a TD where Patrick Crayton didn't even try to get him. He just stood there watching him.

Seriously, what is going on with Rivers this year?
    He is struggling like crazy with the Ints.
    Not smacking, just wondering.

Tim Tebow: 6 TD's 1 INT

Philip Rivers: 11 TD's 14 INT's

Wow! What's up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Tim Tebow: 6 TD's 1 INT

Philip Rivers: 11 TD's 14 INT's

Wow! What's up with that.
    well with tebow, his off passes land in the stands, not anywhere near the actual field lol

rivers is having an off year, he's been a competent nfl qb in the past

tebow's hanging around and helping denver draft lower than they could have, and probably won't be in denver after 2011 (or he'll be a rb/te)

you are a broncos fan and your team gets beat almost every time you face him, of course you never liked the guy.
    That's not my point. I wouldn't like him if he were wearing Blue and Orange and starting for my team.

inb4 Chargers' fans rushing desperately to argue to defend Phillip Rivers' and their failing football team.
    Qwerty